Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jbas is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Thumbs down Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information

Members don't see this ad
    I just made my second attempt at valet service (the first was a fail, discussed a few months ago on this forum) with Alexandria Genesis.

Fail #1: Made an appointment via the iPhone app. The appointed time came and went, so I called the dealership. According to the dealership, they ask for people to call in to make appointments. So.... why the app?

Fail #2: I was attempting the 3750 mi service based on "factory severe conditions", which apply to my driving habits. According to the dealership, only the 7500 mi interval services are covered by the complimentary scheduled maintenance. Also, the service rep told me that the car comes with synthetic oil, which is counter to what I have seen previously, specifically for the 2015-2016 Genesis. Does anyone know if this is true? What is the point of the maintenance minder that is specific to driving habits if the maintenance schedule doesn't vary?

Also, according to the rep, the valet service is only for scheduled maintenance and warranty repairs, so I don't know if other appointments would be eligible for the valet. Other appointments including the 3750 mi maintenance that I tried to schedule and non-warranty repairs. I don't really want to attempt a service appointment without the valet because the first time I tried to do so was such a mess. The dealership didn't have a record of my appointment (something about the Genesis side not talking to the Hyundai side) and I needed to be there when the Genesis rep was there (between 9-5?) and there were no loaners available.

All in all, it seems like Genesis corporate marketing message is all about convenience and flexibility, but the reality of the experience is all about convenience for the dealer instead of the customer. All it does is waste everyone's time without addressing the underlying issues with Hyundai's service experience.

chris41 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information

Synthetic oil is almost the standard nowadays with a synthetic blend a close second. Your 3750 oil change is most likely targeted for standard oil which KIA/Hyundai used in the past. 7500 miles for a synthetic oil change is about right but everybody has their opinions. Free means 7500 mile oil change. I would change my first oil now on my own dime, but that's just me. If you feel 7500 is too long, then pay for changes in between.

As Hyundai moves into the independent Genesis brand, you will see a lot of growing pains with service very dealer franchise specific.

CO commuter is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbas View Post
    I just made my second attempt at valet service (the first was a fail, discussed a few months ago on this forum) with Alexandria Genesis.

Fail #1: Made an appointment via the iPhone app. The appointed time came and went, so I called the dealership. According to the dealership, they ask for people to call in to make appointments. So.... why the app?

Fail #2: I was attempting the 3750 mi service based on "factory severe conditions", which apply to my driving habits. According to the dealership, only the 7500 mi interval services are covered by the complimentary scheduled maintenance. Also, the service rep told me that the car comes with synthetic oil, which is counter to what I have seen previously, specifically for the 2015-2016 Genesis. Does anyone know if this is true? What is the point of the maintenance minder that is specific to driving habits if the maintenance schedule doesn't vary?

Also, according to the rep, the valet service is only for scheduled maintenance and warranty repairs, so I don't know if other appointments would be eligible for the valet. Other appointments including the 3750 mi maintenance that I tried to schedule and non-warranty repairs. I don't really want to attempt a service appointment without the valet because the first time I tried to do so was such a mess. The dealership didn't have a record of my appointment (something about the Genesis side not talking to the Hyundai side) and I needed to be there when the Genesis rep was there (between 9-5?) and there were no loaners available.

All in all, it seems like Genesis corporate marketing message is all about convenience and flexibility, but the reality of the experience is all about convenience for the dealer instead of the customer. All it does is waste everyone's time without addressing the underlying issues with Hyundai's service experience.
    I scheduled my 3750 oil change online through the Genesis site (I was actually still at 3500 miles). I did not do the valet service, as my Hyundai dealer was up front about that at the POS and said that they are not yet equipped to offer that service. No issues when I took it in. The service guys were awesome and didn't charge me anything. My understanding is that all scheduled maintenance should be covered for the first 35k miles. Look at your contract for specifics. Mine definitely says all scheduled maintenance (including oil changes every 3750 miles).

Cars in my garage

Alexandra location is terrible. I go the extra couple of miles to Safford Genesis in Springfield, VA.

homeofstone is online now Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by CO commuter View Post
    I scheduled my 3750 oil change online through the Genesis site (I was actually still at 3500 miles). I did not do the valet service, as my Hyundai dealer was up front about that at the POS and said that they are not yet equipped to offer that service. No issues when I took it in. The service guys were awesome and didn't charge me anything. My understanding is that all scheduled maintenance should be covered for the first 35k miles. Look at your contract for specifics. Mine definitely says all scheduled maintenance (including oil changes every 3750 miles).
    I hope they gave you an additional discount since you don't get the full valet service that i suppose to come with the purchase of the car.
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

MrG_NY is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Lower Hudson Valley
    Cars in my garage

Owners manual states 7500 miles for oil changes and synthetic. 3500 for severe service. What makes you think your driving habits are severe?
    As for valet service, you need to schedule two days in advance according to the concierge number and if it's a Hyundai dealer they may not offer valet and you may or may not get a Genesis for a loaner. If you schedule with a Genesis dealer you will get the full treatment. Genesis has a map that shows who is a full fledge Genesis dealer and who sells the G80 but is a Hyundai dealer.

Jbas is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrG_NY View Post
    Owners manual states 7500 miles for oil changes and synthetic. 3500 for severe service. What makes you think your driving habits are severe?
    As for valet service, you need to schedule two days in advance according to the concierge number and if it's a Hyundai dealer they may not offer valet and you may or may not get a Genesis for a loaner. If you schedule with a Genesis dealer you will get the full treatment. Genesis has a map that shows who is a full fledge Genesis dealer and who sells the G80 but is a Hyundai dealer.
    The Genesis owner's web portal has a service section that asks the user about their driving habits, which was the basis for my assumption.

MrG_NY is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Lower Hudson Valley
    Cars in my garage

I forgot about those questions being there.

CO commuter is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by homeofstone View Post
    I hope they gave you an additional discount since you don't get the full valet service that i suppose to come with the purchase of the car.
    No charge for the oil change. Got a great price on the vehicle to begin with, so no complaints. Had I wanted a loaner, they would have given me a Genesis (I've taken their loaner previously when they added window tint and clear bra).

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Sounds like they need to get the bugs worked out of the process but only providing "normal" scheduled maintenance is par for the course for most brands. For example BMW and Toyota will only provide the "standard" 10k or so oil changes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast