Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Has Anyone Done Anything Interesting with Their G90?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Riley2323 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

Default Has Anyone Done Anything Interesting with Their G90?

Members don't see this ad
    Has anyone done anything interesting to their G90 to date. I am thinking along the lines of the interior, such as getting the car to connect to a hotspot or any sort of life hacks that make it easier for navigation or traveling.

I installed an Amazon Echo in the wireless charger cubby as I mentioned in other posts. It works pretty well when the music is loud. If you don't have a signal it can get tedious pretty quickly, but I should think it should work really well in metroplexes. I don't use my work phone so I just leave it in the car as the hotspot...at least until someone complains about tethering or data costs.

Getting addresses into the vehicle seems a bit tedious...anybody discover how to import the address book? Sounds simple enough but have yet been able to accomplish this task.

leggy is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Has Anyone Done Anything Interesting with Their G90?

Thinking to apply Modesta coating to the exterior and wheels through authorized Modesta installer and water repellent to the glass and for the interior apply water and dirt repellent to the carpet. Not sure if I want to apply leather conditioner.

Anyone else applied paint sealant or glass coating yet?

Riley2323 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

Nothing for me yet. Am noticing swirls already from the car washing.

leggy is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Do you take it to 100% hand wash or automatic?

I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

Touchless and of course the non-touchless. Probably should just stick with touchless, but I know they really don't work that well.

Not all car washes are created equal that's for sure.

Black doesn't help with the swirls either.

I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Am still shopping around for ceramic coating. The detailer who gave me best price for exterior doesn't look like he got something good enough for interior's plastic parts. Even his exterior glass coating wasn't so promising. He offered me leather coating which I said no and water repellent carpet coating. Looking for someone with better dust and dirt coating for the interior.

I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Ceramic coating the car today and should pick it up in few hours
    Last edited by leggy; 03-18-2017 at 04:03 PM.

mtmtmt is online now Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: G90, Ultimate 5.0, Casablanca White
    I live in Northeast PA
    Cars in my garage

Tell us more about the ceramic coating you put on. Is this a single layer application or multi-layers? What did it cost? Is there a warranty on it?

I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

I went with Modesta BC-08 for the body, Modesta BC-06 for the wheels, gtech for the entire exterior glass and water repellent coat for the carpet.
    Total cost was around $1,200 with 3 years warranty for the Modesta and 30,000 miles for the gtech.
    Took about 8 hours to be professionally installed at Adonis Details in Carlsbad, San Diego, who did a great job in preparing the car and applying the coat.
    The paint feel is very slick and smooth. I waterless washed the car today, after a week of applying it, and there was minimal dirt which very easily removed. The car is so shiny and requires minimal efforts to get the dirt off the exterior, being body or wheels.
    The solution I used for waterless washing is Carpro ECH2O diluted 1:8 with super smooth and thick micro fiber towels. The same solution when diluted 1:15-1:20 could be used as exterior detailer.
    I spent less than an hour cleaning the body, glass exterior and interior, interiors wipe down, and door jumps. I could have finished faster but I wanted it to give as much as time to get best shine.
    If someone likes to keep the car clean most of the time and don't mind cleaning it himself at home then the coating is very useful specially how easily the dirts could come off with least amount of rubbing.

I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Apparently Genesis is thinking of doing something interesting.....the 2 tone concept!

The only way this works is for athletes and team fanatics....a Yankees blue and white car, or Antonio Brown's Rolls come to mind.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/genesis...-two-tone-g90/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast