Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    richzak is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80 AWD Premium & Ultimate Packages Patagonia Blue w/ Ivory Interior
    I live in Las Cruces, NM
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Hello Genesis Owners:

New to the forum and new to the brand, Genesis that is. Have owned several Hyundai motor cars in the past, all with great reliability. Purchased today a 2017 G80 with the Premuim and Ultimate packages, Patagonia Blue with Ivory interior. To be transported to my home next week.

I searched many mid-sized sedans and was not impressed. Compared the G80 to the Audi S4, BMW 340i xdrive, Cadillac ATS, Mercedes C Class and a few others. I felt the G80 with the 2 option packages was hard to beat. None of these premum brand cars compared to the new G80. I completed a ton of research, printed out dealer invoice pricing and started my quest to find a dealership that would sell me the G80 that I wanted at invoice.

Since I live in New Mexico, I contacted dealers in New Mexico and neighboring states like Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona and Colorado. Finally found a dealer in Colorado that had the exact G80 I wanted with the 2 option packages and color combination inside and out. Dealer sold the G80 at his invoice, even sending me the offical Genesis invoice for verification, and then took off an additional $1000 to end up buying a $54,040 MSRP Genesis G80 for $50,272. I am excited to receive the G80 next week, and think it will compliment by stable of cars which includes a 2015 Corvette C7, 2014 Porsche 981, 2014 Ford F150 PU and our 2017 Kia Sportage Ex. I look forward to reading the threads here from other Genesis owners in the future.

I am sure owning a Genesis G80 will be a new learning curve. Thanks for reading. Look forward to reading the forum threads.

Last edited by richzak; 12-10-2016 at 01:07 PM.

pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

2017 Genesis G80 3.8. Casablanca White with Beige. Base model except for mud flaps and window tint. There was nothing on the Premium Package I needed or wanted to justify the price. The base model is just fine. Had it two weeks and love it.
    Genesis 001.jpg
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White

GenesisAgain is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Rochester Hills, MI
    Cars in my garage

I am happy to report that I picked up my 2017 Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate on December 27. I am coming back to the Genesis vehicle as I had an excellent experience with a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. The brand and this model have come a long way, and the vehicle is just filled with a large number of the active safety features that are so important today. Looking forward to a great experience with this new model as well! I do have a few issues with the vehicle that will need to be addressed, but overall, I am pleased so far. The buying experience, on the other hand, was not aligned with what luxury car buyers will expect. This deal was done through a smaller urban dealer that just isn't ready for the customers that the Genesis brand should attract. In time, I am sure this will all be addressed!

Glad to be on board!
    GenesisAgain

2017 Genesis G80 5.0
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited
    2014 Cadillac CTS V Coupe
    2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 (sold)

Larryrdc is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80 Ultimate
    I live in Pittsburgh, Pa
    Cars in my garage

New G80 owner here (v6 santiago silver,ultimate package)..... I've had the car for about 2 weeks and been very happy with it so far. My car was a 2013 Passat TDI SEL which part of emissions buyback
    Last edited by Larryrdc; 12-31-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Larryrdc is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80 Ultimate
    I live in Pittsburgh, Pa
    Cars in my garage

New G80 owner here..."... (v6 santiago silver,ultimate package)..... I've had the car for about 2 weeks and been very happy with it so far. My previous car was a 2013 Passat TDI SEL which part of emissions buyback....that's a whole other story with a pretty good ending ;-) My first choice for my new ride was an Audi A6 but wanted to take look a G80 as well. I took a lot of time lurking here, researching and test driving both...it was a tough decision but I ended up with the G80. ( And, the smokin' deal had some influence too, lol!) I have say, I am very impressed with quality and refinement of this car for the money. Hyundai has taken a good first step with some impressive tv marketing to position Genesis among the other luxury brands, but I do agree with what others have expressed here about transitioning to a "VIP" experience at the dealer level. It is an impressive car, but to be a contender in the luxury car market it will not just "sell itself" and I'm sure that Hyundai and the most dealers know this... ( The Hundai dealer that I dealt with is trying to take step in that direction, it was a good experience.) Wishing the best of luck to the "Genesis" brand!!
    Last edited by Larryrdc; 12-31-2016 at 02:03 PM.

vergo40 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Southern CA
    Cars in my garage

Just arrived home, approx 2 hours ago, with my new G80 Premium, Santiago Silver with blk/blk interior. Pictures to follow

Dennis Larkin is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: G80 Ultimate (Canadian Version)
    Cars in my garage

I'm waiting for mine and it's killing me. Lol

I'm in Toronto Canada and they're shipping my AWD V8 Ultimate from Montreal. I was into see my dealer yesterday and because of all the holidays he really can't do anything. I'm looking at about 2 weeks. I've seen every video on YouTube about 75 times but haven't seen a Canadian review yet so I may have to do one.

Can't wait to post when I take delivery and take some photos!
    Last edited by Dennis Larkin; 12-31-2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Double post

Larry Reimer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80
    I live in Fort Lauderdale FL
    Cars in my garage

OK I've got a "Trivia Question" - on the pre-2017 Models I've noticed a slightly different Grille Design with a "greyed-out" V running down the center along the horizontal chrome bars - what year is that?

jstrickphoto is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in MN
    Cars in my garage

Just took delivery of my new 2017 G80 3.8 Ultimate New Years Eve.
    His: 2017 Caspian Black / light grey G80 3.8 Ultimate
    Previous Genesis:
    2014 Santiago Silver R-Spec
    2011 Midnight Black 4.6 Tech
    Hers: 2014 Circuit Silver Sante Fe AWD Limited w/Ultimate Package

flight13 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Valencia, CA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I just got my 2017 G80 Santiago Silver on Black 3.8 RWD base package on 12/30. I would have liked to get the Premium package for the ventilated seats and sunroof but my desire for those didn't justify the increase in price. Previous cars included the Mercedes C300 and Lexus GS. So far I'm very happy with my G80 and feel it's a great car for the money.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast