Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Throwing in the towel.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    5 Timer is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in reality
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Throwing in the towel.

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Karns View Post
    .... new Genesis coming in have a solar trickle charger on the dash... To prevent the battery from going dead.
    So if I were driving this 'new Genesis' the vehicle's electrical system should keep the battery charged.
    But when it is parked at home I'll have to leave it outside in my driveway during daylight hours??

My 2015 is 18mos old and sits (inside my garage) for as much as 4 weeks at a time, but has started every time.

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Timer View Post
    So if I were driving this 'new Genesis' the vehicle's electrical system should keep the battery charged.
    But when it is parked at home I'll have to leave it outside in my driveway during daylight hours??
    It's often amazing what some car salesman and service advisors will come up with.

CanukV6 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Beamsville Ontario
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    The point is not whether the Genesis is a Lemon, but whether the specific car that the OP has is a Lemon. Based on his problems so far, I would say it is a Lemon, and would dump it via the Lemon Law if at all possible.
    Agreed, but the OP indicated that the dealer had stated that "the battery issue was an ongoing problem", suggesting that there is a general problem, although not one that most of us seem to have experienced. Since the dealer hasn't been able to fix the problem in the OP's car, it seems unlikely that his problems are related to just the battery.
    1st: 2009 3.8 V6, Cabernet/Cashmere, with Tech Package. Returned at Lease End. 119,750km (74,850 miles).
    2nd: 2012 3.8 V6, Twilight Blue Pearl/Cashmere, with Tech Package. Returned at Lease End. 105,000km (65,625 miles).
    Current: 2015 3.8 V6 HTRAC Casablanca White/Beige Two-Tone, with Luxury Package.

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanukV6 View Post
    Agreed, but the OP indicated that the dealer had stated that "the battery issue was an ongoing problem", suggesting that there is a general problem, although not one that most of us seem to have experienced. Since the dealer hasn't been able to fix the problem in the OP's car, it seems unlikely that his problems are related to just the battery.
    I agree its not likely related to the battery, and it is likely the car's wiring and/or electrical system that is the problem.

I also agree that although "some" others have experienced the problem, not nearly everyone has. So could be related to an assembly error (as opposed to a design fault) of that particular vehicle, such as loose electrical connections, or ground points that were mistakenly painted, etc. One problem in my mind is whether, if there was an assembly error, whether that has caused permanent damage to some of the electrical components that will linger on.

Because there is usually a window in which one can pursue reimbursement under the Lemon Laws once the process is started, I personally would go forward with it if possible, even if the dealer "claims" it is now fixed.

Jim Karns is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 15' 2G Sedan V6 HTRAC
    I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

UPDATE So, I get a call from the dealership Friday afternoon telling me that My car is "fixed" & that the root problem was the radio head unit... GREAT, RIGHT>>? NOPE! I go down to pick it up yesterday and get in the car... Go to back out of the parking spot... Put the car in reverse and VIOLA... The dash display goes off, indicating that there is something right behind me.... The problem is - there is NOTHONG behind me and the rear camera is not working. Completely different screen on radio display... WHAT THE HELL!... No display on the radio head. I proceed back into the dealership where I "encounter" the service manager. He informs me that they must have received a different radio and that they would have to order another one "Another 2 weeks". I left the car right where it was. I am 61 years old & have had dozens of different cars... This is - BY FAR - the worst car I've ever had! Am filing a formal complain with the President of Hyundai and a formal complaint with the BBB & the Attorney Generals office in Connecticut and North Carolina This is some real BS! After checking the repair records I determined that my count was off... The battery issues have caused the car to be in the shop for 50 days! I can't even trade this POS in.... I am SO pissed off right now!

- - - Updated - - -

I
    Last edited by Jim Karns; 02-05-2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Items left out

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Karns View Post
    UPDATE So, I get a call from the dealership Friday afternoon telling me that My car is "fixed" & that the root problem was the radio head unit... GREAT, RIGHT>>? NOPE! I go down to pick it up yesterday and get in the car... Go to back out of the parking spot... Put the car in reverse and VIOLA... The dash display goes off, indicating that there is something right behind me.... The problem is - there is NOTHONG behind me and the rear camera is not working. Completely different screen on radio display... WHAT THE HELL!... No display on the radio head. I proceed back into the dealership where I "encounter" the service manager. He informs me that they must have received a different radio and that they would have to order another one "Another 2 weeks". I left the car right where it was. I am 61 years old & have had dozens of different cars... This is - BY FAR - the worst car I've ever had! Am filing a formal complain with the President of Hyundai and a formal complaint with the BBB & the Attorney Generals office in Connecticut and North Carolina This is some real BS! After checking the repair records I determined that my count was off... The battery issues have caused the car to be in the shop for 50 days! I can't even trade this POS in.... I am SO pissed off right now!I
    If I were you, I would rapidly pursue a Lemon Law claim in the appropriate state (your lawyer can advise you on that), and forget about the rest of the stuff. Otherwise, you may end having to keep the car and you will never know if it is really fixed, or whether the problem will happen again down the road.

kn5owa is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

Mark is probably right - get rid of the car - anyway you can.

Why? Nobody can service these cars. Face it - people.

I took my '06 Sonata to the shop for a problem involving the heater motor blend valve actuator - I pre-diagnosed the problem for them - I made sure the part was in stock, In short I did everything except the actual work. Still the manager argued with me about the problem. And, this was a little V6 car - 10 years old.

I left the car - they replaced the aforesaid motor actuator, and mercifully, it seems to be fixed right.

My Genny has had absolutely no problems in two years - but if it does - I'll probably have to trash it and get a new G80. Your experience is the reason for my conclusion. Did they at least speak English?

On my Genny V8 - at least I can do the routine maintenance - oil, filters, etc.
    Drives '06 Sonata LX V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

That is ridiculous service. If I were you I would stop talking about it and go through an attorney, get the car bought back.

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by balfor View Post
    That is ridiculous service. If I were you I would stop talking about it and go through an attorney, get the car bought back.
    It's not necessarily a service problem. If there was a manufacturing design problem or assembly error, it may be very hard (or nearly impossible) for the dealer service department to diagnose the cause of the problem. Lemon Laws were not enacted to dealer with bad service, but to deal with problems that can't seem to be fixed.

I absolutely agree that the OP should move forward quickly with the Lemon Law and get a new car.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Stress relaxation techniques are cheaper than hiring lawyers, or having a heart attack.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast