Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Valet Service / oil change -- misleading information

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by rbres View Post
    same experience here in northern calif...only 1 "dedicated" genesis dealership about 30 miles from me "possibly" offering valet service, which I refuse to go to since there's a Hyundai one who does service g80's only 5-10 min from my house which I went to for a mirror compass problem, but they wouldn't pick me up or even give me any loaner but rather I had to take a shuttle bus. They were in the dark about the whole Genesis valet service and actually said they didn't have any g80's on the lot and I was only the 2nd G80 that has come in for service so far! I called Genesis connected care and explained my experience and their response was the canned "so sorry for that and you matter to us etc"..they said they plan on integrating Genesis with many Hyundai dealerships plus stand alone ones by 2019! But they said for any future visits to call them directly first so THEY can contact the dealership to set up a valet pickup. That remains to be seen since most dealerships aren't prepared for this. We early owners are unfortunately the guinea pigs until they figure out this brand change. The number for the Genesis line is 844 340-9741 and the more people that call them to show their frustration the quicker the problem can be fixed!
    A lot of people (almost everyone) on this forum has been criticizing Hyundai for not creating a separate brand, with separate dealers, prior to the 2017 G80 and G90. And there is the problem that it will take a long time for the complete dealer network to roll out as separate from Hyundai.

Maybe people don't understand (I am not sure) that by law in the USA, dealers must be independent from the Hyundai Motors or Genesis Motors. They have to find entrepreneurs all across the country who are willing to invest millions of their own money to open a dealership (even if Hyundai provides some financial support). Personally, I would have been happy to have Genesis sold at Hyundai dealers, and to be provided a loaner car for service items that cannot be performed quickly, and I don't think they should be "obligated" to provide Genesis loaners for Genesis owners.

The valet service idea is just not very smart IMO, even if they agree provide it. Too many things have gone wrong with that service since it was introduced for the Equus in 2011.

MrG_NY is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Lower Hudson Valley
    Cars in my garage

I had posted to this thread a a while back. Since that post, the dealer I leased my vehicle from originally didn't offer a Genesis or pickup service. First time I had to have my car looked at they did give me a brand new Santa Fe to drive and I need to bring my car to them. Last week my time for service light for the oil change came on I went to the web site and scheduled my appointment being ready to change dealers for service. I checked my dealer and found they had the valet service, they came and picked my car up and dropped a Genesis Ultimate off with 68 miles. So I think they may have changed the model for valet service. The dealer I am dealing with is a Hyundai dealer not a Genesis dealer. They said they had sold 2 Equos vehicles but plenty of Genesis so they weren't going to be a Genesis dealer.

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG_NY View Post
    I had posted to this thread a a while back. Since that post, the dealer I leased my vehicle from originally didn't offer a Genesis or pickup service. First time I had to have my car looked at they did give me a brand new Santa Fe to drive and I need to bring my car to them. Last week my time for service light for the oil change came on I went to the web site and scheduled my appointment being ready to change dealers for service. I checked my dealer and found they had the valet service, they came and picked my car up and dropped a Genesis Ultimate off with 68 miles. So I think they may have changed the model for valet service. The dealer I am dealing with is a Hyundai dealer not a Genesis dealer. They said they had sold 2 Equos vehicles but plenty of Genesis so they weren't going to be a Genesis dealer.
    That has been the Equus concierge policy for Hyundai dealers since 2011.

What model car they give you for a loaner is going to depend on availability. There is no way they can guarantee that every customer gets the same car they own when giving out a loaner. To guarantee that, the dealer would have to purchase a fleet of loaners, which 95% of the time just sit there not being used.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123