Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    onailrof is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80 V6 AWD
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information

Members don't see this ad
    Yep, I also had a thread about the valet service mishaps at my dealer. I think it's all fixed though. They have been very accommodating since they messed up. I definitely gave my feedback about the valet service issues to the dealer and to Genesis on the surveys. I don't believe valet is only for scheduled maintenance. I think it's for 3 years, or 36,000 miles - it says it right on the car sticker.

As for the oil, I also have been trying to figure this out. The dealer didn't know and I've placed calls to the Genesis Concierge and they don't know either. They actually have to go back to the manufacturer in Korea to find out. The dealer put conventional oil in for the first oil change, but if it was synthetic, I'll have them change it back at the next oil change. I hope to find out this week or next what oil it had when it was manufactured.

My first oil change was at 3500 - the Genesis Genius that went over the car with me said they want the oil changed early the first time and put that mileage into the car for the service reminder. I picked up a loaner in the morning and they brought my car to my work in the afternoon and traded cars. They actually put 3500 miles on the oil change sticker, but I think I'll do it every 7500 miles. No charge for oil change.

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

Genesis sells a premium car but they are not geared up yet for premium service. The dealer traing is definity inadequate. Corporate HQ blew the Genesis introduction.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbas View Post
    The Genesis owner's web portal has a service section that asks the user about their driving habits, which was the basis for my assumption.
    Hyundai has a conundrum with regard to their normal/severe service recommendations.

• On the one hand they want you to think that cost of ownership is low, so the 7500 mile interval, and only requiring conventional oil.
    • On the other hand, they want customers to maintain their vehicle very well, because of the 10 year - 100K mile drivetrain warranty, and they want dealers to reap to benefit of charging for as many oil changes as they can convince you that are needed. So the recommendations about using the severe service schedule are a little over-stated, unless your driving conditions are severe most of the time (not just some of the time).

But with the Genesis Motors, where oil changes are free for the first 35K miles (or whatever it is), they haven't though through everything carefully as to what they tell customers. Personally, I think they should just require synthetic oil, but they may have a slight problem if the same engine is also used by Hyundai branded cars.

As others have mentioned, if you use synthetic oil, 7500 miles is OK under "most" severe conditions. If you care about engine longevity, you should use synthetic oil regardless of what manufacturer requires or recommends. Honda and Toyota now require synthetic oil for almost all engines (they specify 0W-20, which only is available in a synthetic).

xsolara is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Central Wisconsin
    Cars in my garage

How is this going to work...I'm a 2 hour drive from my closest Genesis dealer.....Are they going to send out a driver for 4 hour trip to change oil ???? I don't think so
    The Hyundia dealer (who looks like they won't stock Genesis) is a 1 hour away (2 hours round trip)and they won't do that either
    Black 2015 Genesis AWD 3.8L with Sig. Pkg
    "ACT UPON WHAT YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU THINK"

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Lots of good reasons for doing it yourself presented here
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

Dennis Larkin is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: G80 Ultimate (Canadian Version)
    Cars in my garage

Have you seen the underbelly of this beast? Good luck DOI g it yourself.

richzak is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2017 G80 AWD Premium & Ultimate Packages Patagonia Blue w/ Ivory Interior
    I live in Las Cruces, NM
    Cars in my garage

It is my understanding from my selling dealer, if there is a Hyundai dealer that is also listed as Genesis dealer within a one hour drive, the delaership must offer the valet service.

Since your more than one hour away, no valet service under the new Genesis plan.

swltf183 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Tampa, FL
    Cars in my garage

I had an unpleasant experience. Made an appointment for 3500 mile oil change and for dealer to bind a second key (which wasn't with car at delivery) to the vehicle. I live 25 miles away and don't want someone I don't know driving my car 50 miles. It was agreed I'd deliver the car and they'd give me a loaner. Appointment was the next day and the service representative actually said there's a loaner sitting here and I'm putting a tag on it to be sure it's ready.

Seemed simple enough. My wife arrived at the dealer and they didn't have a loaner available. 30 minutes later a loaner came in and they told her our car would be ready before the paperwork for the loaner could be completed. She told them to go ahead and do the paperwork. So after 45 minutes of aggravation she left with the loaner. They said they'd call when ready. They called 5 hours later.

On top of everything else the service guy was rude and disrespectful to my wife. He had the attitude that the service we were getting didn't qualify for a loaner.

Not exactly the luxury car service experience the salesman represented.

I'm located in Wesley Chapel, Florida.

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by silberma View Post
    Genesis sells a premium car but they are not geared up yet for premium service. The dealer traing is definity inadequate. Corporate HQ blew the Genesis introduction.
    It ain't just Genesis - name any product - We are now living in a 3rd world country. The term "service" is now a totally obsolete term in this country.

When I bought my G2 V8, right before I signed on the dotted line, I asked the service mgr. if the oil filter was on top - nice & handy. He said -- "Of course" -- now as all V8 owners well know, it's hidden on the bottom of the engine well behind a large "bat wing" panel with many cheap fasteners.

Did I say something about 3rd world??

rbres is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in ca
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    same experience here in northern calif...only 1 "dedicated" genesis dealership about 30 miles from me "possibly" offering valet service, which I refuse to go to since there's a Hyundai one who does service g80's only 5-10 min from my house which I went to for a mirror compass problem, but they wouldn't pick me up or even give me any loaner but rather I had to take a shuttle bus. They were in the dark about the whole Genesis valet service and actually said they didn't have any g80's on the lot and I was only the 2nd G80 that has come in for service so far! I called Genesis connected care and explained my experience and their response was the canned "so sorry for that and you matter to us etc"..they said they plan on integrating Genesis with many Hyundai dealerships plus stand alone ones by 2019! But they said for any future visits to call them directly first so THEY can contact the dealership to set up a valet pickup. That remains to be seen since most dealerships aren't prepared for this. We early owners are unfortunately the guinea pigs until they figure out this brand change. The number for the Genesis line is 844 340-9741 and the more people that call them to show their frustration the quicker the problem can be fixed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast