Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Saw the 2015 Genesis in person, no camo
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LA Genesis is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Default Re: Saw the 2015 Genesis in person, no camo

Members don't see this ad
    dueyduck you are at least the third member of this forum that was there. For the record all of us signed confidentiality agreements which is why there are no pictures and not many comments from us about the car (except dueyduck).

This is the second time I've seen the car. First time was about 6 months ago. I will only say this. I've had some bad luck with my G. Worst new car I've ever owned to be honest. But I will definitely consider the new G because it looks so good.
    2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate RWD
    Ibiza Blue/Ivory Interior

Former owner of 2012 Genesis Premium/Tech

dueyduck is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

I did not notice any paddle shifters or tire brands. We weren't allowed to see the engine bay, but the specs sheet suggest its the same 3.8 in the current Genesis. It was a silver car, but not the same silver on the current genesis.

Mark63021 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by LA Genesis View Post
    dueyduck you are at least the third member of this forum that was there. For the record all of us signed confidentiality agreements which is why there are no pictures and not many comments from us about the car (except dueyduck).
    Uh oh.... Dueyduck's gonna get his little bill slapped by Uncle "Hyundai" Scrooge McDuck. Blabberbill Duey....
    2013 White Pearl R-Spec 5.0

Add-ons:
    Ceramic tint, All KDM wing options,
    Splash guards, Cargo tray.
    Mods:
    Coin tray, Dead pedal shim.
    LEDs:
    Rear turn, Backup, Lic plate, Trunk,
    Glove box, Puddle lights, ft wells.

larry'sown is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Quote Originally Posted by LA Genesis View Post

This is the second time I've seen the car. First time was about 6 months ago. I will only say this. I've had some bad luck with my G. Worst new car I've ever owned to be honest. But I will definitely consider the new G because it looks so good.
    Care to talk about the things you noticed in your viewings of the new Genesis? I won't tell anyone. Promise.

larry'sown is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark63021 View Post
    Uh oh.... Dueyduck's gonna get his little bill slapped by Uncle "Hyundai" Scrooge McDuck. Blabberbill Duey....
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by dueyduck View Post
    The specs shown was a 320hp V-6 (down 10hp) and 300lb/ft (up 10lb).
    That's very interesting and gives at least some credence to the 3.3T that makes 395hp making its way into the next Genesis. Also, a little less hp for a little more torque(hopefully at a lower RPM) is a nice trade-off IMO.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

I've done such focus groups in the past. Depending on the topic, you get paid about $100; perhaps more these days. Nobody is going to track you down for revealing information on the event, especially if you are posting here anonymously.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD (wife)

Potty_Pants is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by larry'sown View Post
    That's very interesting and gives at least some credence to the 3.3T that makes 395hp making its way into the next Genesis. Also, a little less hp for a little more torque(hopefully at a lower RPM) is a nice trade-off IMO.
    I'll wager the 3.3turbo is just as fast as the 5.0 v8

ppp
    Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS > Grand Am GT > Nissan Maxima > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude > Infiniti G35 > BMW E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
    Cuánto?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post

ppp
    Eh, it's just a rumor until there is something concrete from Hyundai, but if it is true, I would bet you're right. The next R-Spec has also been rumored to have the 5.0L bored out to 5.5L and have 470hp. If that's true as well, that would give an even 75hp difference(320hp vs 395hp vs 470hp) across the Genesis' engine lineup.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast