Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Pics of 2014 Equus
    equus2013 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Ultimate
    I live in Dallas

Default Pics of 2014 Equus

Members don't see this ad
    Here's a couple pics of the 2014 Equus. The new graphite polished wheels have grown on me and really make the car look more high-end. A service tech on the East Coast posted these pics and said this was a "pre-production" model and to expect them late September but John Krafcik (President of Hyundai North America) said the 2014 Equus will be available late June.. Hmmmmmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images

ockevin is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Buena Park,CA

Default Re: Pics of 2014 Equus

I like it

I live in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by ockevin View Post
    I like it
    Me too!

I have a white 2013 Ultimate and I've talked to my dealer about allocating a 2014 Night Shadow Brown Ultimate. No updates yet...

DubaiRich is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Plantation, FL

I just read this article

[URL="http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/hyundai-cars-stuck-at-sea-20130529-2nagx.html"]URL]

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiRich View Post
    Bummer. Hope they paid the freight insurance.

A boat carrying the first shipment of updated Hyundai Equus luxury sedans to the US has reportedly become stranded at sea.

According to USA Today, the Morning Spruce ship carrying 61 Hyundai Equus luxury sedans from South Korea to the US has lost power.

Boat-spotting website marinetraffic.com had reportedly shown the ship indicating a zero speed record for several days, first in the Okhotsk Sea near Russia, then later in the North Pacific. At the time of writing, the ship was no longer searchable.

Hyundai North America has confirmed the cars will be delayed, but suggested to the paper that it is unconcerned about losing the cars at sea as shipping delays are a regular occurrence. However, it will have to reschedule the launch of the car in the States.
    '12 4.6 Platinum/Black
    Retired: '09 4.6 Tech Titanium/Black

I live in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiRich View Post
    I just read this article

[URL="http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/hyundai-cars-stuck-at-sea-20130529-2nagx.html"]URL]
    Here's an updated link..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/05/27/hyundai-equus-adrift/2364769/

"Hyundai says the cargo ship Morning Spruce is on the move again, now scheduled to dock in the U.S. next week with a load of 61 redesigned 2014 Equus luxury sedans.

Morning Spruce was to have docked Monday with what would have been the first load of the Equus cars. Engine trouble at sea delayed it -- illustrating the fragility and complexity of global distribution.

The automaker says two other Equus-laden ships are due from South Korean soon, one Friday, another July 1."

DominicJE is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Daytona Beach, Florida

I wish they kept the chrome in the front, now it looks pretty plain.
    CURRENT CAR:

• 2014 BMW 428i w/ M Sport - Fully Loaded

PREVIOUS CARS:

• 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 w/ Premium
    • 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer

24 year old Web Designer || Business Owner

XBOHDPuKC is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by equus2013 View Post
    Here's an updated link..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...drift/2364769/

"Hyundai says the cargo ship Morning Spruce is on the move again, now scheduled to dock in the U.S. next week with a load of 61 redesigned 2014 Equus luxury sedans.

Morning Spruce was to have docked Monday with what would have been the first load of the Equus cars. Engine trouble at sea delayed it -- illustrating the fragility and complexity of global distribution.

The automaker says two other Equus-laden ships are due from South Korean soon, one Friday, another July 1."
    You can track Morning Spruce online and it left Western US short heading to Asia, probably that means that the vehicles are onshore already

Yup, looks like it docked a couple weeks ago in Oxnard and now it appears that it has returned to S. Korea.

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/datashe...ce=ITINERARIES

I live in Dallas

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
    Yup, looks like it docked a couple weeks ago in Oxnard and now it appears that it has returned to S. Korea.

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/datashe...ce=ITINERARIES
    That's awesome! Per the article, it appears there should have been two shipments of the Equus by now and then another arriving on July 1st. ... Hopefully some should be trickling to dealers next week! **fingers crossed*