Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Owner Roll Call!

Members don't see this ad
    Welcome aboard new members and congratulations new Genesis G80 owners!!

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Larry Reimer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80
    I live in Fort Lauderdale FL
    Cars in my garage

Ok - time for some "Driving Impressions" after 2 months of ownership..........

City MPG is 18 in Normal Mode. In Sport Mode it drops to 15 MPG with same driving habit. When I shift it manually in Normal Mode MPG drops to 14. Car drives really great except that when slowing to stops under braking, I can really feel the "weight" compared to my previous two compact sedans with Manuals where I always used Downshifts to slow before braking - that's one thing I do NOT like with Autos...........

Absolutely NO issues/problems with the car - great overall Quality

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Reimer; 01-21-2017 at 12:11 PM.

NYG80 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Reimer View Post
    Ok - time for some "Driving Impressions" after 2 months of ownership..........

City MPG is 18 in Normal Mode. In Sport Mode it drops to 15 MPG with same driving habit. When I shift it manually in Normal Mode MPG drops to 14. Car drives really great except that when slowing to stops under braking, I can really feel the "weight" compared to my previous two compact sedans with Manuals where I always used Downshifts to slow before braking - that's one thing I do NOT like with Autos...........

Absolutely NO issues/problems with the car - great overall Quality

Larry
    What grade of gas you used 93 or 89 I live In ny and I'm getting 10 for city mpg and 14 mpg highway

Cars in my garage

I always use Shell V-Power Nitro+ (93 octane) - Premium
    Last edited by Larry Reimer; 01-22-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Cars in my garage

You'll note in the Genesis Specs that the 311 HP quoted for the 3.8 V6 .....is for "Regular" gas and NOT "Premium"............

Larryrdc is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80 Ultimate
    I live in Pittsburgh, Pa
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Reimer View Post
    You'll note in the Genesis Specs that the 311 HP quoted for the 3.8 V6 .....is for "Regular" gas and NOT "Premium"............
    My first tank of gas was filled with regular from the dealer, and the performance was ok and the mileage was 15mpg ...
    Switched to premium for the next tank and my mpg was 16 mpg ( using "sport mode" exclusively) and the car felt more responsive....
    My third tankful yielded 17 mpg (using "normal mode")

As a personal choice I will stick with premium gas...... If you check out the piston compression specs for the Genesis 3.8 v6 they are 11.5, which would be considered high compression pistons ....(.low compression Pistons do not benefit from premium gas...)

IMHO, from what I have read, with high comp pistons , you will get slightly better performance and mpg's in the long run. You CAN use regular with out harm to the engine....as modern engines are equipped with "knock sensors" that will instruct the ECU to retard the timing advance to stop harmful detonation. This could result in a slight decrease in performance and mpg's. So for me personally, I would rather use premium to get the full potential from 11.5 comp pistons. Your mileage may vary ;-)

pmcjr is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by richzak View Post
    Hello Genesis Owners:

New to the forum and new to the brand, Genesis that is. Have owned several Hyundai motor cars in the past, all with great reliability. Purchased today a 2017 G80 with the Premuim and Ultimate packages, Patagonia Blue with Ivory interior. To be transported to my home next week.

I searched many mid-sized sedans and was not impressed. Compared the G80 to the Audi S4, BMW 340i xdrive, Cadillac ATS, Mercedes C Class and a few others. I felt the G80 with the 2 option packages was hard to beat. None of these premum brand cars compared to the new G80. I completed a ton of research, printed out dealer invoice pricing and started my quest to find a dealership that would sell me the G80 that I wanted at invoice.

Since I live in New Mexico, I contacted dealers in New Mexico and neighboring states like Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona and Colorado. Finally found a dealer in Colorado that had the exact G80 I wanted with the 2 option packages and color combination inside and out. Dealer sold the G80 at his invoice, even sending me the offical Genesis invoice for verification, and then took off an additional $1000 to end up buying a $54,040 MSRP Genesis G80 for $50,272. I am excited to receive the G80 next week, and think it will compliment by stable of cars which includes a 2015 Corvette C7, 2014 Porsche 981, 2014 Ford F150 PU and our 2017 Kia Sportage Ex. I look forward to reading the threads here from other Genesis owners in the future.

I am sure owning a Genesis G80 will be a new learning curve. Thanks for reading. Look forward to reading the forum threads.

Congrats on the car. I got my G80 last month and everyday I learn something about it I didn't know.. There is a learning curve particularly if you haven't had such an advanced car before...like me. If your car is being delivered, will someone set up the Settings for you? There is a lot to know about how different features and settings work. My dealer was a big help, but I also read the manuals from cover to cover while sitting in the car so I could see for myself how to do certain things. Even though you didn't buy locally, I'm sure the local dealer where you will get service can help you if needed. Good luck. It's a great car.
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White

leggy is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Quick question. Does the base/standard trim G80 comes with backup camera and non panoramic sunroof or no sunroof at all?

flight13 is online now Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Valencia, CA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Quick question. Does the base/standard trim G80 comes with backup camera and non panoramic sunroof or no sunroof at all?
    Comes with backup camera, no sunroof at all.

leggy is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Thank you so much.

The parking sensors come with premium and higher correct?

How widely spread the panoramic sunroof wind noise issue, paint peeling at the metal joints of the sunroof?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast