Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Enhancing Chassis Stiffness
    Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR
    Cars in my garage

Default Enhancing Chassis Stiffness

Members don't see this ad
    Chassis stiffness is a huge factor in not only handling, but also in driver comfort.
    All chassis move and flex over road irregularities. All manufacturers continuously work to engineer/improve chassis stiffness. Mercedes and BMW have made great improvements over the years, which have been noted in magazine road tests. A stiff chassis gives the driver the feeling that the car is carved from a solid block of steel.

Hyundai too has developed chassis stiffness. One of the improvements to the 2015 Genesis is chassis stiffness. Now you can see under hood braces on the 2015+ Genesis. Our Equus shares the older Genesis chassis design.

You can add "rigid collars" (mentioned in earlier posts). They help.

Another source is from Korea. It is www.buyultraracing.com. Ultra Racing has some specific applications for our Equus. I have mounted their underhood brace, and it makes a material difference. I have ordered the rest of their chassis braces and will report installation progress. A few comments: Ultra Racing does not know how to spell "Equus". They spell it "Equss". Ultra Racing does not provide installation instructions: you must use common sense and Ultra Racing's product photos. All Ultra Racing's products are pained white, which I have repainted satin black.

StarTrekGenesis is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: California
    I live in California
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Enhancing Chassis Stiffness

Good question!

JarkMackson is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Equus Signature
    Cars in my garage

Would these fit a 2011 Equus?

Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR
    Cars in my garage

The First Genesis sedan shares the same basic chassis and drive train with the First (only) Generation Equus. The Equus has a longer wheelbase, hence more rear seat room. My 2014 has air suspension. whereas the Genesis suspension is "conventional" in comparison. So, Ultimate suspension components will fit any Equus.

kingsly is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Equus Signature
    Cars in my garage

Great information ,I would like to try the under hood brace on 2011 signature as well thankyou

Beau2424 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Equus Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    The First Genesis sedan shares the same basic chassis and drive train with the First (only) Generation Equus. The Equus has a longer wheelbase, hence more rear seat room. My 2014 has air suspension. whereas the Genesis suspension is "conventional" in comparison. So, Ultimate suspension components will fit any Equus.
    HEY, i have a 2012 ultimate equus.. have you installed all of these rigid collars? what exactly did you notice differently? cost? where can i take to get installed? basically i am wondering if its cost effective and if it really does help and is noticeble to your everyday driver. i drive about 125miles+ daily on highway..

thanks for the info in advance bud
    "HE WHO ANGERS YOU, CONTROLS YOU!"

ancdmd is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2014 Equus Ultimate
    I live in McAllen, TX
    Cars in my garage

I bought the Uniq rigid collars for my Equus and attempted to have them installed a couple months ago. I had just purchased the vehicle so I didn't have a chance to get accustomed to the feel of a non-collared car first. The kit was for the Genesis sedan, as an Equus-specific kit was not available. Half of the collars fit the rear of the Equus but the front ones in the kit did not fit, so Uniq sent me the correct collars that I needed. The car is in the shop today getting the front collars installed and re-aligned. I doubt I will "feel" a noticeable difference since the car is still so new to me, but it gives me a small piece of mind knowing the chassis is a bit more rigid and less likely to become misaligned.

Beau2424 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Equus Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I appreciate the info..i just feel that there is room for improvement when it comes to the tightness when taki g corners going 65mph+.. just kind of bouncy/boat feel.. how much, if you don't mind me asking, for the kit and installation? And what kind of shop dis you take it to get installed?