Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    geoelectric is offline Registered Member What I drive: G80 3.8 RWD Ultimate
    I live in San Jose, CA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rloyola0426 View Post
    They changed the bat signal! It used to say "Genesis" under the emblem.
    Yeah, I noticed that was a small change the press didn't call out. I'm glad they left off the word--I like it much better with the emblem only.

Did the G2's HUD boot and shut down with the Genesis emblem as well?

Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Cars in my garage

I had heard there was a new fob for the G80 and was keen to see if it proved to be an improvement on the generic and somewhat cheap-looking shiny black plastic fob that came with the 2015 / 16 sedan. It is. Screencap from a video review:

Now I have fob-envy.

Genesisimo is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I had heard there was a new fob for the G80 and was keen to see if it proved to be an improvement on the generic and somewhat cheap-looking shiny black plastic fob that came with the 2015 / 16 sedan. It is. Screencap from a video review:

Now I have fob-envy.
    Don't envy...I just rented a 2016 Kia Sportage while traveling. The remote looked just like the picture, only thicker, with the addition of a button for the "switchblade" key.

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genesisimo View Post
    Don't envy...I just rented a 2016 Kia Sportage while traveling. The remote looked just like the picture, only thicker, with the addition of a button for the "switchblade" key.
    Great - so even a Sportage has a nicer fob than my Genesis - I feel so much better now! Actually, even my wife's Honda Fit has a nicer fob. Very minor point, to be sure - but if I decide to spring for an extra fob I'll be requesting the new version.

Cars in my garage

That fob looks bigger too - would not want that.

Interesting that people being disappointed in the quality of the rear camera resolution on the touted HD screen were called whiners, but now folks lament about the quality of a key fob that typically sits in one's pocket and you never really have to interact with... Just sayin...

Cars in my garage

Well, I said this was a very minor point. Unlike the usual marchers in the Chicken Little brigade, I'm not saying "This key fob is totally lame and a laughable joke - I can't believe Hyundai thinks anyone will take them seriously as a luxury manufacturer with a fob like this! It's completely unacceptable! I'm going to sell my car!!" Just sayin'...

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Well, I said this was a very minor point. Unlike the usual marchers in the Chicken Little brigade, I'm not saying "This key fob is totally lame and a laughable joke - I can't believe Hyundai thinks anyone will take them seriously as a luxury manufacturer with a fob like this! It's completely unacceptable! I'm going to sell my car!!" Just sayin'...
    Most folks also said that the rear camera was not a big deal, but an area for improvement (esp given Hyundai touted the Hd screen) - you latched onto one extreme example and lumped everyone else who had a differing opinion to yours in the same bucket. Just pointing out the hypocrisy so you might think twice before belittling differing opinions (unlikely as you are already spitting the chicken little crap).

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post
    Most folks also said that the rear camera was not a big deal, but an area for improvement (esp given Hyundai touted the Hd screen) - you latched onto one extreme example and lumped everyone else who had a differing opinion to yours in the same bucket. Just pointing out the hypocrisy so you might think twice before belittling differing opinions (unlikely as you are already spitting the chicken little crap).
    Well this seems to be an endless tirade of yours, but as it has nothing to do with the subject matter of the thread, I will choose not to respond substantively.

mystifying mind is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 3G G80 5.0 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Wink Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Hi all, this is my first post although I have been following the forums for awhile. I purchased a G80 5.0 Ultimate on Aug 19, Caspian Black with beige interior. This is my 3rd Genesis since 2012, I drive an average of 33,000 miles a year. Only replaced my 2015 5.0 Ultimate as I could not pass up the significantly lower interest offered to me. I love the vehicle, love that the voice recognition is significantly improved, certainly wish and really dont understand why the ULTIMATE would be w/o AA, and also surprised that the ULTIMATE lost the motorized and manual sunshades while the 3.8 retains them? Not understanding Hyundai logic on why this makes sense here (has to be related to some cost cutting?). Anyway glad to be here among such an informed and wise group of owners. who have the same very specialized interest as myself.Who else would listen to our ramblings?

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Congrats on the new ride and that's a great colour combo. Any chance of some pics?

Not sure why the sunshades were deleted - doesn't make a lot of sense. The kids make use of my side sunshades all the time.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast