Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Emblem
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: G80 Emblem

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G80 Emblem

Members don't see this ad
    You are correct in stating all the ebay ones are labeled G90, I just assumed they were the same. So that got me looking at the review video someone put up of a G80. Those badges are bright chrome sure enough, even though the trim is still satin looking. I guess this is the direction Hyundai...errr...Genesis is taking. I will get the front one installed hopefully this weekend and see how I like it. Maybe a touch of bling is not too bad, but I was hoping for satin. I really do like the pebble grain inside the edges!

celltech is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

And time for the front emblem...still bigger than the original. But the mounting posts do not line up *at all*, and they are even different sizes/shapes. So get out the Dremel grinder and lay down some reference tape.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Thank you for the pictures. These wings are apparently growing with each generation.

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    And time for the front emblem...still bigger than the original. But the mounting posts do not line up *at all*, and they are even different sizes/shapes. So get out the Dremel grinder and lay down some reference tape.
    It would seem a waste for them to change molds for the front bumper holes (unless the holes are stamped out after molding)? Maybe there are G80 specific wings that would match up?
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Damn! We're right back where we started....

I like the newer wing look as it looks less like the Chrysler wings. My friend thought I'd bought a Chrysler.

Now I have to hope the G80 wings will fit. Oh well....

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris41 View Post
    Damn! We're right back where we started....

I like the newer wing look as it looks less like the Chrysler wings. My friend thought I'd bought a Chrysler.

Now I have to hope the G80 wings will fit. Oh well....
    They're really SO CLOSE that 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference. The way things go you may NEVER park next to - or been seen by - another "Genesis enthusiast" who can actually tell the difference between the second generation and third generation wings. Heck, I'd even put money on most people not being able to tell the difference between any of the three different versions...
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

sub780lime is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oxnard, CA
    Cars in my garage

Looks like I will need a host of new emblems for my car now...

Rloyola0426 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I was at Costco a few weeks ago and this guy came up to my car, obviously admiring it. Before he walked away he came to my window and said "Damn, Chrysler has come a long way". LOL. I didn't even bother to correct him.
    2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 RWD with Signature package Empire State Gray/Black Leather interior
    - AEM CAI
    - ATQ Rigid Collars
    - Megan EZII Coilovers
    - 20x9 +30 Rotary Forged Gloss Gunmetal TSW Bathurst wheels
    - 18% Nano Hybrid Carbon tint including panoramic roof
    - 12" SSA GCON subwoofer in ported box tuned to 33hz
    - Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D
    - LC2i Line Out Converter

Topster is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Can anyone point me to a site to purchase a G80 emblem for my 2016? Already have the Wings and will leave them as is. Will remove Genesis and place new G80 in that location.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Topster View Post
    Can anyone point me to a site to purchase a G80 emblem for my 2016? Already have the Wings and will leave them as is. Will remove Genesis and place new G80 in that location.
    The G80 trunk badge has a different look than all the other wings on your '16.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast