Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    richbegelfer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Phoenix, AZ
    Cars in my garage

Cool Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Reimer View Post
    Do any of you know how to shut OFF the Turn Signal "clicking"?? - have looked in Manual and the Onscreen Info and don't see it - it's so damn LOUD it's distracting

Larry
    Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any user controllable way to shut off the blinker sound. My 2017 G80 blinker sound is fairly low and not at all annoying. I would suggest that you request the SA/Dealership replace your blinker device. They are just small cheap devices plugged in under the dash. Some are noisier than others, and your car may have gotten a loud one. Also, if the blinker is touching something under the dash, that can amplify the blinker sound. I've found this to be an easily fixable problem in many different types of cars over the past 40 years. The Dealer should just agree to plug in a new unit, as it's really no big deal.https://genesisowners.com/hyundai-ge...cons/icon6.png

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Larry Reimer;235301]WOW Rich!! I thought it might be the Power Steering Motor and was worth a shot..........I know how frustrating a Lemon car can be

Well, the "buy-back" department has refused the buy-back and denies the problem exists. They totally ignore the fact that two different mechanics at Genesis have acknowledged the vibration. So nice to know that the G80 is a luxury car that vibrates by design! They also have ignored my research that indicates the low aspect ratio tires are likely the culprit. So I did more research ... I've spoken to engineers at several tire manufacturers, and all of them do not recommend using 35 and 40 aspect ratio tires on 18" wheels with a car that weighs over 3,400 pounds - and they agree that this is likely the cause of the vibrations. But Genesis says that will not solve anything!!! Mt neighbor drives a 2013 4.6, and after driving my 2017 G80 5.0 - he said he thinks it rides like the tires are full of small marbles! We agree that the vibrations are subtle, but after 30 or more minutes on a smooth highway ... it becomes annoying. By the way, this neighbor is the head of the mechanics garage for the city of Phoenix, and a 35 year veteran master mechanic! I'm going to hire an independent diagnostic company (recommended by the folks at Barrett-Jackson here in Phoenix) to test my G80, as well as my 1999 Lexus SC400, my neighbor's 2013 Genesis 4.6, and my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Ultimate, as they all ride far smoother than my G80. Armed with those test results, I'll then file my lemon law claim and do my best to embarrass Genesis into acknowledging the problem. No doubt, they want to avoid admitting the problem, because if they do, and it is the low aspect ratio tires ... then they could be liable to replace all the tires on all G2 Genesis models as well as the new G80s. Not that it needs to be said ... I sure am not impressed with "the Genesis Experience".
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G80

RonG80 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Long Island, NY
    Cars in my garage

Thumbs up Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Hi. I got my G80 on March 6, 2017. I am LOVING this car.

Larry Reimer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80
    I live in Fort Lauderdale FL
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Hi Rich - I can understand that you're mighty pissed about this - and I'd be too. How bout buying a set of 45 Aspect Ratio Hi-Perf tires of same size for all 4 wheels - I've always had the best overall luck with Nitto INVO's and have used both 45 Aspect and 40 Aspect at various times on other cars - I can tell you it's really obvious in the ride, which is much stiffer/bumpier with any 40 Aspects than the 45's..........would probaly cost you $1000, but if it cures the issue for you, you'll HAVE the correct solution plus can save yourself all the angst of trying to get Hyundai to admit to Reality...............Larry

richbegelfer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Phoenix, AZ
    Cars in my garage

I'm going to try to convince the dealer to swap out the tires. There is a 2015 2nd gen owner on this site who had the same problem and got the dealer to put larger tires on it, solving the problem. I've met about 10 2nd gen and G80 owners here in Phoenix who have the same problem, and I've collected their info and VIN numbers. Perhaps if I present that info to the dealer, they might want to avoid a mass Lemon Law suit and just give me different tires. They already swapped out the original tires for an identical set, and then mounted the additional set I got authorized (and paid for) from Continental. The dealer has had several complaints about the vibrations on G80s, 2nd gens, as well as G90s, so they might be motivated to get Hyundai/Genesis to cover it, as they did the first set of replacement tires. I'm just not going to pay $1,000 for new tires on a leased vehicle, and I shouldn't have to do so. Someone has got to hold Hyundai/Genesis' feet to the fire on this issue. It might as well be me. Wish me luck!

Reugoff is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Myrtle Beach SC
    Cars in my garage

New to the forums. 2017 Genesis G80

Larry Reimer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80
    I live in Fort Lauderdale FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by richbegelfer View Post
    I'm going to try to convince the dealer to swap out the tires. There is a 2015 2nd gen owner on this site who had the same problem and got the dealer to put larger tires on it, solving the problem. I've met about 10 2nd gen and G80 owners here in Phoenix who have the same problem, and I've collected their info and VIN numbers. Perhaps if I present that info to the dealer, they might want to avoid a mass Lemon Law suit and just give me different tires. They already swapped out the original tires for an identical set, and then mounted the additional set I got authorized (and paid for) from Continental. The dealer has had several complaints about the vibrations on G80s, 2nd gens, as well as G90s, so they might be motivated to get Hyundai/Genesis to cover it, as they did the first set of replacement tires. I'm just not going to pay $1,000 for new tires on a leased vehicle, and I shouldn't have to do so. Someone has got to hold Hyundai/Genesis' feet to the fire on this issue. It might as well be me. Wish me luck!
    OK Rich - and if it's Leased then sure think you're goin the correct route - I'd just try to get them to put 45 aspect ratio tires on it vs the 40 aspects you now have............

br121god is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Cambridge Ontario Canada
    Cars in my garage

I drive a 2017 Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate. Exterior is Ibiza Blue with Ivory interior. Picked it up on March 30,2017.

Dai Uy Ted is offline Registered Member What I drive: '17 G80 Ultimate 5.0
    I live in Titusville FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by br121god View Post
    I drive a 2017 Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate. Exterior is Ibiza Blue with Ivory interior. Picked it up on March 30,2017.
    Me too; same color. May 2nd.
    - Ted

Don't take yourself so seriously.
    No one else does.

PurdueKappa is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017
    I live in So Cal
    Cars in my garage

Any owners in SO Cal? I'd like to group up and see about adding mods on my car.

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Stupid question, but how do you post pics in the thread. I can't find anything to do so, maybe I'm just missing it but would like to post pics of my car. Thank you in advance for your help!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast