Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Did the badge idea bite Hyundai in the you know what?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    volnedan is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Did the badge idea bite Hyundai in the you know what?

Members don't see this ad
    I still cringe when I see a 2015/16 model year Genesis with the 'H' trunk badge. I swapped mine out the day I brought it home. It's not a knock against Hyundai, just doesn't do the car justice. People are surprised every time I tell them my car is made by Hyundai. They don't really mention the lack of badges.
    2016 Genesis AWD

chris41 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

My friends thought I have a Chrysler. So I purchased a G1 hood wings because they look more "V" rather than "---". I know the hood wing might not fit well, but even my G2 trunk wing has a small gap too. It's cheap enough to take a chance, so I'll know better when it arrives. The G1 trunk wings look similar to the G2 but smaller. I like the G1 hood wings the best!

jstkrsn is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Ellenton, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Was at the mall today, and saw a 2017 Genesis G80 there. and the small piece of chrome at the bottom of the front fender had the Hyundai "H" with HYUNDAI after it. Why would Hyundai do a stupid thing like that and put that on a Genesis. This is definitely not separating it from the cheaper (sorry more inexpensive) models it sells. You never see a Lexus that says Toyota on it.20170415_144811.jpg
    2016 Genesis 3.8 Ibiza Blue/Ivory Ultimate RWD

Former:
    2012 Genesis 3.8 Cabernet Red Pearl/Cashmere, Tech, Premium
    2005 MB CL55AMG White/Black

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jstkrsn View Post
    Was at the mall today, and saw a 2017 Genesis G80 there. and the small piece of chrome at the bottom of the front fender had the Hyundai "H" with HYUNDAI after it. Why would Hyundai do a stupid thing like that and put that on a Genesis. This is definitely not separating it from the cheaper (sorry more inexpensive) models it sells. You never see a Lexus that says Toyota on it.20170415_144811.jpg
    Don't believe everything you see. I don't know what the exact explanation is in this case, but some people with a 2015 or 2016 Hyundai Genesis have put G80 badges on their cars. Was that inside the mall, or in a parking lot?

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Don't believe everything you see. I don't know what the exact explanation is in this case, but some people with a 2015 or 2016 Hyundai Genesis have put G80 badges on their cars. Was that inside the mall, or in a parking lot?
    It was a Dealers car inside the mall! Gettel Hyundai of Bradenton, FL

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jstkrsn View Post
    It was a Dealers car inside the mall! Gettel Hyundai of Bradenton, FL
    I don't think it comes from the factory that way. May be a G80 with a dealer applied decal, or maybe the dealer put a G80 badge on a Hyundai Genesis. I could be wrong, since I don't own a G80 to look at.

Cars in my garage

The Factory Window Sticker was on the window. It was a 2017 Genesis G80. Base model.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Pretend you are a Hyundai dealer who is also selling Genesis vehicles. Outside you have NO SIGNAGE advertising the Genesis. That's the way it is at my dealer and, likely, most dealers. This dealer is likely in the same boat. So, he puts a G80 in a shopping mall to attract buyers. However, when some folks look at the Genesis the brand doesn't ring a bell. After all, there are no Genesis dealers in town. Obviously, it's the dealer's attempt to marry the names so potential buyers can make a connection and find his store.

Is it smart on the part of Hyundai and Genesis? Probably not. They are caught in a dilemma. They want Genesis to escape the Hyundai lineup, but they also need buyers to find the Genesis store. A smart dealer would put up a sign on the car in the mall saying "Gettel Hyundai also sells the new luxury Genesis Motors vehicles." Duh!
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

aircanuck is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Niagara, Ontario
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Hyundai should offer '15 & '16 owners an upgrade "legitimacy kit" and roll them into the new fold. For about $2,000, you could buy a Genesis Motors "adoption" document, the latest wings would be installed at a dealership and you would be eligible for free car pick-up for service. Throw in two coffee mugs with Genesis logos, of course, as well as 5 ballpoint pens and an umbrella with the G logo.
    I'd be all over this in a heartbeat!

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Yes, aircanuck, I still think something like what I described above is feasible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast