Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis
Page 5 of 144 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1434
  1. #41
    Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,792
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie3647 View Post
    I've found the MSRP for a 3.8 AWD Ultimate to be as consistent as this post implies. Could it more there or is that some kind of markup?
    He traded in the 3.8, but got the 2015 5.0 V8 Ultimate.


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Understood !

  3. #43
    YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,188
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Isn't that the average retail price? A trade-in is wholesale. Where is that Tommy guy, he can explain it to you that a dealer gets a trade-in for 13K and sells it for 18K-22K and only breaks even.
    Yes, that's retail - but even so $13k seems low (unless higher mileage or the dealer low-balled him; they did give him 3 yrs valet service which isn't free) and nonetheless, if MY09 M37s are going for about the same price, they have seen even greater depreciation.

    Also, depends on what part of the country one is located - a used RWD Genesis is not going to command the same resale in the snowbelt as it does in the sunbelt.

  4. #44
    msitter is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Greer, SC
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    67
    Posts
    310
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    I was at the dealer yesterday. He got in 3 V6 mid option models, a white, black and silver. The black one was detailed, licensed and ready for delivery, the silver was gone already and the white was in the process of pre delivery. All sold for MSRP. The black one was sold over the phone and put on a credit card sight unseen. The dealer who gave me a great deal in 2010 and has consistently provided great service and loaner cars told me that as hot as it seems now there will be no discounts until the pipeline fills up and cars start to sit in stock for awhile. He told me to be patient and good deals will come but probably not for 4-6 months. Meanwhile he will make hay while the sun shines. Just makes good sense.
    2010 Genesis 4.6 Tech Cabernet Red Pearl w/ Black Leather
    2012 BMW 335i M Sport Convertible
    1998 Ford Ranger
    1982 El Camino
    2005 Triumph Rocket III

  5. #45
    dach2k3 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    42
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    I feel like inventory is building up surprisingly quickly unless there is a lag at some point. I have been monitoring my local inventory and two weeks ago today there were zero locally, last friday there were 6, and today there are 20. That's a pretty rapid ramp up so far.

    I will pass by my local dealer to see if they actually have the 4 in stock that the site shows. Last week it showed 1 in stock and it was there when I passed by the next day. It was a Grey Standard 3.8. Right now they are showing a Blue 5.0 Ultimate, a Blue 3.8 Tech and the same 3.8 Grey standard and a new Red standard.

  6. #46
    PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,811
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Quote Originally Posted by msitter View Post
    I was at the dealer yesterday. He got in 3 V6 mid option models, a white, black and silver. The black one was detailed, licensed and ready for delivery, the silver was gone already and the white was in the process of pre delivery. All sold for MSRP. The black one was sold over the phone and put on a credit card sight unseen. The dealer who gave me a great deal in 2010 and has consistently provided great service and loaner cars told me that as hot as it seems now there will be no discounts until the pipeline fills up and cars start to sit in stock for awhile. He told me to be patient and good deals will come but probably not for 4-6 months. Meanwhile he will make hay while the sun shines. Just makes good sense.
    You bring up an interesting point. Are there really dealers who are actually accepting credit cards for full purchases?
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

    Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

    - 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

  7. #47
    TOMMYJR9's Avatar
    TOMMYJR9 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    223
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    In the south east cars & Hyundai are slow right now. We have a 160-180 day supply & that is heavy 4 us

  8. #48
    TOMMYJR9's Avatar
    TOMMYJR9 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    223
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    You bring up an interesting point. Are there really dealers who are actually accepting credit cards for full purchases?

    We pay from 3-5% to accept the c/c .

  9. #49
    dach2k3 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    42
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie3647 View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Default Invoice Prices for 2015 Genesis for reference

    3.8 RWD
    Signature_$39,299 (MSRP $42,000)
    Tech_____$42,484 (MSRP $45,500)
    Here's my target... either $39,000 for a signature or $42,000 for a Tech. I can live with a few hundred under invoice and I am confident it will get there... somewhere i read that someone struck a deal at $300 under invoice, so it might be sooner than I might think.

  10. #50
    TOMMYJR9's Avatar
    TOMMYJR9 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    223
    Cars in my garage
    0
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

    Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by dach2k3 View Post
    Here's my target... either $39,000 for a signature or $42,000 for a Tech. I can live with a few hundred under invoice and I am confident it will get there... somewhere i read that someone struck a deal at $300 under invoice, so it might be sooner than I might think.

    under invoice ? I doubt it at this time ,but was there a trade in ? To make up the difference ?

Page 5 of 144 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Hyundai Genesis? Check out your options at the links below: