Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: How much early adopter risk?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jemanner is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Rexburg, ID
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: How much early adopter risk?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    By all accounts the new Lacrosse is good (esp. the higher end version w/ the upgraded suspension).
    Just stopped by the dealer (Why did I have to get a high-pressure know-it-all-salesman?) and kicked the tires on a high-end Lacrosse AWD. Not a bad vehicle, but a Genesis it is not. Sadly, the upgraded front suspension is not available on the AWD. Strut, not the excellent Genesis 5-Link. Then add in this is the first year of a major redesign. Admittedly, I'm an old guy, but still don't know if I'm ready to accept a Buick with the side "ports", even at 75. LOL! Finally, not yet convinced Variable Cylinder Management is a good thing.

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jemanner View Post
    Just stopped by the dealer (Why did I have to get a high-pressure know-it-all-salesman?) and kicked the tires on a high-end Lacrosse AWD. Not a bad vehicle, but a Genesis it is not. Sadly, the upgraded front suspension is not available on the AWD. Strut, not the excellent Genesis 5-Link. Then add in this is the first year of a major redesign. Admittedly, I'm an old guy, but still don't know if I'm ready to accept a Buick with the side "ports", even at 75. LOL! Finally, not yet convinced Variable Cylinder Management is a good thing.
    You MAY not like the start/stop technology that you can't turn off either. Here's an interesting article to read with some information on the new Buick LaCrosse:
    http://buickforums.com/buick-magazin...ury-sedan-50k/

You're right, though... The LaCrosse is no Genesis...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

jemanner is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Rexburg, ID
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Motors View Post
    You MAY not like the start/stop technology that you can't turn off either. Here's an interesting article to read with some information on the new Buick LaCrosse:
    http://buickforums.com/buick-magazin...ury-sedan-50k/
    Great article. Thanks! I wonder if the start/stop cannot be turned off, period, or reinstates itself at every new trip? I have found this to be the case on several vehicles. And of course the manufacturers are installing heavier-duty starters for this new feature? Right!

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by jemanner View Post
    Great article. Thanks! I wonder if the start/stop cannot be turned off, period, or reinstates itself at every new trip? I have found this to be the case on several vehicles. And of course the manufacturers are installing heavier-duty starters for this new feature? Right!
    I haven't heard any issues about starters so I imagine they've done something to beef them up - but I'm not sure what they've done. And unfortunately - you cannot turn off the feature in the LaCrosse. I don't feel it should be a deal breaker unless you've driven in a car that's had it and didn't like it...
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12