Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Wing badges??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing badges??

shagnat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Default Wing badges??

Members don't see this ad
    Why do some 4.6L w/tech package have the "Wing" badges, and others do not? Is it a single option or dealer installed or ??

NSXNEXT is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Default Re: Wing badges??

It's not specific to any model Genesis. Some are installed by dealers but most are done by the owners.

http://sfrusa.3dcartstores.com/Exterior_c_34.html

wchettel is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Davie, FL

I have a 2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec. The dealer installed 'wing' badges on my hood and trunk. I purchased and installed a wing badge on my steering wheel and wing center caps for my wheels.
    WCHettel
    2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec-White Satin Pearl/Cashmere
    Born On Date: Mar 13, 2013
    Window Tint: Johnson Films Insulatir IR40 (42%)
    Wing Badges: Hood, Trunk, Wheels & Steering Wheel

nfetterly is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Cincinnati, OH

There is an excellent thread on the trunk badge where he posts a video replacing the badge.
    2012 V6 Platinum Metallic
    Premium & Tech package
    Rebadged, 30% tint

Winter....
    Michelin X-Ice3 215/60/17 Xi3
    Wheels 17x7.5 Sport Edition SE-16 Silver(Tire Rack)
    Weather Tech car mats, front & rear

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Why do some 4.6L w/tech package have the "Wing" badges, and others do not? Is it a single option or dealer installed or ??
    In Korea and most other countries outside of North American, the Genesis is sold as a Genesis brand (made by Hyundai) and not a Hyundai brand, so the Genesis outside of North America does not contains a "H" badge anywhere on it (only the winged Genesis badge). Some enterprising small companies have purchased the official winged badge parts in Korea from a Hyundai dealer parts department, imported them to the USA, and sold them to people here to swap out their H badges.

At first, it was only owners who started making the badge switch after the car was purchased, but now some dealers swap them out for new cars in their inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by wchettel View Post
    I have a 2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec. The dealer installed 'wing' badges on my hood and trunk. I purchased and installed a wing badge on my steering wheel and wing center caps for my wheels.
    Where can I get the steering wheel badge? I have all four wheels and the trunk and hood badges installed. Just need the steering wheel badge?
    Anyone know?

NSXNEXT is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Where can I get the steering wheel badge? I have all four wheels and the trunk and hood badges installed. Just need the steering wheel badge?
    Anyone know?
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...mblem&_sacat=0

my2wins is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Anyone know?
    There are two ways to rebadge the steering wheel. Option 1 is to buy an overlay sticker, which is the previous link you received. Cost is appx under $20. Option 2 is to buy a replacement steering wheel airbag from an importer for appx $250. Option 2 looks a lot nicer, but has cost and installation.

http://sfrusa.3dcartstores.com/
    or
    www.kdmstuff.com

Search for genesis sedan winged airbag

Or Here's a direct link so you can see the picture: http://sfrusa.3dcartstores.com/Interior_c_35.html

nyc1rob is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Basically they are an option.....hood, trunk, and steering wheel....best place to get them is E-Bay

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by wchettel View Post
    How easy was it to install the badge on the steering wheel?

Looks to me as if the badge is recessed into the cover for the airbag. So, how does that work?
    --2010 Genesis 4.6L w/Tech package
    --Fully badged
    --35% Tint (love it)
    --Bought 7/15/13 w/36K miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast