Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Throwing in the towel.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Jim Karns is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 15' 2G Sedan V6 HTRAC
    I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

Default Throwing in the towel.

Members don't see this ad
    I have a 15' Genny sedan V6 AWD with 4400 miles. Car has been in the shop for 39 days in the last 6 weeks. No assistance from factory reps (when they do return my calls). Can anybody recommend a lemon law lawyer that practices in North Carolina. Got to start the wheels of justice moving in this direction. Don't really want to - but getting nowhere from Hyundai. Dealer has been great - but can't fix. Factory rep doesn't return call. Have resorted to having to call Hyundai US headquarters in California, multiple times.
    Anybody that knows of a good attorney.... There name would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Throwing in the towel.

What is the issue with the car?

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    What is the issue with the car?
    This is the problem and post: http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...ed-!-EVER-!-!-!
    In my Genesis garage: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

homeofstone is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA
    Cars in my garage

I hope you have been driving their loner Genesis all this time.
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Unfortunately, the North Carolina Lemon Law apparently does not include payment of attorney fees by the auto manufacturer if you win the case. However, most lawyers will only charge you a fee if you win. But it "may be" cheaper to hire a lawyer that requires payment win or loose, especially if you are confident you will win.

According to your signature you live in Connecticut. If so, did you purchase the car in NC while living in CT? Not sure which state law would apply in that case.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Assuming you have received a loaner car, you should leave your Genesis in the shop until it has been fixed. Back off on your daily tirades. Let the system work. I'm guessing your impatience is dooming you. You need stress management more than a lawyer.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Assuming you have received a loaner car, you should leave your Genesis in the shop until it has been fixed. Back off on your daily tirades. Let the system work. I'm guessing your impatience is dooming you.
    I disagree. My loaner car paid for by Hyundai was a 2015 Chevy Cruze Base model ($16,000 list price) with zero options, not the $50,000+ vehicle I am paying for each month. I also lost access to BlueLink (monthly subscription), SiriusXM radio (monthly subscription), as well as my toll tag (which gives me a discount on toll roads) while using the rental vehicle.

Having a loaner car (unless it's an equivalent to the actual Genesis one owns/leases) for 39 days (which is 5.5 weeks) is not an equivalent substitute, especially when Hyundai is apparently not able to fix this issue permanently and isn't actively reaching out to the customer to make them feel like they are taken care of. This is no longer a question of patience, this is a question of getting use of something that one is actually paying for. I did leave my Genesis in the shop for almost 5 weeks, and all the issues I reported have returned in less than 200 miles after picking up my car. All the while I was driving a piece of junk rental car. If I wanted to drive a Chevy Cruze, I would have purchased one and saved $34,000+ in payments, plus my monthly subscription to BlueLink, SiriusXM radio, etc.

I think Jim has reasonable expectations, and I also think that Hyundai/Genesis should take much better care of their customers. Whatever "system" they have doesn't work, it hasn't worked for me either and I don't expect it to work unless someone lights a fire under someone else's behind and starts getting serious. If they want to be a luxury brand, they have to act like one - right now they are worse than my experiences with Chrysler and VW in the past.

At what point would you agree that the "system" they have failed? Two months? Three months?
    Last edited by AustinTX; 02-01-2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: edited spelling mistake: worst = worse
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Assuming you have received a loaner car, you should leave your Genesis in the shop until it has been fixed. Back off on your daily tirades. Let the system work. I'm guessing your impatience is dooming you. You need stress management more than a lawyer.
    In some cases, that may be good advice. But other times the car may in fact be a "Lemon," with ongoing electrical problems that will plague the owner for years to come.

It seems like Hyundai quality control is really slipping, with simple things like tightening down electrical connections (and making sure there is bare metal to ground things). Also, the recent comments about warped rotors, caused most likely by techs at the port of entry over-torqueing the wheels when installing accessories like wheel locks and mud guards, is a sign of poor management.

LarryJM is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NoVa
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Karns View Post
    I have a 15' Genny sedan V6 AWD with 4400 miles. Car has been in the shop for 39 days in the last 6 weeks. No assistance from factory reps (when they do return my calls). Can anybody recommend a lemon law lawyer that practices in North Carolina. Got to start the wheels of justice moving in this direction. Don't really want to - but getting nowhere from Hyundai. Dealer has been great - but can't fix. Factory rep doesn't return call. Have resorted to having to call Hyundai US headquarters in California, multiple times.
    Anybody that knows of a good attorney.... There name would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
    What most people don't realize that I found out is that the minute you utter the words "LEMON LAW" you are put into an entirely different level of customer service that appears to be run by the "LEGAL TYPES". It is much more non responsive and limited since HMA is only protecting their position to the max allowed under strict adherence to their legal warranty requirements. One would be wise to refrain from mentioning this until it truely is being considered as a last resort. NON LEMON LAW customer service is from my experience much more helpful and responsive and one is many times more likely to receive at least minimally acceptable and responsive CS that dealing with the LEMON LAW side of HMA.

Larry
    2015 "Winged" Genesis Cassablanca Pearl White-M/Grey Ultimate
    Tri-mode custom DRL/FOG Lights, Illum door catch plates, Dual-mode floor lights

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Larry is quite correct. Austin may have doomed himself with no recourse left but expensive legal fees. Jim too.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast