Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aquineas is offline Supporting Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Lake Conroe, TX
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

Members don't see this ad
    Joey, good that you have already checked it out. It's good to be thorough!
    Current Ride(s):
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Ultimate, Casablanca White + Beige Interior born 11/11/2014
    2014 GMC Acadia

Austin Genesis Meet 4-14-2016 12:30 Rudy's 183

Joey is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Forida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2017 G80 or 2017 Buick Lacrosse for the quietest and most comfortable ride?

The Buick start/stop is actually one of the best in the industry. I've driven many cars in Europe where this is more common, and they are all inferior. The Buick engine was designed keeping this feature in mind. It works very well in the Buick (I'm basing this on three test drives). You're right, though, you can't turn it off.

But what I really like is the G80 auto/stop or whatever that feature is called when you stop at a stoplight and push the button and take your foot off the brakes. That should be standard in every luxury car!

silberma is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

My BMW has the auto/stop and I hate it and turned it off. This is the auto makers way to increase the mpg for city driving by a few tenths of a mile. In my opinion not worth it because of the drain on the battery and severe duty on the starting system

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

I test drove a Caddy CTS-4 2.0T. It was a decent test drive, and I came to a stop light. The salesman was talking to me, and as I pressed the gas to go BAM! I felt like I had been rear ended! There was nothing in the rear view mirror. I asked him "WTH was that?
    "Oh, that's just the auto stop system" he said.

Test drive over!
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
    I test drove a Caddy CTS-4 2.0T. It was a decent test drive, and I came to a stop light. The salesman was talking to me, and as I pressed the gas to go BAM! I felt like I had been rear ended! There was nothing in the rear view mirror. I asked him "WTH was that?
    "Oh, that's just the auto stop system" he said.

Test drive over!
    Cadillac in big trouble - haven't seen a new one on the streets in No Va in years.

Used to be Cadillac was like Buick == always a reliable choice if you didn't really want to buy something from Germany or Korea
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12