Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by mystifying mind View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post although I have been following the forums for awhile. I purchased a G80 5.0 Ultimate on Aug 19, Caspian Black with beige interior. This is my 3rd Genesis since 2012, I drive an average of 33,000 miles a year. Only replaced my 2015 5.0 Ultimate as I could not pass up the significantly lower interest offered to me. I love the vehicle, love that the voice recognition is significantly improved, certainly wish and really dont understand why the ULTIMATE would be w/o AA, and also surprised that the ULTIMATE lost the motorized and manual sunshades while the 3.8 retains them? Not understanding Hyundai logic on why this makes sense here (has to be related to some cost cutting?). Anyway glad to be here among such an informed and wise group of owners. who have the same very specialized interest as myself.Who else would listen to our ramblings?
    Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up and congratulations on your new Genesis G80!

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Honorsdaddy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

New owner here - just picked her up last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Honorsdaddy View Post
    New owner here - just picked her up last night.
    Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up and congratulations on your new Genesis G80! It looks fantastic!

TheStuck is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80 /Tech Package
    I live in Huntsville, AL
    Cars in my garage

Proud owner of the first G80 sold in N. Alabama.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheStuck View Post
    Proud owner of the first G80 sold in N. Alabama.
    Ten thumbs up! Congratulations!

pollarg is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Many thanks to everyone on the board - I've admittedly been a leech for the last couple months and just used the board for info in making my decision. Originally leaning towards 2016 3.8 AWD with just Signature package. Mostly for the deals available (other string for that!). But got close enough, will share lease deal numbers if interest.

Just picked up today a 2017 G80 3.8 AWD with Premium package. Sorry to all the believers, but I just don't see the value in the Ultimate for what I care about. And $49,600 was already pushing my comfort zone.

Final decision: Santiago Silver on Grey interior. I compared several, but went with this color combo for the following reasons (personal tastes):

1) I like a lighter exterior to contrast with the panoramic roof and its black trims.
    2) background- I have a 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited, White on Beige - so there is a lot of contrast there, and also probably factored into reason to move away from current colors...
    3) The white G80 seemed more Lux and the Silvers-Greys seemed more Sport, when in conjunction with the wheels that match multiple Silver to Grey aspects.
    4) I'm perhaps lazy with car washes, so the lighter colors also work well for appearance between washes. The Greys and Patagonia Blue (interesting color and might have been happy with it - check out the 4K rez YouTube 40min review on it) worry me for showing the normal dirt.
    5) The Grey interior is awesome! It became more important than my exterior. If you put the Ultimate interior options aside, a) I've never been a fan of black interiors, so biased there. b) I've always preferred the Beige interiors. But I think the beige with black dash/floor and brown wood is not the best combo. The grey is that perfect mix of Lux/Sport/Tech. The seemingly black stained wood that is subtle and refined just sits there as a feature to notice after you look at everything else, not as the prominent feature-then it impresses.

In my 80 miles driving it home and around town (yes, I made up excuses to have to drive places), I have been super impressed with so many things, I am having a difficult time listing what comes to the top. I'm sure several are aspects that many of you have been enjoying for years in the Genesis club. I think ultimately the long term happiness will end up being: smoothness of power, connection to the road (while quiet and insulated), superb tech features, and amazingly the lights/lighting I think might be next on my list.

Thanks again everyone for the input and info! Cheers, ~Greg

(my few pics are way to big, will digest options for posting them at some point)

Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Cars in my garage

^^^ Congrats and thanks for sharing your thoughts about your choices.

mluketic is offline Registered Member What I drive: G80 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Boerne, Texas
    Cars in my garage

I purchased a Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate, Empire State Gray and Ivory in Austin over the weekend. I traded my beloved 2012 R-Spec and while the '12 is awesome this G80 is much nicer in almost every way.

Prior to the R-Spec I had a 2010 Genesis 4.6 which was also nearly flawless - proof that Hyundai makes great stuff.

BobbyCT is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

I just picked up my new Genesis G80 from Danbury Genesis in Connecticut. I chose the 2017 3.8 AWD with the Ultimate package. The color choice was tough, so many great options but I went with the Patagonia Blue with Ivory seats and black matte wood trim. I love the color combination.

I had just purchased a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport from this same dealer a month ago and was so impressed with the dealership that I decided to look at the G80. The trade in they offered on my Audi Q5 and the discount offered made the decision very easy. I am the first person to have purchased a G80 from them. I am still getting adjusted to the car but loving it so far.

scotttisha is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in orlando, fl
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Solar9616 View Post
    I picked my 2017 G80 RWD Ultimate on 9/1/2016. Manhattan Brown/Beige.
    3 year lease, zero down but for 1st month payment and plates, 12K miles per year, $570/month.
    3.8?

I'm being quoted $630 a month for 5.0 for the same lease terms.
    Current:
    2013 VW Touareg, 2014 Nissan Frontier, 2009 MB GL550

Past:
    2009 Genesis 4.6 Tech
    2013 Audi Q5 3.0T APR Stage 2
    2012 Golf R APR Stage 3+
    2014 Golf TDI Stage 1

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast