Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: (#easy) You want a LED DRL on your US Genesis? Read on.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    2015g5.0 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Washington, DC
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: (#easy) You want a LED DRL on your US Genesis? Read on.

Members don't see this ad
    I have been looking all over for this THANKS! Can/Could you describe how to do this without pulling the bumper. Thanks! Or if you know of anyone who has/can do this in DC.

- - - Updated - - -

So the amber driving lights continue to run as DRL in Auto mode and the accent/parking lights burn bright when in Parking light mode or headlight on mode?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dthomas1 View Post
    I have been working on this and a relatively simple semi fix is available for US cars. As reported in this thread, a wire is missing in the connector on US versions. Unfortunately, there is NOT a wire on the corresponding plug on US versions like the Canadian version. By removing the center brown wire and moving it to the empty spot on the connector, the parking lights will then be the brighter version of the lights. The only caveat is that you must turn on the parking lights but it is awesome to have the bright LED eyebrows.
    So you just move the brown wire to the empty slot on the same connector? as indicated in the pics above?
    Last edited by 2015g5.0; 03-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Mfg Date: 2/24/15
    Parisian Grey V6S
    Ivory Trim VYC
    Black Card #304

Dthomas1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Yes

Dat5.0GenLyfe2016 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

I just wanted to say that I just did the switch, easy super easy and they are much brighter.. Once you put it in Auto mode they go back to low light.

Update: now for some reason I don't have fogs working???? has anyone with the tech package with fogs that have done this mod, have the same problem???
    Last edited by Dat5.0GenLyfe2016; 03-20-2017 at 11:19 PM.

tuckerdog1 is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS
    Cars in my garage

Couple questions:
    If, say an Audi is coming at me with it's LED DRLs on, and a turn signal is turned on, the LED DRL on that side of the car turn off until the turn signal is turned off. On a 2016 Genesis that "comes" with the LED DRLs, does that happen? And once this change is made to a 2015, if the turn signal is turned on, do these LEDs that are now the DRLs turn off?

Tuckerdog1
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

jrhodes87 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
    Couple questions:
    If, say an Audi is coming at me with it's LED DRLs on, and a turn signal is turned on, the LED DRL on that side of the car turn off until the turn signal is turned off. On a 2016 Genesis that "comes" with the LED DRLs, does that happen? And once this change is made to a 2015, if the turn signal is turned on, do these LEDs that are now the DRLs turn off?

Tuckerdog1
    Yes the LED DRL will turn off on the 16 genesis the turn signal will become a small amber blink. Unless you purchase OEM Korean Domestic (dual projector) Genesis or G80 head lights, then the entire DRL will blink amber, looks much better imo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Genuine-...3D282307826414

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Headlamp...3D321988117426

sunnyjim is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Nevada
    I live in Nevada
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    srobak,
    So if I am understanding you, without doing this "brightening" work on the headlights (bumper removal, electrical, etc.), I could just manually turn on my LED parking lights to use as running lights in the daytime, and then switch to regular lights for night driving? Untalented as I am, that would still be an improvement over the amber DRLs. Right? Tks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567