Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Emblem
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: G80 Emblem

Jetjockey10 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Smile Re: G80 Emblem

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Actually, only a little more than 1/2 of existing Hyundai dealers sell Equus (at least according to Hyundai Motor America). It may be a larger percentage in bigger metro areas.

There are two major problems in creating a separate dealership network for Genesis:

1. It costs a ton of money, and how many investors are willing to put up a few million dollars to open a new dealership right now? Back when Acura and Lexus started in the late 1980's, most of the Honda's and Toyota's (not to mention Acura and Lexus) were selling at MSRP or above to due to import quotas, so dealer profit margins were high, something that is not the case right now with Genesis. Adding $3K - $5K to the current out-the-door price of Genesis would put a crimp in sales.

2. They don't have enough models yet. When they get a small sedan, and one or two SUV/CUV's, then maybe. The SUV/CUV's are now the bulk of Acura and a very big chuck of Lexus sales.

Two models may be enough for a startup specialty luxury dealership. When I bought my first Lexus in 1990 at the only dealership at the time in Houston, there were only two Lexus models. Westside Lexus did not even put the smaller ES250 on the showroom floor for several years. Everything was about the new LS400.

I ordered the SC400 a couple of years later but only kept it about an hour. We returned it to the dealer and asked for our LS400 back - it only had one cup holder and rode like the shocks were locked down. The dealer thought we were kidding but, we weren't.

My 3rd Lexus was a '99 RX300 (bought in '98 at the Houston Autoshow). This was not up to what I expected of Lexus quality. The turning radius was about the same as a long wheel based truck and the NAV system didn't make it in time for the for couple of thousand deliveries. It was noisy, but the seats were well made and the driving position was about 8 inches higher than the LS which helped see past the car immediately in front of you.

Yep, I think Genesis can get started with only two models seeing as both are truly competitive models with the E-class and most of the BMWs, the full Lexus and Infinity line and the so-called high tech Acuras, maybe a few Honda drivers will upgrade. The S class Mercedes and larger BMWs are going to be a hard nut to crack without some history.

We bought our first Genesis a couple of weeks ago (traded in my Acura). Got a 2016 3.8 Ultimate package in Empire State gray with Ivory interior. We are still getting used to it but, the first 1,000 miles have impressed us.

My two cents.

Regards,

Ray

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G80 Emblem

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjockey10 View Post
    Two models may be enough for a startup specialty luxury dealership. When I bought my first Lexus in 1990 at the only dealership at the time in Houston, there were only two Lexus models.
    Back then SUV/CUV's were not big sellers, and the ones that existed were basically trucks with an enclosed rear-end.

Right now, SUV/CUV's are a large percentage of the market, and for some luxury brands like Acura, their biggest sellers. No brand can survive without them.

But if you think opening up a separate physical dealership is OK right now with just the G80 and G90, then why don't tell Hyundai you are willing to invest a few million dollars in a Genesis dealership and see what they say? Hyundai does not own dealerships--they are owned by independent companies or individual entrepreneurs. Good luck.

Cars in my garage

I thought I would post a comparison image of the 2015/16 vs 2017 winged emblem. Check out the updated G, larger and different font than previous.

Regards,

But, I haven't stumbled across the secret to posting an image just yet. duh.

Ray

http://s917.photobucket.com/user/ray...xy4v7.jpg.html

Cars in my garage

dareckibmw is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL
    Cars in my garage

Link doesn't work. Use http://imgur.com/ much better than photobucket

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    2014 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD (Wife's car)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    1998 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjockey10 View Post
    I thought I would post a comparison image of the 2015/16 vs 2017 winged emblem. Check out the updated G, larger and different font than previous.

Regards,

But, I haven't stumbled across the secret to posting an image just yet. duh.

Ray

http://s917.photobucket.com/user/ray...xy4v7.jpg.html
    The newer wing tabs on the back are much closer together than the 2015/16 wings, which required the tabs to be removed because they were too wide for the holes in the trunk lid.

I wonder if the new wings will fit directly in the holes on the 2015 trunk lids? This would be a definite reason for me to swap for the newer wings. Can anybody confirm if the new wing tabs fit the 2015 Genesis?

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Just noting that the front badge and rear badge appear to have different sized tabs...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

On a whim I ordered the '17 set from e-bay and when they get here we shall see if they fit. Even if the tabs don't match up I will grind them off and mount it up...Unless they really don't look that good :-)

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    On a whim I ordered the '17 set from e-bay and when they get here we shall see if they fit. Even if the tabs don't match up I will grind them off and mount it up...Unless they really don't look that good :-)
    Please, Please, Please follow up on this. I can't wait to see pics on your car and hope they fit perfectly!

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Subscribed. I want to see those emblems.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast