Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Commuting in Stop and Go Traffic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DubbuD is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Commuting in Stop and Go Traffic

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Motors View Post
    I almost want to put a sticker or license plate frame on my car that says something like, "It wasn't me! It was the car...".
    Hahahaha, That would be excellent!
    2015 Genesis 3.8 H-Trac AWD
    Tech Package
    Parisian Grey

Billfz1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2323 View Post
    I have yet to confirm that the brake lights actually come on with Smart CC. Waiting for my memory to kick in and coincide with night time so I can see the reflection on the road. I just assume they do! If not one would definitely need the it's the car sticker.
    Riley, Something I learned on the forum about my 2013. When you have the adaptive cruise control on, there is a little video car in the center display. The 1,2 or 3 blocks are shown in front of it. It is programmed so the little video cars brake lights come on if the cars brake lights come on! Cracked me up to see it. It does match reality. Haven't driven a '15 in cruise yet so I don't know if they use the same icons, but I would expect that they would.
    Bill
    Bill
    2013 Red w/black 5.0 R Spec. Yes I got one!

DubbuD is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Billfz1 View Post
    Riley, Something I learned on the forum about my 2013. When you have the adaptive cruise control on, there is a little video car in the center display. The 1,2 or 3 blocks are shown in front of it. It is programmed so the little video cars brake lights come on if the cars brake lights come on! Cracked me up to see it. It does match reality. Haven't driven a '15 in cruise yet so I don't know if they use the same icons, but I would expect that they would.
    Bill
    I gotta look for that now, hahaha.

Riley2323 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

I checked yesterday and could not see tail lights on the icon turning red. There are definitely tail lights on the icon though, but no perceptible color change to me.

Billfz1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I checked yesterday and could not see tail lights on the icon turning red. There are definitely tail lights on the icon though, but no perceptible color change to me.
    Riley,
    Did you let the car brake for itself? Or press the brake pedal. The little car pictured only shows brake lights in my car when the car is doing it itself. If you hit the brakes yourself it disconnects the system (obviously) and doesn't show the brake lights. Silly little thing anyway. Not quite a perversion of technology. That would be the toilet paper rolls that play music!
    Bill

homeofstone is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA
    Cars in my garage

Today was my first commute. Got on 684 at 8ish am which can be an accordion nightmare on any given day. Set the smart cruise control at 80 MPH and the distance between cars at only one notch and it was heaven. Didn't hit the break once to and from work for 30 plus miles each way. Came to a complete stop several times and the car handled beautifully. Had to mess with the virtual notches between cars a few times until I got comfortable. Went with the aggressive 1 notch after my confidence was assuaged by the performance of the braking. Works on the off ramps too. Wasn't sure if it would disengage at certain MpH as the lane assist does. My greatest fear is that I will read about a trick or spot to put a finger to prevent the steering wheel from not sensing my hands. I would be afraid that I would take advantage of it. Also sort of concerned about the bad habits this technology can create and nurture.
    I agree, my wife and I have used the smart cruise everyday since the purchase in Sept. of 2010.
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

1xbuck is offline Hasn't posted much yet... I live in Carmel, IN
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I live in Indiana where a common sense law was passed about a year and a half ago. It is now a law that you must pull over to the right lane in order to not impede faster traffic in the left lane. Unfortunately, law enforcement officers have not been enforcing it in order to educate drivers. I did notice a state high patrol pull over a "grandma" who was be damned if she was going to exceed 60 mph in 70 mph zone. The officer was behind me and about 3 other cars when he took to the right lane to pass us to cut in ahead of me and directly behind grandma. He pulled her over and I can only hope that pulled her over for disregarding the new law. After about 5 minutes of refusing to pull over even when there was an opening was frustrating. The fact that officer was behind us made people even more skittish about passing her on the right when there was an opening. I hope every state passes a similar law at the very least with a flash of the high beams signalling your approach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12