Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Valet Service

Thread: Valet Service

427435 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Rochester, Minnesota

Default Valet Service

Members don't see this ad
    Does anyone know how the cost of the valet service for an Equus is paid for?? Does that all come out of the dealer's pocket or does he file a "warranty" type claim with Hyundai?

I was offered a 2012 Equus Signature yesterday for $47,500 by a dealer 80 miles away from me. They claimed they would drive to me, leave me a car to use, and return my car when they were done with any servicing. That costs someone something. I told the dealer I would take care of getting the car to the dealer for any servicing for a price concession, but they didn't offer one.

I'm just wondering how the dealer and Hyundai cover the cost.
    Mark

2013 Genesis R-Spec, 429 hp, Cabernet Red, 21,000
    miles
    2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 239 hp, 120,000 miles
    2003 Anniversary Corvette, 350 hp, 23,000 miles
    1967 Corvette, 435 hp, 100,000+ miles (my 1st new
    car)
    1977 IH Scout, lots of torque, lots of miles
    1994 Topaz, who cares, 234,000 miles

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Valet Service

It is possible that Hyundai pays for it, but also possible that the dealer pays but they are not allowed to make deals like that, since that service is advertised by Hyundai.

homeofstone is online now Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA

Quote Originally Posted by 427435 View Post
    Does anyone know how the cost of the valet service for an Equus is paid for?? Does that all come out of the dealer's pocket or does he file a "warranty" type claim with Hyundai?

I was offered a 2012 Equus Signature yesterday for $47,500 by a dealer 80 miles away from me. They claimed they would drive to me, leave me a car to use, and return my car when they were done with any servicing. That costs someone something. I told the dealer I would take care of getting the car to the dealer for any servicing for a price concession, but they didn't offer one.

I'm just wondering how the dealer and Hyundai cover the cost.
    Our local Acura dealer does this same service for their customers.
    Last edited by homeofstone; 12-02-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

sandy is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature
    I live in connecticut

Members don't see this ad
    Hyundai compensates the dealer, according to the owner of the dealership where I leased my Equus. I don't know the details. Your being 80 miles away seems significant considering the amount of time a Driver would be tied up going back and forth, miles racked up on the loaner, etc. Guess they figure it will only be once or maybe twice a year.
    14 Equus Signature
    13 Acura RDX
    12 Honda ST 1300
    65 Jaguar XKE 4.2
    64 Jacobsen Chief 1000