Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Thumbs up 2018 Kia Stinger GT

Members don't see this ad
    Wow... Check out the Kia Stinger GT... 365hp from the 3.3 liter turbo V6 and rear wheel drive... What do you think?

See more at:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...ia-stinger-gt/

http://stingerforum.org/

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

srtcrazy05 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in South Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2018 Kia Stinger GT

i think it looks really nice. like a cross between a panamera, jaguar, and a7. curious how it compares to the G80 Sport

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by srtcrazy05 View Post
    i think it looks really nice. like a cross between a panamera, jaguar, and a7. curious how it compares to the G80 Sport
    It's a little smaller than the G80. I imagine the G80 is focusing more on luxury than the Stinger is...
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

H123 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Ontario
    Cars in my garage

Wow, very nice, I love the hatchback style, the 3.3T engine which must be the same as the one on Genesis G90.

I am sure G70 GT will look the same, hopefully hatchback.
    In my Genesis garage: -2015 Hyundai Genesis

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Cars in my garage

Based on a modified G80 platform w/ a wheelbase about 4" shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by H123 View Post
    Wow, very nice, I love the hatchback style, the 3.3T engine which must be the same as the one on Genesis G90.

I am sure G70 GT will look the same, hopefully hatchback.
    Don't think the G70 will be a liftback.

While there are some details which I think are a bit too fussy, like the Stinger GT a good bit more than the G80 (even the G80 Sport) inside and out.

Based on the rendering of the G70, would be a much tougher choice btwn those 2 design-wise.

There are first drive reviews of the prototype at the Namyang track and

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelh.../#7a98615237e7

The handling circuit, slalom, acceleration runs and drifting exercises convince me that the Kia Stinger GT is the real deal — a bona fide sport sedan. That statement comes as no surprise to Guillaume, who tasked his team with engineering a vehicle that “looks the way it drives and drives the way it looks.” Kia even honed handling dynamics at a famed German racing circuit, but the objective wasn’t to set lap records like a race car. “That goes against the spirit in which the new Stinger was created,” explains Guillaume, “We used the Nürburgring to ensure the Stinger is capable of taking every kind of extreme road in its unflappable stride.”
    2018 Kia Stinger - Photo courtesy Kia Motors

The comments from Kia’s chief designer support my seat-of-the-pants impressions ― despite a specification sheet and chassis tuning that supports racing circuit prowess; the Stinger GT is a premium sport-tuned gran turismo for an everyday driving enthusiast, not a hardened competitor to the Audi S4, BMW M3, or any other challenger in that racy segment. Rather than fit ridiculously sticky tires, expensive carbon-ceramic brakes or a slew of nonsensical go-fast upgrades to chase numbers on a stopwatch, the engineering team focused its efforts on something that most automakers have long forgotten ― evoking driving emotion. The Stinger has character, and it's fun to drive. BMW used to build vehicles like this ― is it possible that Kia has engineered a more emotional vehicle than the Bavarians?

http://driving.ca/kia/reviews/road-t...17-kia-stinger
    Last edited by YEH; 01-09-2017 at 06:34 PM.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Rotten name. Surprised that they didn't call it the Super Bee, or the Baracuda. An atavism to be sure. This is the 21st Century.
    Last edited by PMCErnie; 01-09-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

srtcrazy05 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in South Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Motors View Post
    It's a little smaller than the G80. I imagine the G80 is focusing more on luxury than the Stinger is...
    i hope its not too much smaller as ive been interested in the genesis sedan/g80 for its luxury and size. however, if its bigger than say a cadillac ats, i think itll satisfy my needs. you're probably right that it wont be as luxurious in comparison since its Kia and not the luxury brand known as Genesis. it is already catching comparisons to bmw and audi though so it seems like itll still be at least somewhat luxurious. i just hope its bigger than a 3 series or a4

aminoacid91 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in San Diego, CA
    Cars in my garage

i hope its not too much smaller as ive been interested in the genesis sedan/g80 for its luxury and size. however, if its bigger than say a cadillac ats, i think itll satisfy my needs. you're probably right that it wont be as luxurious in comparison since its Kia and not the luxury brand known as Genesis. it is already catching comparisons to bmw and audi though so it seems like itll still be at least somewhat luxurious. i just hope its bigger than a 3 series or a4
    The reported length is 4.83 meters, or 190 inches. The Genesis G80 is 196 inches long, and the Kia Optima 191 inches. This slots it right under the Optima. I expect it to feel more spacious though due to the liftback... The ATS is 183 inches long so this won't be as smal

source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ed-114427.html

I live in South Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by aminoacid91 View Post
    The reported length is 4.83 meters, or 190 inches. The Genesis G80 is 196 inches long, and the Kia Optima 191 inches. This slots it right under the Optima. I expect it to feel more spacious though due to the liftback... The ATS is 183 inches long so this won't be as smal

source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ed-114427.html
    thanks a ton amino. i cant wait to see this and the G80 sport in person.

aminoacid91 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in San Diego, CA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    thanks a ton amino. i cant wait to see this and the G80 sport in person.
    No problems! My lease on my Genesis sedan runs out in 15 months, and I've already started to think about what I want next. I would get the Stinger GT over the Genesis G80 Sport. Can't wait to see what they've cooked up for G70!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast