Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Cigarette lighter fuse
    CURLING is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Default Cigarette lighter fuse

Members don't see this ad
    I recently tried to remove a penny from the cigarette lighter in my 2009 Genesis with a pen. I know it was stupid but I didnt think it would short out. Its not working now. Is it the fuse? ...and if its the fuse..which one is it and in which panel. The fuse box panel isnt very good at saying which one is for the cigarette lighter. Can someone help?

bmbutler is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Cigarette lighter fuse

Check your book and fuse covers, but my cigarette lighter fuse (center console) of my 2012 Genesis was beside the engine.

CURLING is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

I did check but the box is so confusing. I cant find it.

Southern Boy is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in West Central Coast Florida

Quote Originally Posted by CURLING View Post
    I recently tried to remove a penny from the cigarette lighter in my 2009 Genesis with a pen. I know it was stupid but I didnt think it would short out. Its not working now. Is it the fuse? ...and if its the fuse..which one is it and in which panel. The fuse box panel isnt very good at saying which one is for the cigarette lighter. Can someone help?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fuse you are looking for is in the fuse box on the right side of the engine compartment towards the front. It is a 25 amp fuse (white)

This fuse provides power to the 15 and 10 amp fuses in the passanger side fuse box.

The 15 amp fuse is for the cigarette lighter next to the ash tray and the 10 amp is for the power plug in the storage compartment next to the USB plug.
    2011 Genesis Sedan 3.8 V6
    Titanium Gray Metallic
    Black leather
    Chrome pillars, Chrome door trim
    Wings hood & trunk, Wings wheel caps
    TSW Sentterton Chrome 18X8 40mm offset Wheels
    General G- Max AS03 225/50ZR18 Tires Nitrogen fill
    Southern Life Philosophy:
    Faster Cars, Younger Women, Older Whiskey and More Money!

bmbutler is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Southern Boy is exactly correct. Just wasn't at my car to look at it. Very easy to fix. But if you are so unsure, take it to the dealer.

Members don't see this ad
    Thanks dudes. I will check for it