Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Locking issue
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locking issue

Valo_Soul is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Locking issue

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
    This is a setting in the settings you get between the gauges. You can also push the button a second time to unlock the rest of the doors (I think, I don't use this mode).
    Yes, at least on the Gen1, you can press the drivers side button twice, and it will unlock all doors. Also worth noting that it will unlock all doors if you happen to press the passenger side door button (only one press needed). It sounds kind of pointless, but I often press the passenger side button if I'm approaching my car with someone, from that side of the car, as to let them in first.

Ragnar is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Also pressing twice on the fob will unlock all doors.

Valo_Soul is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the drivers side door button on my '09 seems to have completely given out. It feels physically damaged somehow. There's no physical "click" anymore when pressed, and it fails to lock/unlock the door. The passenger side button works just fine.

Has anyone had theirs repaired/replaced? Do you have to replace the entire handle? I was quoted nearly $500 CAD to replace the handle (parts + having it painted black to match the car + labor). Aye carumba. Way too much.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valo_Soul View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the drivers side door button on my '09 seems to have completely given out. It feels physically damaged somehow. There's no physical "click" anymore when pressed, and it fails to lock/unlock the door. The passenger side button works just fine.

Has anyone had theirs repaired/replaced? Do you have to replace the entire handle? I was quoted nearly $500 CAD to replace the handle (parts + having it painted black to match the car + labor). Aye carumba. Way too much.
    Yes, several people have reported that problem on this forum. If you do get it fixed, then press the button gently from now on, or use your keyfob (and don't press that too hard either).

MikeyTG is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80 V6
    I live in Joisey
    Cars in my garage

Now that you mention it I almost never use the interior lock button. I have mine set to lock/unlock automatically with the car's motion, the only button I use is the exterior one. I'll have to give it a try!

pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by silberma View Post
    Several times I experienced inability to lock the car by pressing the button on the door handle. However, the doors would lock when I pressed the remote. Anyone figure out why?
    On page 3-5 of the manual it tells how to set the door locking for all doors at the same time by only pressing the door handle button once. Works this way to unlock as well. If I remember, you stand next to the door and hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the remote at the same time until you get a beep...but check page 3-5 on the '17 G80 manual. If yours isn't set this way maybe setting it will magically make yours work. Please report back on what happens. Otherwise, you may need to have it repaired.
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White

Ragnar is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Keep in mind the double click to unlock all doors is a safety feature.
    Keeps the bad guys from jumping into the passenger side or back seat when your entering your car alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12