Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: We Brought the Korean version of Full LED HID lights
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: We Brought the Korean version of Full LED HID lights

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post
    So, what you are really saying is that the DRL's don't work properly at all as they only come on in Auto Mode. The other switch positions are headlights on (no DRL), parking lights (dim DRL and tail lights), and DRL Off (no DRL).
    I'll retest everything tomorrow. I installed them yesterday night and Auto turned on headlights right away. I noticed that DRLs were flashing amber today but i was running late for the event.

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

srobak is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Chicagoland
    Cars in my garage

That "problem" was known about in the other LED headlight thread that was running a while back, too. Simple fix - put on the parking lights. Done.

I live in Chicagoland
    Cars in my garage

If true, shows Hyundai are incompetent marketers/product planners! Nice way to build a new brand and alienate new G80 buyers by refreshing after 1st year.
    This is the 3rd year of this design, which is common for mid-cycle refresh. Chances are it will be minor body panel changes. Nothing to worry about. 95% the same car.

I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

If true, shows Hyundai are incompetent marketers/product planners! Nice way to build a new brand and alienate new G80 buyers by refreshing after 1st year.
    Yeah, kinda 2017 G80 isn't worth buying at all. They were focused on G90 and New York concept today. Promised to expect next models to look like it...

I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by srobak View Post
    That "problem" was known about in the other LED headlight thread that was running a while back, too. Simple fix - put on the parking lights. Done.
    I agree. I was looking for a more modern look and performance/quality of the headlights. Was actually surprised how bad OEM HIDs are on the genesis compared to our old 2015 Sonata and my 2016 c450. Personally I have no problems leaving low beams always ON. So far I'm very satisfied with LED headlights. This is how the car should come fro, the factory

Cars in my garage

Simple only if you like really dim DRL's - though there is a thread about a wiring swap that makes the parking lights brighter as well...

Cars in my garage

This is the 3rd year of this design, which is common for mid-cycle refresh. Chances are it will be minor body panel changes. Nothing to worry about. 95% the same car.
    But it's the FIRST year of the Genesis Motors G80. As I've said before, just rebadging the 2016 Hyundai Genesis as the G80 was a really poor decision. They should have at least gone with the new KDM G80 front end and rear diffuser updates that they will now likely roll out for 2018. Extremely poor planning!

https://www.genesis.com/kr/en/luxury...nesis-g80.html

I live in Chicagoland
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    I agree. I was looking for a more modern look and performance/quality of the headlights. Was actually surprised how bad OEM HIDs are on the genesis compared to our old 2015 Sonata and my 2016 c450. Personally I have no problems leaving low beams always ON. So far I'm very satisfied with LED headlights. This is how the car should come fro, the factory
    It did.... in Korea lol. When you can post some pix - especially comparison pix if you have another G2/80 nearby, etc... I'd love to see. Thanks in advance.

Having done the headlight removal to do the brightness increase I know the swap would be pretty easy. Question is if I want to part with the kinda dough or not. Will have to be very worthwhile for me to do so.

Simple only if you like really dim DRL's - though there is a thread about a wiring swap that makes the parking lights brighter as well...
    They are not that dim. As I said a while ago - they can be seen easily a mile away. That being said - I did do the wire swap and posted as much in the thread. Big brightness increase... almost too much at night, to be honest. But I do like it. Easy to do.

[...] was a really poor decision. [...] Extremely poor planning!
    Yeah, it's no secret the coming out of the Genesis thing as a whole was not really planned well. But - I have the feeling they didn't expect the G2 to catch on as much as it did. Their little redesign from the G1 quickly became a genuine lux market test program... and then the decision came to spin off the brand. While it is the slow, painful way to try to do this - I can understand why they did, vs chucking all their eggs in the basket like Toyota did with Lex. It will consequently have some growing pains... but in time it will work out. I am confident.

I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Here's a link

Uchiha madara is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    guys as I said its plug and play with 2016 models US and Saudi Arabia version

but side lighting when turn still didnt work with me

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast