Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Power Stall when turning left to change lanes in stop and go traffic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kman is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Power Stall when turning left to change lanes in stop and go traffic

Members don't see this ad
    It is sad that Hyundai will not do anything with this until someone, or a lot of people die.

granitefingers is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Power Stall when turning left to change lanes in stop and go traffic

I too have had the same problem and not using my left foot to brake corrected my car from stalling. Good luck

zielritter is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Union, KY
    Cars in my garage

I've never experiencing anything close to this in my 2012. Are you saying that the engine shuts off when applying throttle? I sometimes get hesitation from a dead stop, but that's only when I've managed to break the tires loose and the ESC intrudes.

2012 Genesis Sedan 4.6l V8 385HP/333ft-lbs

White Satin Pearl - Tech Package
    Magnaflow CBE
    MSA Cat Deletes
    R2C CAI
    AM GT500 Shelby 19x8.5 wheels
    Megan Racing Street Coilovers
    Uniq Performance Rigid Collars
    20% 3M Tint
    Custom Front Lip
    Trunk Spoiler

CAKaus is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Problem totally fixed now. I am convinced that they understand problem although not disclosing it. I felt certain that this stalling is/was related to inability to fill my gas tank - when trying to pump gas into car the gas station pump handle would constantly shut off.

My problem is TOTALLY fixed now. Stalling would happen when slowing to stop or, worst case, slowing from 55 to turn left in 4 lane divided highway and car stalled in oncoming lanes - I was able to coast through lanes having given myself a safe amount of distance but it felt very close to a devastating accident.

The problem was fixed some time ago - can't recall when - it seemed to me that the company DID figure this out behind the scenes - they had my car for a day, the service guy told me about the 3 or 4 things they were doing, but not being a car mechanic type I do not recall anything he said. I just know that now I can fill my gas tank without having to work the pump constantly, and, no stalls since repairs.

ronb is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I notice the same problem with my 2010 4.6. kind of scary, making turn with cars coming, hit gas, nothing, then wow, takes off. never know when it will happen. I always leave the ESC on however, never thought of turning it off. Another trick I use when pulling out into traffic is start in 2nd then go to drive. Even with ESC on the wheels tend to spin under hard acceleration. Also gives a smoother take off. I don't care for the gearing, first gear is to low for me. Maybe the newer cars with 8 speeds are better, (or worse)

1FstYota is online now Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    When I had my 2012 3.8 I noticed this a lot, it almost feels like its searching for the right gear then bam it accelerates, I swear I was gonna get t boned quite a few times. But I learned to drive around this you gotta give it a good amount of the go pedal, if you baby the gas pedal when you take off it usually does it.
    Daily - 3.8 V6 Genesis Sedan with minor cosmetic mods
    Fun car - 94 Supra Turbo (Lagzilla) Too much mods and custom stuff to list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123