Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: KDMZILLA's 5.0 build thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    KDMzilla is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Default KDMZILLA's 5.0 build thread

Members don't see this ad
    New to the forum and have spent several hours looking at everyone else's build so I figured I would throw mine up.

2015 5.0 Black on Black.

Last August I decided on wheels. I contacted Tommy at Infinitewerks to start working on a 3 piece made to order set. I decided on the MX model 20 inch with Gunmetal Metallic faces and Tuscany Copper lips.

We did our first test fitting back in August to get all the measurements. Once we were done, I wasn't satisfied with what we came up with. At stock height the measurements basically left me with a 1.5 inch lip up front and 2.5 inch lip on the rears. I am not a stance or poke type of guy, I've got 420 HP and I use it. I wanted a nice clean look with the lips to match the fenders. I paid for the wheels and we decided to wait until I got the car lowered before we made the final measurements for the hubs and lips.

After researching around I wasn't finding very much in regards to suspension. I didnt want to bag it and I had never been satisfied with lowering Springs so I decided to hunt for a set of coils overs. After reaching out to a few manufactures I got in touch with Megan Racing who didn't have anything for a 2015 sedan, but said they could use my car for a test fitting. Down side, they need my car for 2 weeks so they can send my suspension to the factory and make a set based off the specs. Problem number 2, they were extremely backed up so they couldn't get my car in for a few weeks. Month later they called and said bring it in. 2 weeks turn around time turned to 2 months. 2 months without my car, with wheels that have been 100% paid for. Brutal. I got the call a few days before Christmas that it was ready to be picked up

Ride wise the coilovers feel pretty good. I can pretty much dump the car to the ground, but I have been riding around with it lowered a little more than an inch all the way around. I did lose a little ride quality but you have to pay to play when lowering. We are going to switch out the front Springs to a stiffer rate.

This last Monday I went back to Infinitewerks to do the final measuring. The centers had already been completed but we needed the final specs for the lips and width.

Final figures 20x9 fronts, 20x10.5 rears.

The lips are being sent off for plating as of now so it will probably be another few weeks before I get them back.

Test fit pics:

I'll keep you updated when I get the wheels in.

coolasice is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: KDMZILLA's 5.0 build thread

So sick!

Huddleston is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Fayetteville, AR
    Cars in my garage

Very nice. I like where this is headed. I was toying with getting custom coil overs made and decided for daily driving springs were the way to go. I have the Shelby for going fast :-). I'm glad someone else sees the potential in these cars and is moving forward with modifying it.

Cars in my garage

I also like your handle. I was thinking of getting a custom plate with either "KDMZILA" or "KDMMSCL" but have been dragging my feet.

Cars in my garage

I am still surprised that there aren't many out there building them up. There are so many upgrades for the coupe but literally nothing for the gen 2 sedans. We are going to end up having everything custom built and pay out the nose for it. I really want to get an exhaust and custom diffuser like a GTR. I don't really like the gap we have in the stock exhaust

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    I also like your handle. I was thinking of getting a custom plate with either "KDMZILA" or "KDMMSCL" but have been dragging my feet.
    Lol, I just ordered my plates. CA just re-released the black plate with yellow lettering. Little bit more expensive, but will look mutch better than the white plates

DavidHanLee is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 5.0 HTRAC
    I live in Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Cars in my garage

Followed you on Instagram

Current: 2015 Ibiza Blue 5.0 HTRAC
    Traded in: 2011 Sapphire Blue Pearl Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6
    R2C CAI, MSA X-pipe, Muffler delete and Silverline quad exhaust tips
    Genesis Sedan 4.6 YouTube Videos
    Instagram

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by KDMzilla View Post
    I am still surprised that there aren't many out there building them up. There are so many upgrades for the coupe but literally nothing for the gen 2 sedans. We are going to end up having everything custom built and pay out the nose for it. I really want to get an exhaust and custom diffuser like a GTR. I don't really like the gap we have in the stock exhaust

that's precisely what I have done lol. I am currently having some custom pieces fabricated and will be testing them on the car over the next few months. Swaybars and a true CAI - the issue I am running into is the tuning aspect. I actually have a front and rear diffuser in carbon fiber that I haven't installed yet. My car is used chiefly for daily driving and road rallies so the function aspect is a little more important than form. With the drop the car is already very low and adding a lip is just too much. I like things simple and clean.

As I said - good luck on the build, I happy someone else is modding their beast!
    Current Garage:
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0
    2013 Mercedes ML 350 4Matic
    2015 Porsche 911 Carrera

My 2015 Genesis Build Thread:http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...ad.php?t=16546
    My Wheelwell:https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/54...2/parts/#Parts
    IG:sahuddleston85

xiaphin is offline KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by KDMzilla View Post
    Last August I decided on wheels. I contacted Tommy at Infinitewerks to start working on a 3 piece made to order set. I decided on the MX model 20 inch with Gunmetal Metallic faces and Tuscany Copper lips.

I'll keep you updated when I get the wheels in.
    Nice! Another Genesis rocking Infinitewerks. Tommy is a good guy to deal with and it must have been nice to do a test fit at their facility, I would have loved that opportunity. What was the final offsets you went with? Lip Sizes? Finish for centers and hardware?

Look forward to seeing them installed.
    Debadged - 3000K HIDs - KDM Airbag - Black Chrome Rear Wing - LED Scuff Plates - SS Dynamic Edition Accel Pedal - Aluminum Brake Pedal - Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
    Suntek HP Bronze 40% Tint - Orafol 8300 Light Grey Tinted Heads and Tails - Avery SW900 Brushed Steel Wrapped Roof
    Junction Produce Beige Curtains - VipdOut Beige Neckpads
    09' SCC Grille w/Camera - Prada Side Engine Covers
    Air Force Suspension Bags
    Accuair e-Level Management - Dual 400s - 5 Gal Tank - Exo Mounts - Copper Hardlines - SS Fittings - Zaetec Digital Pressure Gauge - i-Level
    Infinitewerks LS01
    Front - 20x10+18 Rear - 20x10.5+28
    Liquid Bronze Face - Brushed Smoked Lead Lips and Centers w/logo Machined - 24k Gold Hardware
    Yokohama S.drive 245/35/20 All Around
    --------------
    IG - @pharrlower
    Discogs - xiaphin

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaphin View Post
    Nice! Another Genesis rocking Infinitewerks. Tommy is a good guy to deal with and it must have been nice to do a test fit at their facility, I would have loved that opportunity. What was the final offsets you went with? Lip Sizes? Finish for centers and hardware?
    Look forward to seeing them installed.
    Front: +35 6.5 inch barrels, 2.5 inch lip
    Rear: +45 6.5 inch barrels, 3.5 inch lip
    Center Finish: Gunmetal Metallic
    Lip Finish: Tuscany Copper
    Hardware: Tuscany Copper
    Cap: Tuscany Copper (also getting red)

I really wanted bigger lips, but I would of either had to camber out, or do fender work and I wasn't looking for a really aggressive stance look. I wanted it nice and clean to line up with the fenders. Dropping it gives me just enough camber. Infinitewerks did anot RC350 for SEMA that had MX's with the same lip Sizes on front and rear which looked amazing. I can't wait to see the final product. And yes, Tommy and all the guys at Infinitewerks are top notch. They truly go out of their way to make sure you get exactly what you want, and the quality of their work and materials are the best in the industry.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast