Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Joey is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Forida
    Cars in my garage

Default 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

Members don't see this ad
    I'm in the market for a new car and wanted the most comfortable and quiet ride out there. I test drove the Buick and plan to test drive the G80 as well. Has anyone compared these two cars? How comfortable and quiet is the G80? Thanks.

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Hi Joey. Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. You might get some information at the Buick forum as well - as I'm sure Buick owners are also cross-shopping the G80. They're both fantastic cars. I wish I could chime in but I haven't driven in a new Buick LaCrosse. I wonder if anyone here has yet - being such a new car. I really do like both cars - but I have a 2015 Genesis Sedan (same car as the 2017 Genesis G80) and I can't imagine the Buick being any quieter. However, with all the "quiet tuning" they do - perhaps they've focused harder on that aspect of the luxury experience. In regards to comfort - again - I haven't driven in the new LaCrosse - but I HAVE sat in it at the Miami Auto Show. It's a hard call on which one is more comfortable - but I feel like I'm in the higher quality car, more luxurious car in the Genesis...

Here's a thread that discusses Buick LaCrosse test drives:
    http://buickforums.com/forums/thread...test-driven-it

That might be a helpful discussion to read through. But I think it would be a great idea for you to post the same question there...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

MrG_NY is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Lower Hudson Valley
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

I test drove the new Lacrosse and it was nice, made the short list. Last weekend I drove the G80 and fell in love with it. To me the G80 is quieter and a much smoother ride. It is more polished. You may find the Buick more appealing. I did like the interior and that console the way it blends into the dash. The G80 to me seemed a bit more refined.

After all this I am scheduled to pick up a G80 on Black Friday.

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

I don't see a button to turn off the Start/Stop feature. Immediate decision!! I absolutely hate this feature. If I wanted my car to drive like a golf cart, I would buy a golf cart! Thank God Hyundai left this awful feature out.

Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Cars in my garage

If all I wanted was quiet and comfortable I'd get an Avalon.

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    If all I wanted was quiet and comfortable I'd get an Avalon.
    Not a bad choice, really...
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

I live in Forida
    Cars in my garage

I sat in the Avalon. Didn't like the feel of it. Felt cheaper than the Buick. And the Buick didn't feel that expensive to begin with, definitely under the G80. I sat in the G90 in the showroom. Wow. Even though I wasn't looking to get a barge, I think I'll take one for a test drive. The interior is outstanding, the seats very comfortable and it has real good reviews. I see G80s all over the place down here!

Aquineas is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

You should also consider looking into the Hyundai Azera (if you can find any left) and the Kia Cadenza. I bet you'll fall in love with the Kia Cadenza. I own a Genesis but when I see the (very rare) Cadenza I always notice how good-looking a car it is. I think I've seen two on the road.
    Austin Genesis Meetup!! Feb 26th at 11:00am in the Carrabbas parking lot next to Rudy's on 183

Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

If you want a quite comfortable ride and don't care about sporty handling and safety features and crash protection I recoomend that you get a Lexus ES 350 or an Avalon.
    The G80 is one of a few cars that made this years list of the govrenment of the safest cars and has the best warranty in the business

I live in Forida
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Cadenza looks sharp. The inside is pretty nice, not at G80 levels, but nice. A friend of mine has one and really likes it. I took one for a test drive. It was just ok, maybe a little shaky. I thought the Buick was better, not necessarily more luxurious or better looking exterior, but more modern inside and generally cleaner - also the drive is better in the Buick. I also test drove a '15 K900. Not that great. Below the '17 G80 in my opinion. K900 has a lot of luxurious things, but they didn't "pull it together". Ride feels cheaper than G80. I would say Kia is generally below Hyundai / Genesis, even though I read (but did not test) that the Kia Sorento is a really good SUV, one of the best in its class.

- - - Updated - - -

I like G80 over ES300. Don't like the new style from Lexus - actually, really dislike it. It's very aggressive for a brand that is associated with serenity and luxury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast