Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G90 Decemeber sales
    YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Cars in my garage

Default G90 Decemeber sales

Members don't see this ad
    From the sound of it, seems like the G90 is still in short supply.

Last month, Genesis sold 379 units of the G90 (Hyundai also sold 8 units of the Equus).

In comparison, Lexus did 609 of the LS, Audi did 501 of the A8 and Jaguar 436 for the XJ.

In Canada, the G90 did 24 units - which is a good bit better than the 9 units of the LS that Lexus did, as well as the units Audi did w/ the A8 (10 units).

Now this is small potatoes when it comes to sales volume and yes, the G90 is new whereas the LS and A8 are at the end of their life-cycles, but many have doubted that the G90 would ever outsell competitors like the LS and A8 in any market (aside from Korea) under any circumstances (the XJ did a whopping 55 units in December in Canada - by far its best sales month).

Rey is offline Registered Member What I drive: '14 Equus Signature
    I live in Salem, OR
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G90 Decemeber sales

Interesting comparing the new G90 to old Equus sales. The Equus has languished in showrooms. Hyundai never really supported the Equus with adequate advertising meaning that the Equus is virtually unknown amongst average consumers. The end result is that Equus are deeply discounted both to first owners and resale. This makes the Equus a great value.
    The G90 is marketed much more aggressively, and are currently selling very close to MSRP. Will the G90 be deeply discounted like the Equus? Maybe not for a while as it seems dealers are quickly selliing all the G90s in their inventories. Will G90s hold their value on resale? Don't count on it with Hyundai's history of low resale values of Genesis and Equus. I suppose that current lease residual valuations may be an indicator of resale prices.

turnne is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    Interesting comparing the new G90 to old Equus sales. The Equus has languished in showrooms. Hyundai never really supported the Equus with adequate advertising meaning that the Equus is virtually unknown amongst average consumers. The end result is that Equus are deeply discounted both to first owners and resale. This makes the Equus a great value.
    The G90 is marketed much more aggressively, and are currently selling very close to MSRP. Will the G90 be deeply discounted like the Equus? Maybe not for a while as it seems dealers are quickly selliing all the G90s in their inventories. Will G90s hold their value on resale? Don't count on it with Hyundai's history of low resale values of Genesis and Equus. I suppose that current lease residual valuations may be an indicator of resale prices.
    if you compare the sales levels of the Equus and the G90..they are at the same rate
    http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html
    Look an an old Equus lease deal. Its almost dead on with the G90
    The incentives and lease residuals are a big indicator
    At 43-45% lease residual for a 36mo low mileage lease...count on some big discounts from their original price as these cars come back from leases
    Lease residuals put them in the low $30's in 36 months
    I am betting they are a bit lower than that as most luxury cars( if not all of them) actually bring their lease residuals in the resale market

Warren

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    From the sound of it, seems like the G90 is still in short supply.

Last month, Genesis sold 379 units of the G90 (Hyundai also sold 8 units of the Equus).

In comparison, Lexus did 609 of the LS, Audi did 501 of the A8 and Jaguar 436 for the XJ.

In Canada, the G90 did 24 units - which is a good bit better than the 9 units of the LS that Lexus did, as well as the units Audi did w/ the A8 (10 units).

Now this is small potatoes when it comes to sales volume and yes, the G90 is new whereas the LS and A8 are at the end of their life-cycles, but many have doubted that the G90 would ever outsell competitors like the LS and A8 in any market (aside from Korea) under any circumstances (the XJ did a whopping 55 units in December in Canada - by far its best sales month).

doesnt really make sense to compare cars of different segments of different price ranges
    You dont have any idea who is buying the cheaper car since they cant afford the more expensive one

What you have to ask is if there are cars in the same segment and price class that are outselling this and/or holding resale better?
    I dont think the market really sees the G90 as a competitor to those cars you mentioned..do you?

Lexus has a new LS on the way....just a few months away

Warren

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Cars in my garage

^ Um, the G90 and LS compete in the same segment - there might be a price differential, but that has been always been the case within segments, including the LS460 compared to the S Class (and even more so when the original LS400 launched).

Anyhow, for Jan. the G90 did 468 compared to the 280 for the LS.

(Pretty much everyone knows that the LS500 is on the way.)

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    The 468 January sales figure is pretty good, in fact if I recall that beats even the best month the Equus ever had. It seems G90 inventories are still very low, I'm not sure if that is Hyundai not wanting a repeat of cars sitting around unsold at the dealers for a long time or if it reflects a true production constraint on the G90. Even the largest dealer in my area only seems to have 2-3 cars at a given time.