Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis
Page 6 of 144 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Alwaysforward is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in South Florida - Treasure Coast
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

Members don't see this ad
    Tommy Jr9, is there more room for negotiation when your putting down 50%?
    Now part of the Genesis family as of September 23rd, 2014...
    Current Vehicles:
    • 2015 Hyundai Genesis - 5.0 Ultimate - Montecito Blue (The fastest color) /Beige Interior - Build Date July 8th, 2014
    • 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with Ultimate Package
    • 1998 Honda Civic LX

Favorite Past Vehicles:
    • 2005 F250 Supercrew 4X4 with a Triton V10
    • 2002 Honda Civic SI
    • 1999 Ford Taurus SHO
    • 1995 Ford 150 Lightining
    • 1991 Ford Thunderbird
    • 1985 Buick Limited Regal
    • 1971 Buick Skylark

TOMMYJR9 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysforward View Post

No more $ down only helps with financing

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYJR9 View Post
    We pay from 3-5% to accept the c/c .
    The reason I asked is that the dealer I bought from would not accept a credit card on the full purchase price. I tired hard to get them to do it, but they wouldn't budge. My card gives me cash back for every X dollars I spend, so there would have been a nice reward for me. They had the exact car that I wanted, so I really had no choice but to pay cash.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    The reason I asked is that the dealer I bought from would not accept a credit card on the full purchase price. I tired hard to get them to do it, but they wouldn't budge. My card gives me cash back for every X dollars I spend, so there would have been a nice reward for me. They had the exact car that I wanted, so I really had no choice but to pay cash.
    That cash back comes out of the fee merchants have to pay for accepting the card. If you pay extra for the car to cover the dealers fee for accepting your CC, then they would be more likely to do it. But not many people even have a credit card that would be approved for such a large amount. American Express might be more likely to approve the charge for certain cardholders (after a long time researching it), but their merchant fee is probably the highest around.

TOMMYJR9 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Cars in my garage

AMEX is the highest amount and yes if you do bump up the price of the vehicle to compensate for the fee or most of the fee some dealerships will do it

I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Cars in my garage

folks need to understand the timing is the most important part of purchasing a car especially early in the morning during the weekday would be the best time to get your best deal with rain or snow etc the worst time to go would be a Saturday afternoon reason being sales managers under pressure to sell cars if they can get a quick sale first thing in the morning they will take it and run

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    That cash back comes out of the fee merchants have to pay for accepting the card. If you pay extra for the car to cover the dealers fee for accepting your CC, then they would be more likely to do it. But not many people even have a credit card that would be approved for such a large amount. American Express might be more likely to approve the charge for certain cardholders (after a long time researching it), but their merchant fee is probably the highest around.
    Yes, of course. I first nailed the dealer down on the price I was willing to pay. After that, there was no room for them to add any fee for accepting my credit card. I was doomed by my good deal.

I live in Fl,sc,nj
    Cars in my garage

No, no at that point the loan-to-value so low anyway

msitter is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Greer, SC
    Cars in my garage

You bring up an interesting point. Are there really dealers who are actually accepting credit cards for full purchases?
    Yes, in fact I bought my 2006 GTO with a Visa card. Got the purchase miles and took advantage of a 36 month interest free period. I got a substantial discount and the rebate at the time.
    2010 Genesis 4.6 Tech Cabernet Red Pearl w/ Black Leather
    2012 BMW 335i M Sport Convertible
    1998 Ford Ranger
    1982 El Camino
    2005 Triumph Rocket III

ksoze is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysforward View Post
    Since dealer financing can add to the dealer profit potential, I would think a cash sale or outside financed sale would be less desirable. Any additional step in the sale process is a chance to add to the overall deal and trade-ins, finance and warranties can help make a low margin sale price better for the seller.

Page 6 of 144 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast