Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Throwing in the towel.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Throwing in the towel.

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Larry is quite correct. Austin may have doomed himself with no recourse left but expensive legal fees. Jim too.
    Just to clarify, I agree with the original poster of his thread that Hyundai/Genesis need to get their act together, and I have also had a very dissatisfying customer experience so far, but I haven't approached anyone at Hyundai/Genesis about a buyback or uttered the words "lemon law" to anyone yet.

Their customer service experience is dismal at best, and I would definitely not get another vehicle from this company until they get their act together. I'm still curious if anyone has a response to my post (#7) other than "you doomed yourself". Do people find this treatment from Hyundai/Genesis acceptable?
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.6 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

RyanB is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Elmhurst, IL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
    I disagree. My loaner car paid for by Hyundai was a 2015 Chevy Cruze Base model ($16,000 list price) with zero options, not the $50,000+ vehicle I am paying for each month. I also lost access to BlueLink (monthly subscription), SiriusXM radio (monthly subscription), as well as my toll tag (which gives me a discount on toll roads) while using the rental vehicle.

Having a loaner car (unless it's an equivalent to the actual Genesis one owns/leases) for 39 days (which is 5.5 weeks) is not an equivalent substitute, especially when Hyundai is apparently not able to fix this issue permanently and isn't actively reaching out to the customer to make them feel like they are taken care of. This is no longer a question of patience, this is a question of getting use of something that one is actually paying for. I did leave my Genesis in the shop for almost 5 weeks, and all the issues I reported have returned in less than 200 miles after picking up my car. All the while I was driving a piece of junk rental car. If I wanted to drive a Chevy Cruze, I would have purchased one and saved $34,000+ in payments, plus my monthly subscription to BlueLink, SiriusXM radio, etc.

I think Jim has reasonable expectations, and I also think that Hyundai/Genesis should take much better care of their customers. Whatever "system" they have doesn't work, it hasn't worked for me either and I don't expect it to work unless someone lights a fire under someone else's behind and starts getting serious. If they want to be a luxury brand, they have to act like one - right now they are worse than my experiences with Chrysler and VW in the past.

At what point would you agree that the "system" they have failed? Two months? Three months?
    I have been through all of this with Hyundai myself. When my Sonata died I was constantly put in little economy cars that were nothing like my car they were servicing. I was told that they were only required to give me a rental in the same category and every time I was made an appointment to get an actual Sonata as a dealer loaner every time I came in for my appointment the loaner was nowhere to be found so it was off to a rental company. But I'm sorry a Honda Fit or a Nissan Sentra are compact cars and not a mid-size sedan. For the first year of problems I just went with the flow and complied with whatever the dealer said just hoping that they would fix the car. But when this moved into the second year and the loaners kept getting worse and worse and I was still having the same issues I started to complain. I hounded the rental car company that my dealer used and I was constantly swapping out the rentals daily. I also had them extend my blue link for 2 months due to all the time I could not use my system.

As for some other comments about not saying Lemon Law when I contacted corporate after multiple failed attempts at repairs I stated my vehicle was a Lemon up front and they did move my file to the legal department. But I did finally get results when the legal department called me back and reviewed my file. So it did help me but that may not be the case for everyone. I finally got the result that I wanted when I swapped out a rental that they had me in that smelled like an ash tray. The only car they had left was a 2016 F250 Super Duty with a 8" lift. They tried calling every other Enterprise in the area but nobody had available car so they had to put me in it and billed the dealer. I then told my dealer that I was not going to pick up my car until they found the problem and fixed it and by this time the problem was an unknown electrical/engine issue. After driving this truck for a week or so the dealer notified Hyundai that the car was not fixable and my buy back was started and they asked me to bring the truck back. So for me constant pressure on everyone involved was the only way to get results. I just wish I started this from the onset of my problems since I would have received a better settlement on my buy back. Also my dealer told me that you need the car in 3-4 times for the same unresolved issue for them to even review they file as a buy back and I was told to just keep bringing it in so they can document it. Honestly my dealer helped me get this done more than Hyundai Corporate. You could see it in their eyes every time I pulled into the service department that they just wanted the car to be gone. I need to bring the Genesis in but I feel bad about bringing in another car for them to repair that they didn't sell me.
    In my Genesis garage: 2016 Hyundai Genesis

Jim Karns is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 15' 2G Sedan V6 HTRAC
    I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Assuming you have received a loaner car, you should leave your Genesis in the shop until it has been fixed. Back off on your daily tirades. Let the system work. I'm guessing your impatience is dooming you. You need stress management more than a lawyer.
    NO LOANER PROVIDED. NC law provides that you may proceed with the lemon law if the vehicle was purchased in that state. Conn lemon law is the same (the state it was purchased is the state that it applies.)

I have attempted to contact 2 lawyers offices . awaiting call backs. I'm at the scorched earth level now - Whatever it takes to get Hyundai to make good on the car.
    Was advised today, by the regional rep, that her boss has advised that they will not replace or refund the vehicle. THIS IS SOME SHIT! I'm at day 40 in the shop in the last 6 weeks. What a shitty way to run a company.
    I guess the challenge has been laid down... HEY HYUNDAI - - CHALLENGE ACCEPTED...SEE YOU IN COURT!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Car was purchased in NC. Is registered in Conn. NC law applies - I checked with both states

- - - Updated - - -

I would be far less stressed out if the reps & others would keep me in the loop. Impatience is being exasperated by lack of communication from reps. Dealer is the only one that keep up with the calls

CanukV6 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Beamsville Ontario
    Cars in my garage

I hear your frustration and pain, but before you go the legal route, I would strongly suggest that you make one more attempt to get some positive action from Hyundai USA. Erwin Raphael is the General Manager for the Genesis Brand in the United States. I would e-mail him directly with a summary of your experiences and ask for his help to resolve this matter. I would avoid any threats of legal action and refrain from any insults, etc., just state your case and make sure he understands that you have tried to go through normal Customer Service channels without success. I would also copy Barry Ratzlaff who is Executive Vice President of Customer Satisfaction on the e-mail. Seems like you have nothing to lose at this point.
    Based on the e-mail format for other Hyundai USA employees, their e-mail addresses will be [email protected] & [email protected]
    1st: 2009 3.8 V6, Cabernet/Cashmere, with Tech Package. Returned at Lease End. 119,750km (74,850 miles).
    2nd: 2012 3.8 V6, Twilight Blue Pearl/Cashmere, with Tech Package. Returned at Lease End. 105,000km (65,625 miles).
    Current: 2015 3.8 V6 HTRAC Casablanca White/Beige Two-Tone, with Luxury Package.

Jim Karns is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 15' 2G Sedan V6 HTRAC
    I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

UPDATE! I spoke with a dealer (Not giving out name) who informed me that the battery issue is an ongoing problem and the new Genesis coming in have a solar trickle charger on the dash... To prevent the battery from going dead. Apparently the problem HAS NOT been fixed.... This could result in a serious problem for Hyundai. What the hell ! And yet I get the blow off from the factory rep.... See you in court... found a lawyer!

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Karns View Post
    UPDATE! I spoke with a dealer (Not giving out name) who informed me that the battery issue is an ongoing problem and the new Genesis coming in have a solar trickle charger on the dash... To prevent the battery from going dead. Apparently the problem HAS NOT been fixed.... This could result in a serious problem for Hyundai. What the hell ! And yet I get the blow off from the factory rep.... See you in court... found a lawyer!
    Solar trickle charger? Not sure I believe that one without some additional info from Hyundai Motor America.

But in any case, gremlin electrical problems can be a nightmare, and I would definitely exercise the Lemon Law and get something else.

glennk is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Dallas, TX
    Cars in my garage

I vaguely remember BMW has the same issue. Ironically, to prevent the issue you have to get a genuine BMW trickle charger....for $130!
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

CanukV6 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Beamsville Ontario
    Cars in my garage

Although I have read about some people having issues with their battery draining, this does not seem to be an across-the-board problem. Many new cars have parasitic losses even when switched off, but unless the car is unused for a very long period of time, the battery should not totally discharge.

DubbuD is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada
    Cars in my garage

I've had mine for about 5 months now and still going strong. No issues, no battery or electrical problems. The only thing I'd say that happens sometimes which is quirky, is the blind spot light will come on from time to time when I'm on the highway, but its always been in bad weather and I just assume its a piece of snow or rain falling the way of or on the sensor.

Also, in the cold, the door seals and pano roof seals sometimes creak or squeak until the car warms up. But that's just the seals getting hard in the cold, and if the car wasn't so quiet inside I'd probably never actually notice it. Every little noise inside the cabin is amplified by the general quietness of the cabin, hahaha.
    2015 Genesis 3.8 H-Trac AWD
    Tech Package
    Parisian Grey
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    The point is not whether the Genesis is a Lemon, but whether the specific car that the OP has is a Lemon. Based on his problems so far, I would say it is a Lemon, and would dump it via the Lemon Law if at all possible.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast