Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Sport by Genesis Debutes at NAIAS
    Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Post G80 Sport by Genesis Debutes at NAIAS

Members don't see this ad

DETROIT North American International Auto Show, Jan. 6, 2017 For the 2018 model year, Genesis adds an exciting Sport trim to its already popular G80 model, featuring a powerful new 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 engine plus unique sport performance upgrades. The recently debuted 2018 Genesis G80 Sport will be on display at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show, along with 2017 Genesis G90 flagship sedan, which is currently a North American Car of the Year finalist. The 2018 Genesis G80 is scheduled to arrive this Spring, and the 2017 Genesis G90 is available now at Genesis retailers.

The 2018 Genesis G80 3.3T Sport asserts its presence with a striking exterior and distinctive copper styling elements to visually differentiate it from the rest of the enhanced 2018 Genesis G80 model line-up. Unique 19-inch wheels, genuine carbon fiber interior trim, leather sport seats and steering wheel are just some of the exclusive design and performance features that highlight the G80 Sport. Continue reading...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Batdog is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G80 Sport by Genesis Debutes at NAIAS

I am very curious as to the weight of the G80 sport. The V6 G80 is about 5400 pounds, as compared to the BMW 5 series and Volvo S90 about 4000. I have to believe that eight is not only a huge factor in regards to handling, braking, and mileage, but I wonder how it effects longevity, of the vehicle. Personally, I think it needs to go on a huge diet.

mcginnpm is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80 5.0L
    I live in People's Republic of Maryland
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batdog View Post
    I am very curious as to the weight of the G80 sport. The V6 G80 is about 5400 pounds, as compared to the BMW 5 series and Volvo S90 about 4000. I have to believe that weight is not only a huge factor in regards to handling, braking, and mileage, but I wonder how it effects longevity, of the vehicle.
    One thing I do like about weight is that the heavier car usually "wins" in an accident. Volvo has always had high marks for safety, and I loved my old S70, but I feel even more solid and safer in my old 2009 Genny and my 2017 G80.
    Mike
    USMC Ret

17 G80 5.0L
    09 Genesis 4.6L
    98 Volvo S70 Turbo
    92 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    89 Saab 900 Turbo
    84 Saab 900 Turbo
    72 Volvo 144

5 Timer is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in reality
    Cars in my garage

I am very curious as to the weight of the G80 sport. The V6 G80 is about 5400 pounds, as compared to the BMW 5 series and Volvo S90 about 4000.
    G80 V-6 RWD: 4290lbs
    Volvo S90 FWD (Inscription): 4012lbs
    BMW 528i RWD: 3814lbs

I'm guessing the G80 Sport will be close to the standard G80 in weight.
    No idea where you got that 5400lb figure from.
    But the G80 could still stand to shed a few pounds

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

Vehicle ratings have net and gross weight. My G80 AWD 3.8 net weight (empty car)is 4453 lb and has a gross weight of 5511 lb. This is the maximum rated weight that the vehicle can carry of people, luggage, gas etc.

I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

My weight posted was GVWR. My bad, meant the Curb Weight, posted wrong weight. Still a bloated car

damtachoa is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    Cars in my garage

I like the car. I will buy this car instead of G80.

I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

I am with you, I am delaying my lease for the sport to come out. At least about 75 percent sure. BMW has some changes I like on the 5 series and I have yet to check out in person and drive th Volvo S90

Ragnar is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I do believe gentlemen that Hyundai in their infinite wisdom has substituded more actual steel for strength in the Genesis line.👍🏻
    Thereby increasing the weight slightly!!
    Personally I like the idea!!

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I am with you, I am delaying my lease for the sport to come out. At least about 75 percent sure. BMW has some changes I like on the 5 series and I have yet to check out in person and drive th Volvo S90
    The Volvo S90 is a pretty nice car. I was taking a walk at the mall this morning and posted a bunch of pictures HERE. Take a look if you'd like...
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan