Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Emblem
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: G80 Emblem

Jetjockey10 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G80 Emblem

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjockey10 View Post
    I thought I would post a comparison image of the 2015/16 vs 2017 winged emblem. Check out the updated G, larger and different font than previous.

Regards,

But, I haven't stumbled across the secret to posting an image just yet. duh.

Ray

http://s917.photobucket.com/user/ray...xy4v7.jpg.html
    new link for image:

http://imgur.com/68SeaI9

Jetjockey10 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Try this new link for the image.

http://imgur.com/68SeaI9

Ray

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris41 View Post
    Please, Please, Please follow up on this. I can't wait to see pics on your car and hope they fit perfectly!

The new wings shipped yesterday...but estimated arrival date on the slow boat from Korea is Aug 26ish

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    The new wings shipped yesterday...but estimated arrival date on the slow boat from Korea is Aug 26ish
    ...But what will you do about the old logo on your steering wheel? That will expose you as a G80 "poser" ... There are also the logo's on all 4 wheel center caps - I wonder if Genesis changed those to the new wings as well? ...and the logo that displays on the splash screen of your AVN system - Oh, the horror...
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

I think I can get a front and rear for $55 plus shipping and that would include a 2 month Supporting Member account if anyone is interested. Let me know...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

They'll make it...eventually. My door sills took awhile and the tracking number doesn't seem to work....but they did arrive.

Cars in my garage

You'll also need the new engine cover with the Genesis wings as seen in this video at 13:14 in:

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post
    You'll also need the new engine cover with the Genesis wings as seen in this video at 13:14 in:

Lol...I already removed the H from my engine cover and still deciding which wings to replace it. After removing the H emblem, there is a slight oval indentation in the cover. I thought about using the G1 wings because I like the look and the emblem is cheap.

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

Ok...got the new emblems in a couple days ago, but I am a busy guy ;-)

So....not quite what I expected. Based on the previous pics I thought they would have satin chrome edges with the pebble grain inside the wings. The edges are actually brighter chrome. I also thought the Genesis emblem was all black, but it's still the black edge with a blue center.

They are bigger, but I think everyone was expecting that. Soooooo...does the rear emblem have tabs that fit the holes? Kinda... The left oval one matches and seems to put it exactly on center. However, the round post on the right is too far away. So I ground that one down and lined things up. For me that meant measuring the distance from the trunk edge to the wingtip...83.2 mm exactly. It started raining so I have not done the front yet but I wanted to get something up here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Ok...got the new emblems in a couple days ago, but I am a busy guy ;-)

So....not quite what I expected. Based on the previous pics I thought they would have satin chrome edges with the pebble grain inside the wings. The edges are actually brighter chrome. I also thought the Genesis emblem was all black, but it's still the black edge with a blue center.

They are bigger, but I think everyone was expecting that. Soooooo...does the rear emblem have tabs that fit the holes? Kinda... The left oval one matches and seems to put it exactly on center. However, the round post on the right is too far away. So I ground that one down and lined things up. For me that meant measuring the distance from the trunk edge to the wingtip...83.2 mm exactly. It started raining so I have not done the front yet but I wanted to get something up here.
    The ones I've seen on eBay were listed specifically as for the G90. Do we know that there are not slightly smaller ones for the G80? Likely not, but a question.

I also noticed the bright chrome trim on the new wings in earlier pictures. That works on the G90 as all of the chrome is bright - not so sure it works on the G80/G2 Genesis as the trim is all satin (except rear model/brand badging) - certainly a small design cue discontinuity on the G80.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast