Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: replacing "replacement Michelin tires
    tbently is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature
    I live in Houston, TX
    Cars in my garage

Default replacing "replacement Michelin tires

Members don't see this ad
    Any recommendations for replacing the Michelin tires that were given during the "recall" for 2015 Genesis 3.6 rwd. 24k and down to the wear bars. I id get an $85 prorated discount per tire.

jsmit86 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: replacing "replacement Michelin tires

I'm not sure if this will apply to the Equus, but likely it will. My G2 AWD 3.8 came with Michelin MXM4s. Both the original set and the replacement set had balance issues that caused vibration. I had them replaced with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 All Seasons, and it's night and day! Very smooth, excellent handing, and very good in rain and snow.

Michelin also makes a similar tire called the Premier A/S. It has excellent ratings, and some of the Genesis users had those as replacements with good results.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

I live in Houston, TX
    Cars in my garage

thanks for your reply. I am getting the Michelin Premium tires A/S. $770 out the door with $85 prorate on each tire. I have tried to change my car but hasn't worked. I traded my Equus in for my 2015 Genesis 3.8 Had a 2009 4.5 first.

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

Great price as Michelin's are always pricey. Did you have to show proof of tire rotations to receive the prorated discount?

I live in Houston, TX
    Cars in my garage

I did not have to show proof. At NTB they wanted proof and dates of rotations. They were rotated once. I went to Discount auto and explained 1 rotation and did show proof when tires were replaced. These had 22K miles. No problems here. Gave me $85 off for each tire.

ridler101 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in San Diego
    Cars in my garage

YES. DONT GET YOUR TIRES REPLACED AT THE DEALER UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO ALSO RE-PROGRAM YOUR ECU WITH A LOWER TOPE SPEED AND PERFORMANCE CURVE. KEEP READING! Hi guys. PLEASE READ ! I dont do this much but i have tried to get this issue fixed with Hyundai... no luck. If you want your car to be the car you bought from the dealer... KEEP READING! I recently decided to finally take my 2015 Genesis to the dealer to get the "free tires" to replace the ones that have "too much road noise".. BAD IDEA! What the dealer recall notice doesnt tell you as that they also lower the performance curve on your Genesis. They are replacing the higher speed rated Hankook tires with the lower speed rating tires. Since they decided not to put the same speed rating of the tire which you purchased the car with, THE DEALERS ARE ALSO LOWERING THE SPEED / PERFORMANCE RATING OF THE VEHICLES!. Dont believe me ? check consumer reports. Or better yet, call this # 1-800-633-5151 . When i called the local dealer, they didnt even know about the governor being changed on these cars. Once they transferred me to the techs in the back, they said yes, it has to be done. My car is now SLOWER than when i first test drove it. Feels like a Camry now... slower. This is my first post. Next is a complaint at consumer reports, later BBB, etc.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by ridler101 View Post
    YES. DONT GET YOUR TIRES REPLACED AT THE DEALER UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO ALSO RE-PROGRAM YOUR ECU WITH A LOWER TOPE SPEED AND PERFORMANCE CURVE. KEEP READING! Hi guys. PLEASE READ ! I dont do this much but i have tried to get this issue fixed with Hyundai... no luck. If you want your car to be the car you bought from the dealer... KEEP READING! I recently decided to finally take my 2015 Genesis to the dealer to get the "free tires" to replace the ones that have "too much road noise".. BAD IDEA! What the dealer recall notice doesnt tell you as that they also lower the performance curve on your Genesis. They are replacing the higher speed rated Hankook tires with the lower speed rating tires. Since they decided not to put the same speed rating of the tire which you purchased the car with, THE DEALERS ARE ALSO LOWERING THE SPEED / PERFORMANCE RATING OF THE VEHICLES!. Dont believe me ? check consumer reports. Or better yet, call this # 1-800-633-5151 . When i called the local dealer, they didnt even know about the governor being changed on these cars. Once they transferred me to the techs in the back, they said yes, it has to be done. My car is now SLOWER than when i first test drove it. Feels like a Camry now... slower. This is my first post. Next is a complaint at consumer reports, later BBB, etc.
    Almost everything you claim is not true. What they did is lower the top speed set in the governor in the ECU to about 130 MPH. The ECU has always had a governor, and they just lowered it to reflect that the new tires have a slightly lower speed rating. Unless you are trying to go faster than 130 MPH, you will not notice the change. It does not affect acceleration at any speed below 130 MPH.

I live in San Diego
    Cars in my garage

The recall doesnt say they will lower the governor: true; the replacement tires are lower speed rating: true; Hyundai made my car slower without my consent: true; Mark: you must work for Hyundai ?

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by ridler101 View Post
    The recall doesnt say they will lower the governor: true; the replacement tires are lower speed rating: true; Hyundai made my car slower without my consent: true; Mark: you must work for Hyundai ?
    No, I don't work for Hyundai. But I have never driven my car over 90 MPH, so I don't care if there is a governor that limits the top speed to 130 MPH. In fact, I would welcome having the top speed reduced to 130 MPH, just in case my car is ever stolen.

I live in San Diego
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Thats good that you don't work for the manufacturer. This forum was designed for communication and information posts from / for Hyundai owners. My statements in my original post are true. I have verbally confirmed with the local dealer Tech of the lowered performance curve. It's good that you would like a slower car. I use my car on the local speed circuit here in Southern California. I also use an old school G-Tech. It a hobby. But this forum is NOT about my hobby. It's about Hyundai sending out recall notices for noisy Tires, replacing of tires and (unknowingly to the consumer) lowering the performance curve and the top speed of the vehicle. Class action lawsuit coming shortly if Hyundai doesn't respond in writing to my requests