Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Passenger side windshield wiper resting position
    ckreisler1065 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Default Passenger side windshield wiper resting position

Members don't see this ad
    Not really a major problem, more of an annoyance!!!

I have a 2013 Genesis Sedan Tech Package.

Since owning the vehicle, when you turn the windshield wipers off, they go down and hide from view. This past weekend, we had a pretty good snow storm, and snow/ice build up under the passenger wiper blade not allowing it to go all the way down. Figured, once the snow/ice melts, it will finally go back down into resting position. The snow is now gone, and the passenger side wiper won't go all the way back down anymore. I can push it down manually, and it will go to the correct position, so there are not any obstructions. The car for some reason just thinks this is the new position, being as the snow/ice wouldn't let it go all the way down. I have looked at the entire wiper arm, it is not bent, no obstructions. Anyone know of a way to get the wiper to go back down.

Was wondering if I pushed the wiper all the way down, then disconnected the battery, if that would do it. Anyone ever experience this ?

Thanks,

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Passenger side windshield wiper resting position

Your profile says you drive a 2nd generation model ('15 or '16), but you say in your post that you own a '13, which is second iteration of the 1st generation. Got it?

Your post implies that you do not know that your wipers can be automatically raised for cleaning, changing, etc. by pushing the wiper stalk to the top position immediately after turning off the ignition. You risk damaging the mechanism if you are pushing, or bending, them by hand. DUN DO DAT!
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Passenger side windshield wiper resting position

Members don't see this ad
    Before doing anything drastic - try cycling thru the usual sequence for parking the wipers vertically and then restoring them to rest position:

1 With ignition off - push wiper stalk up for 4 secs. Wipers go up.

2. Turn ignition to on position (but not engine), then give the wiper stalk a quick push up - Wipers go back to rest position.

If one or both wipers don't go completely down - you got other problems - but it's worth a try.

P.S. the engine need never be on to effect the above procedure.
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue