Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 3 year tire recall coming to an end - which tire is best?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jarred52 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 3 year tire recall coming to an end - which tire is best?

Members don't see this ad
    I have Michelin Premiers and have been very satisfied. Probably as good a ride as you can get with that size tire. I would have preferred the Genny come with a tire with taller sidewalls for a smother ride but the 45s were part of the Lotus suspension "upgrade" for '15.

jsmit86 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by harwax View Post
    Not looking for anything fancy- just want a good replacement tire for a nice quite ride. Can I insist on the Conti DWS 06 from the dealer or am I allowed to go to any tire dealer (I have the original Hancook tires that came with my 2015 G2) and have them honor the recall. I live on Long Island, NY
    It may not be an option to get the Contis. I only ended up with them due to 2 defective sets of the MXM 4s.
    If your dealer wont do Contis, see if the Michelin Premier A/S is an option. It rates very close to the Contis, and IIRC, may have superior tread life.
    If you are forced into the MXM4, you can always check with Discount Tire to see if they can hande the recall. You may have to pay a small amount for labor or balancing. Others have reported that Discount Tire could handled the swap for Contis. There could be some small price difference, but not a big deal if you want to insist on the Contis.

Regarding the MXM4s.... other than the balance and vibration issues, the tire was fine, and I drove a loaner that had no problems with the MXM4s. Many users have them with no complaint, but they have also seemed to be one of the more common factors in vibration.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

glennk is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

Not sure how this is handled. BF Goodrich, Continental and Michelin have some great options. Check out the Tire Rack site.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Cars in my garage

You will have to go to a store like Discount Tire to get the Continentals.
    2015 5.0 Ultimate, Casablanca White with Black Interior Build Date July 2014
    Options:
    Mud guards, trunk mat, rear bumper applique, wheel locks
    Customization:Automatic turn on of heated/cooled seats, Automatic raising/lowering of rear sunshade

Other Vehicles:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    2005 Lincoln LS V8

Uchiha madara is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

in the whole world

the best tires are below :

1- Michelen pilot cup 2

2- Michelen pilot super sport

3- Contenintal contisport contact 5P (( which i have in my car))

4- Goodyear eagle F1

those are the best in the world

they have very wide wear width

scooterb is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Can you elaborate on the end of the recall. My 2015 3.8 ultimate has the original hankooks on. I was at service recently for oil change and we specifically talked about holding off on the tire swap. I was under the impression I had quite a bit more time before this recall entitlement ran out (do recalls ever really expire anyways ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by harwax View Post
    I know over the years their has been much discussion on best tires to switch to (because of recall). Now that many 2015 G2 sedan owners are nearing the deadline to switch - can owners who made the switch earlier, give the rest of us your wisdom of the good and the bad tire experience, so those still sitting on the fence can now make an intelligent choice.

Gen 2 2015
    Tech Package
    AWD V6
    Monticito Blue/Gray interior

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

The dealer just replaced all four Michelin Primacy MXM4s on my car with a brand new set of Michelin Primacy MXM4s due to severe vibration issues - after 100 miles on the new tires, the vibration is coming back.

Given how many people have reported issues with these tires, and my personal experience with two brand new sets, I will refuse to have these put on my vehicle again. I don't want these tires for free, I certainly wouldn't pay for them.

Stay away from the Michelin Primacy MXM4s for the Genesis sedan - they might work well on other vehicles, but there are plenty of people who have issues with this specific tire, and I would avoid getting these at all cost.
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

My MXM4's are wearing rather quickly and I will probably need to replace them soonish. With 14k miles, and no rebalancing, they are still very smooth and do not vibrate. I have had them rotated once.
    Since my car is a lease, I will probably opt for something cheap, like the Barum Bravuris (110 USD), maybe the Yokohama Envignor (150 USD). Most certainly not the MXM4s (200 USD), since they are severely overpriced for what they are.

glennk is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seejay View Post
    My MXM4's are wearing rather quickly and I will probably need to replace them soonish. With 14k miles, and no rebalancing, they are still very smooth and do not vibrate. I have had them rotated once.
    Since my car is a lease, I will probably opt for something cheap, like the Barum Bravuris (110 USD), maybe the Yokohama Envignor (150 USD). Most certainly not the MXM4s (200 USD), since they are severely overpriced for what they are.
    consider the BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S. Excellent experience with my prior car (Taurus SHO). Have the same compound as the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, but different tread pattern.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by glennk View Post
    consider the BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S. Excellent experience with my prior car (Taurus SHO). Have the same compound as the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, but different tread pattern.
    Thank you (150 USD for a w rated tire!), i like unidirectional tires, and good reviews on Tire Rack.
    Last edited by Seejay; 01-27-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast