Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 3 year tire recall coming to an end - which tire is best?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    XPO439 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in California
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 3 year tire recall coming to an end - which tire is best?

Members don't see this ad
    Going from the OEM conti tires on the 15 5.0 to the Sumitomo's that I have right now are a literal night and day difference.

Even after lowering the car, on those stock tires, I hardly noticed any change, except that the car was lower. If you have the money, switch out those OEM tires.

4104 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I am sure this is a tire problem, however Hyundai has enlightenment directions Front minimum toe in, Rear Huge toe in and this wears out the inside of the rear tires even with 5k rotation cycles at 20K
    Hyundai 2015 G2 Genesis 3.8 sedan build date February 12th 2015.
    Past vehicle's 4 Greyhound bus conversions. 2-1960 4104's 1-1957 4104 and 1-1989 MCI 9.
    Plus 3 previous great Hyundai vehicle's.

PaFromFL is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4104 View Post
    ...Rear Huge toe in and this wears out the inside of the rear tires even with 5k rotation cycles at 20K
    The factory rear camber adds to the problem.
    2015 Hyundai 3.8 Genesis Ultimate Casablanca White
    Reversible Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Mud Guards, Rear Bumper Applique, First Aid Kit

Gunny is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Atlanta
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4104 View Post
    I am sure this is a tire problem, however Hyundai has enlightenment directions Front minimum toe in, Rear Huge toe in and this wears out the inside of the rear tires even with 5k rotation cycles at 20K
    The tires for the Genesis 5.0 are staggered and directional. My understanding is they should not be rotated.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Cars in my garage

The 5.0 tires can be rotated left to right. Front and rears cannot be swapped.
    2015 5.0 Ultimate, Casablanca White with Black Interior Build Date July 2014
    Options:
    Mud guards, trunk mat, rear bumper applique, wheel locks
    Customization:Automatic turn on of heated/cooled seats, Automatic raising/lowering of rear sunshade

Other Vehicles:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    2005 Lincoln LS V8

glennk is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by lobsenza View Post
    +1

Gunny is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Atlanta
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by lobsenza View Post
    Thanks. That makes perfect sense, of course, my dealer never offered the option. Big surprise.

greekgeek is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

I finally had my 5.0 tires replaced with the ContiSilent Procontact TX at the dealer last week. Got to ride in a G80 AWD loaner for a couple of hours and am very happy with the new tires. A huge improvement in the tire noise and no more vibration from flatspotting! I know they get a bad rap around here but so far I am very happy with the free upgrade, definately gives the car a more traditional luxury car feel. Hyundai did A-OK in my book!

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post
    I finally had my 5.0 tires replaced with the ContiSilent Procontact TX at the dealer last week. Got to ride in a G80 AWD loaner for a couple of hours and am very happy with the new tires. A huge improvement in the tire noise and no more vibration from flatspotting! I know they get a bad rap around here but so far I am very happy with the free upgrade, definately gives the car a more traditional luxury car feel. Hyundai did A-OK in my book!
    I'm happy with the Conti's

And, as far as rotation, I'm glad I really can't - and therefore don't have to.

Right to left rotation - or vice versa.- a total waste of time - If you think you need to, then you have basic mechanical probs. that should be resolved first.
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

BillZ is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Toronto
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    After some research for replacement tires for my 3.8 AWD, I decided on Pirelli P-Zero A/S Plus. I was going for the quiet and luxury feel that had hooked me on the Genesis in the first place. Those qualities were definitely fading as the Michelin's wore out (and rapidly I might add). So far, so good. They are extremely quiet and the ride is great again. According to some of the ratings, the Pirellis may lack some of the handling and grip at the extremes compared with some other tires, but I was prepared to exchange that for the luxury feel. I certainly haven't notices any negatives in handling for the way I drive and I'm happy with the choice. Shop around -- there seems to be a wide range in price. My dealer quoted me $200 more for the package than I found at a tire shop in Toronto. The price I paid for the tires mounted and balanced was lower than any I saw on line.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456