Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

Members don't see this ad
    Joey, good that you have already checked it out. It's good to be thorough!
    Austin Genesis Meetup!! Feb 26th at 11:00am in the Carrabbas parking lot next to Rudy's on 183

Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

Joey is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Forida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

The Buick start/stop is actually one of the best in the industry. I've driven many cars in Europe where this is more common, and they are all inferior. The Buick engine was designed keeping this feature in mind. It works very well in the Buick (I'm basing this on three test drives). You're right, though, you can't turn it off.

But what I really like is the G80 auto/stop or whatever that feature is called when you stop at a stoplight and push the button and take your foot off the brakes. That should be standard in every luxury car!

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

My BMW has the auto/stop and I hate it and turned it off. This is the auto makers way to increase the mpg for city driving by a few tenths of a mile. In my opinion not worth it because of the drain on the battery and severe duty on the starting system

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

I test drove a Caddy CTS-4 2.0T. It was a decent test drive, and I came to a stop light. The salesman was talking to me, and as I pressed the gas to go BAM! I felt like I had been rear ended! There was nothing in the rear view mirror. I asked him "WTH was that?
    "Oh, that's just the auto stop system" he said.

Test drive over!
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
    I test drove a Caddy CTS-4 2.0T. It was a decent test drive, and I came to a stop light. The salesman was talking to me, and as I pressed the gas to go BAM! I felt like I had been rear ended! There was nothing in the rear view mirror. I asked him "WTH was that?
    "Oh, that's just the auto stop system" he said.

Test drive over!
    Cadillac in big trouble - haven't seen a new one on the streets in No Va in years.

Used to be Cadillac was like Buick == always a reliable choice if you didn't really want to buy something from Germany or Korea
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

who66 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Houston, Texas
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    If all I wanted was quiet and comfortable I'd get an Avalon.
    Hello,

I have driven both, and I used to have an Avalon Limited (2013). All three are nice but the G80 was the one I chose. The Buick just didn't drive as well. Can't explain it, but it felt sort of like a boat drifting along. My Avalon was a good driving car, but the ride on the Limited was harsh...way too harsh. From what I can tell, there was a design issue with the Limited version and the 18 inch wheels which led it to have a jarring ride over bumpy surfaces. Other than that I like the Avalon, and I do think they addressed the ride issue with the '16 model. Also, a close competitor was the Lincoln MKZ. I just got a better deal on the G80. Hope this helps!

BJCaspianBlack is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Eastern Washington State
    Cars in my garage

Several reviews indicate that the Genesis & G80 are at 79 db for cabin noise. My 2016 ultimate is the quietest car I have ever owned. A quiet cabin is a must for me. I have yet to hear of a car less than 78 db. I am sure they are out there, just not sure who they are? I wish CR would give a cabin db rating. They always seem subjective?

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

I could never bring myself to buy another product from GM. Never. No car manufacturer is as cynical and cavalier about the consumer. For them, it's always been about profit. For example, you get this for interior fit and finish:
    2017-Chevrolet-Cruze-Hatchback-LT-13-of-15-610x407.jpg

AustinTX is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seejay View Post
    I could never bring myself to buy another product from GM. Never. No car manufacturer is as cynical and cavalier about the consumer. For them, it's always been about profit. ...
    My experience with Hyundai/Genesis has been dismal. Reproducible problems (extensive vibration from the Michelin's while driving, extensive vibrations at idle - unrelated issues) have been acknowledged by Hyundai (not dealership, but actual Hyundai employees) and described as "normal" since they are exhibited on other Genesis cars as well. My Genesis has been the worst car I have owned in the past 30 years. And the experience with Hyundai (America's Best Warranty. as advertised by Hyundai) has been unsatisfactory. My $16,000 rental car Chevy Cruze base model drove better (i.e. no vibration while driving or at idle) than my $50,000 Genesis Ultimate. My car was in the service department for almost 4 weeks, and still exhibits the same issues.

Apparently, for Hyundai/Genesis it is normal that luxury cars vibrate like a Magic Wand ...
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.6 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
    My experience with Hyundai/Genesis has been dismal. Reproducible problems (extensive vibration from the Michelin's while driving, extensive vibrations at idle - unrelated issues) have been acknowledged by Hyundai (not dealership, but actual Hyundai employees) and described as "normal" since they are exhibited on other Genesis cars as well. My Genesis has been the worst car I have owned in the past 30 years. And the experience with Hyundai (America's Best Warranty. as advertised by Hyundai) has been unsatisfactory. My $16,000 rental car Chevy Cruze base model drove better (i.e. no vibration while driving or at idle) than my $50,000 Genesis Ultimate. My car was in the service department for almost 4 weeks, and still exhibits the same issues.

Apparently, for Hyundai/Genesis it is normal that luxury cars vibrate like a Magic Wand ...
    I've mentioned elsewhere that I won't buy another one until the vibration issue at low engine speeds with heavy AC load has been eliminated. One contributor said he did not find vibration in the steering wheel objectionable. I find it highly objectionable since it masks information I should be getting from the running gear and the road. I've had no issues with the running gear, but that seems to be good luck. So many people on this forum have had vibration problems with the tires and wheels, particularly AWD. Has anybody experiencing vibration issues had a tire shop check the runout on the wheels?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast