Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Thank you so much.

The parking sensors come with premium and higher correct?

How widely spread the panoramic sunroof wind noise issue, paint peeling at the metal joints of the sunroof?
    Leggy, toward the end of this G80 brochure, it list all the features with each trim...base, premium and ultimate.
    http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...ll-Call!/page9
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White

leggy is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by pmcjr View Post
    Leggy, toward the end of this G80 brochure, it list all the features with each trim...base, premium and ultimate.
    http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...ll-Call!/page9
    Sorry pmcjr but can't find the brochure, it takes me to page 9 of this thread and no brochure to be found there.

pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Sorry pmcjr but can't find the brochure, it takes me to page 9 of this thread and no brochure to be found there.
    Leggy, don't know what happened. This is the link. http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...ae#/d5538fae/1 Features start on page 19.

leggy is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Got it, thank you

richbegelfer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Phoenix, AZ
    Cars in my garage

Thumbs down Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

I have a 2017 G80, 5.0 Ultimate Took delivery in Sept. 2016. Other than the obvious and very annoying issue that the Ultimate DIS cannot support Android-Auto, which was not disclosed prior to purchase - in fact, they told me it could run it and send/receive texts. Now here is the real problem:

Since the redesign of the Genesis vehicle in 2015, there were many excellent improvements made to the vehicle, not the least of which was making the vehicle quieter from road noise. But it seems that whatever redesign was done to the suspension has resulted in a constant vibration through the steering wheel and the seat that reminds me of the vibration of an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. It is almost a slight vibration/rumble, but it's always there at any speed.

At first, Genesis replaced the tires with another set of the factory Continental Contact TX. That did not help. Then, after I contacted Continental tires, the tires were again replaced with the Continental top of the line for this size tire(s), the Extreme Contacts. Still the problem persists.

I just got the car back from Genesis/Hyundai service (for the 4th time) yesterday, February 15th, 2017. They checked everything and tightened everything in the suspension, including a small adjustement to the rear wheel alignment. The problem persists.

It is interesting to note that none of the previous Genesis models I have owned/leased ever had any kind of vibration like this. I've owned/leased 2- 2010 4.6 Ultimate/Tech; a 2011 4.6 Ultimate/Tech; and a 2012 3.6 base model that i bought for my Mother.

With my new 2017 G80 5.0 Ultimate - After driving on the highway for 35 to 90 minutes, even on brand new asphalt, the tips of my fingers are buzzing and I feel like I have been sitting on a very fine rumbling machine.

I have read the posts about the tire flat spot vibrations that others have experienced. This is not that problem. However, my car also had that problem too. In my opinion, this vehicle is too heavy to have 40 aspect ratio tires on it, such that each morning or after the car has been sitting for at least 4 hours or more, the tires ride like they are almost square, but only for the first 10-20 miles until they heat up and the flat spots go away.

After Genesis/Hyundai replaced the tires with another stock set - Continental tires acknowledged this problem and replaced my tires with the upgraded model, the "EXTREME CONTACT", even though they thought this would make the flat spot problem even worse. I have noticed that the tires regain their round shape faster with the Extreme Contact tires. But this does not address the constant subtle vibration problem in any way.

I did remove 4 pounds of air from all four of the tires last week, and this makes the problem slightly better, but does not make it go away. Along the same line as the vibration problem, I've noticed that the entire front end suspension of the vehicle shakes, as if something were loose, when I go over a parking lot speed bump at 3+ miles per hour - but not every time. I thought this might indicate that there is a problem with the suspension dampers, which would be the same problem causing the vibration. But Genesis/Hyundai service tells me that everything is "up to spec" and that my car rides the same as several other 2017 G80s that they test drove.

Unfortunately for Genesis, this indicates that the 2015 redesign of the suspension includes either a design defect or a manufacturing defect in one of the components. Either way, Genesis cannot make this vibration go away, and they say it is normal. It was not present in any of the pre 2015 Genesis cars, and it should not be present in the post 2015 models or the 2017 Genesis brand vehicle. This is a luxury car. It should not have this vibration.

I contacted the factory rep. and they have opened a case number for my claim. If they cannot fix it, I will either file a lemon law claim on it, or they can just buy it back to avoid the bad publicity of such a claim. I have spoken to several owners of post 2015 Genesis owners that I meet in parking lots. They all have noticed the vibration and have been told it is "normal".
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G80

Larry Reimer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80
    I live in Fort Lauderdale FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by richbegelfer View Post
    I have a 2017 G80, 5.0 Ultimate Took delivery in Sept. 2016. Other than the obvious and very annoying issue that the Ultimate DIS cannot support Android-Auto, which was not disclosed prior to purchase - in fact, they told me it could run it and send/receive texts. Now here is the real problem:

Since the redesign of the Genesis vehicle in 2015, there were many excellent improvements made to the vehicle, not the least of which was making the vehicle quieter from road noise. But it seems that whatever redesign was done to the suspension has resulted in a constant vibration through the steering wheel and the seat that reminds me of the vibration of an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. It is almost a slight vibration/rumble, but it's always there at any speed.

At first, Genesis replaced the tires with another set of the factory Continental Contact TX. That did not help. Then, after I contacted Continental tires, the tires were again replaced with the Continental top of the line for this size tire(s), the Extreme Contacts. Still the problem persists.

I just got the car back from Genesis/Hyundai service (for the 4th time) yesterday, February 15th, 2017. They checked everything and tightened everything in the suspension, including a small adjustement to the rear wheel alignment. The problem persists.

It is interesting to note that none of the previous Genesis models I have owned/leased ever had any kind of vibration like this. I've owned/leased 2- 2010 4.6 Ultimate/Tech; a 2011 4.6 Ultimate/Tech; and a 2012 3.6 base model that i bought for my Mother.

With my new 2017 G80 5.0 Ultimate - After driving on the highway for 35 to 90 minutes, even on brand new asphalt, the tips of my fingers are buzzing and I feel like I have been sitting on a very fine rumbling machine.

I have read the posts about the tire flat spot vibrations that others have experienced. This is not that problem. However, my car also had that problem too. In my opinion, this vehicle is too heavy to have 40 aspect ratio tires on it, such that each morning or after the car has been sitting for at least 4 hours or more, the tires ride like they are almost square, but only for the first 10-20 miles until they heat up and the flat spots go away.

After Genesis/Hyundai replaced the tires with another stock set - Continental tires acknowledged this problem and replaced my tires with the upgraded model, the "EXTREME CONTACT", even though they thought this would make the flat spot problem even worse. I have noticed that the tires regain their round shape faster with the Extreme Contact tires. But this does not address the constant subtle vibration problem in any way.

I did remove 4 pounds of air from all four of the tires last week, and this makes the problem slightly better, but does not make it go away. Along the same line as the vibration problem, I've noticed that the entire front end suspension of the vehicle shakes, as if something were loose, when I go over a parking lot speed bump at 3+ miles per hour - but not every time. I thought this might indicate that there is a problem with the suspension dampers, which would be the same problem causing the vibration. But Genesis/Hyundai service tells me that everything is "up to spec" and that my car rides the same as several other 2017 G80s that they test drove.

Unfortunately for Genesis, this indicates that the 2015 redesign of the suspension includes either a design defect or a manufacturing defect in one of the components. Either way, Genesis cannot make this vibration go away, and they say it is normal. It was not present in any of the pre 2015 Genesis cars, and it should not be present in the post 2015 models or the 2017 Genesis brand vehicle. This is a luxury car. It should not have this vibration.

I contacted the factory rep. and they have opened a case number for my claim. If they cannot fix it, I will either file a lemon law claim on it, or they can just buy it back to avoid the bad publicity of such a claim. I have spoken to several owners of post 2015 Genesis owners that I meet in parking lots. They all have noticed the vibration and have been told it is "normal".
    WOW!!! Well I don't have the V8, I have the V6 - but I can tell you that after 3 months of ownership I sure haven't noted that on the 3.8L....and I'm pretty sensitive to vibration. I do know the cars have what's called "Motor-driven Power Steering" and I've heard of some issues with it all along the Hyundai Model Line. As for tires - and I've driven more than a few - it's a fact that the more HP the tire compound is, the more prone to Flat-Spotting they are - to give you an example......I've been running INVOs (Nitto) on my cars for 10 years now and before that I ran Dunlop - also had my share of Michelin Pilot Sports. They ALL are prone to flat-spotting if they even sit for 8 hours. Flat Spotting in my experience doesn't cause "vibration" in the Steering Wheel as much as "noise/rumble" - and there's really not much we can do about it. My car sits all nite when I'm home and at least 8 hrs a day when I'm at work - and even tho INVO's ARE quietER than most HP tires they still Flat Spot after sitting for even a few hours. If you can get Hyundai to do it, I'd have them change your Motor Assembly that drives your Power Steering. Once again no notice of what you're experiencing on my 2017 V6............hope this helps a bit - good luck!! - Larry

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by richbegelfer View Post

One other thing about "tires" I forgot to mention to you (all) - even tho it's pretty heavy, the G80 seems pretty sensitive to Tire Pressures - before this car I always ran about 36/37 PSI COLD, but on the G80 that seemed way too stiff of a ride (factory tires are Michelin Primacy 245/45R18's) so I fiddled a bit ... and even tho Factory setting recommended is 33 PSI COLD I bled mine down to 31 PSI COLD and it made a remarkable difference in the ride smoothness - go figure??!!

mrich1353 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in York, PA
    Cars in my garage

Joined the G80 club today with a Patagonia Blue / Ivory Ultimate H-Drive. Coming from four BMW's in the last 10 years; most recent was 2013 335I x-drive m-sport with dynamic handling and performance power pack (I drive a lot of miles; it was time with 85K). Had three five series (2011, 2010, 2006) which are more size appropriate to the G80. Was not impressed with the new five series for the money versus G80; the 3 series model will not be updated next year (2018) and to get the BMW equipped my way, 6-8 weeks to order.

Hoosier Dave is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Indiana/Florida
    Cars in my garage

I got my G-80 on Jan. 30 2017, black with beige interior

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    OK I've GOT to make an observation here - maybe most of you guys just don't have the time to post much except the info on the G80 you just bought - outside of that I've replied to some long stories about "vibrational issues" with some cars - maybe those long posts are really just to vent and not looking for any answers?? In any event what I've observed is that there are not many actual replies to posted replies on here that attempt to give useful info.........Larry

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast