Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Throwing in the towel.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Jim Karns is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 15' 2G Sedan V6 HTRAC
    I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Throwing in the towel.

Members don't see this ad
    Thanks for that - You're really "helpful" (insert sarcasm here)... Glad to hear yours starts - mines left me dead 5 times in the last 7 weeks. But again - Thanks for the helpful input.....

- - - Updated - - -

I have filed a complaint with the North Carolina Department of Justice and the Better Business Bureau.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Karns View Post
    I have filed a complaint with the North Carolina Department of Justice and the Better Business Bureau.
    Is that how you start a Lemon Law complaint? Even if Hyundai agrees to a refund via Lemon Law, they are not going to do it unless you start the legal process. I don't know if it takes a lawyer, but you should be able to find out.

Forget about the Better Business Bureau.

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Stress relaxation techniques are cheaper than hiring lawyers, or having a heart attack.
    Once you have figured out how "Stress relaxation techniques" can take you to your job, your work, the store, grandma, (insert other destination here) please come back and clue us in. Until then, your comment is simply a waste of time.

I hope the OP has some luck with a lawyer. Hyundai's response to this whole mess is simply unacceptable.
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.6 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
    Hyundai's response to this whole mess is simply unacceptable.
    Without commenting on that directly, I doubt that manufacturers comply to the Lemon Law until the legal process is started by the owner. The point of the Lemon Law is to get reimbursement for the car, not to get the manufacturer to admit any wrongdoing.

If an owner just wants to humiliate the manufacturer, instead of getting restitution, then my suggestions can be ignored.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Yes, I'm sure that a lawyer will be hired "any day now."
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Jim Karns is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 15' 2G Sedan V6 HTRAC
    I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

Mark...
    Yes it is the first step. I am so pissed off about the customer service I've received from the factory reps. They have absolutely no concern what so ever. The lawyers are lined up (if necessary) And I am pasting the social media. Perhaps a lot of embarrassment will shake the tree. Sent a certified letter to Hyundai president... That will probably be used for toilet paper. My calculations were incorrect. By the dates on the dealer repair reports... I am now at day 53.

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Karns View Post
    Mark...
    Yes it is the first step. I am so pissed off about the customer service I've received from the factory reps. They have absolutely no concern what so ever. The lawyers are lined up (if necessary) And I am pasting the social media. Perhaps a lot of embarrassment will shake the tree. Sent a certified letter to Hyundai president... That will probably be used for toilet paper. My calculations were incorrect. By the dates on the dealer repair reports... I am now at day 53.
    I am still not sure what you want.

If you are expecting Hyundai to fix your car, you apparently don't understand that they don't know how to fix it. Some things cannot be fixed--that is the whole point of the Lemon Law. It is probably not the fault of anyone in the USA that they cannot fix it.

If you want your money back, I would recommend that you initiate the Lemon Law process. Most of people at Hyundai are probably hoping you do that, so they don't have to make a decision on their own that could cost them their job. I don't know about NC, but it may not be necessary to use a lawyer (although maybe more convenient). Have you determined that the NC Lemon Law applies as opposed to Connecticut (where you resided when you purchased from a NC dealer)?

I live in Danbury, Ct
    Cars in my garage

Hyundai has finally agreed to buy back the car. SELLING THE CUSTOM BORLA CAT BACK SYSTEM FOR V6 SEDAN (THIS IS A ONE OF AND WAS CUSTOM BUILT)... MICHELIN X ICE SNOW TIRES MOUNTED ON ALUM RIMS FLOOR MATS TRUNK LINER. ALL ITEMS LISTED IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!...ANY INTERESTS...???

richbegelfer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Phoenix, AZ
    Cars in my garage

Jim, These guys seem to be the experts in all states: https://lemonlawgrouppartners.com/
    I am contacting them for the issue with my 2017 G80 5.0. More in this in the advanced part of this post.

I have a 2017 G80, 5.0 Ultimate Took delivery in Sept. 2016. Other than the obvious and very annoying issue that the Ultimate DIS cannot support Android-Auto, which was not disclosed prior to purchase - in fact, they told me it could run it and send/receive texts. Now here is the real problem:

Since the redesign of the Genesis vehicle in 2015, there were many excellent improvements made to the vehicle, not the least of which was making the vehicle quieter from road noise. But it seems that whatever redesign was done to the suspension has resulted in a constant vibration through the steering wheel and the seat that reminds me of the vibration of an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. It is almost a slight vibration/rumble, but it's always there at any speed.

At first, Genesis replaced the tires with another set of the factory Continental Contact TX. That did not help. Then, after I contacted Continental tires, the tires were again replaced with the Continental top of the line for this size tire(s), the Extreme Contacts. Still the problem persists.

I just got the car back from Genesis/Hyundai service (for the 4th time) yesterday, February 15th, 2017. They checked everything and tightened everything in the suspension, including a small adjustement to the rear wheel alignment. The problem persists.

It is interesting to note that none of the previous Genesis models I have owned/leased ever had any kind of vibration like this. I've owned/leased 2- 2010 4.6 Ultimate/Tech; a 2011 4.6 Ultimate/Tech; and a 2012 3.6 base model that i bought for my Mother.

With my new 2017 G80 5.0 Ultimate - After driving on the highway for 35 to 90 minutes, even on brand new asphalt, the tips of my fingers are buzzing and I feel like I have been sitting on a very fine rumbling machine.

I have read the posts about the tire flat spot vibrations that others have experienced. This is not that problem. However, my car also had that problem too. In my opinion, this vehicle is too heavy to have 40 aspect ratio tires on it, such that each morning or after the car has been sitting for at least 4 hours or more, the tires ride like they are almost square, but only for the first 10-20 miles until they heat up and the flat spots go away.

After Genesis/Hyundai replaced the tires with another stock set - Continental tires acknowledged this problem and replaced my tires with the upgraded model, the "EXTREME CONTACT", even though they thought this would make the flat spot problem even worse. I have noticed that the tires regain their round shape faster with the Extreme Contact tires. But this does not address the constant subtle vibration problem in any way.

I did remove 4 pounds of air from all four of the tires last week, and this makes the problem slightly better, but does not make it go away. Along the same line as the vibration problem, I've noticed that the entire front end suspension of the vehicle shakes, as if something were loose, when I go over a parking lot speed bump at 3+ miles per hour - but not every time. I thought this might indicate that there is a problem with the suspension dampers, which would be the same problem causing the vibration. But Genesis/Hyundai service tells me that everything is "up to spec" and that my car rides the same as several other 2017 G80s that they test drove.

Unfortunately for Genesis, this indicates that the 2015 redesign of the suspension includes either a design defect or a manufacturing defect in one of the components. Either way, Genesis cannot make this vibration go away, and they say it is normal. It was not present in any of the pre 2015 Genesis cars, and it should not be present in the post 2015 models or the 2017 Genesis brand vehicle. This is a luxury car. It should not have this vibration.

I contacted the factory rep. and they have opened a case number for my claim. If they cannot fix it, I will either file a lemon law claim on it, or they can just buy it back to avoid the bad publicity of such a claim. I have spoken to several owners of post 2015 Genesis owners that I meet in parking lots. They all have noticed the vibration and have been told it is "normal".

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, several states have allowed manufacturers to require that you go through the BS of a BBB claim before they will review your lemon law claim. The BBB seems to always side with the manufacturer, but their decision is non-binding. So go ahead and file the BBB claim if required by your state. The you can file with the state. A pain in the arse ... but some states require this first step. Also, contact these guys: https://lemonlawgrouppartners.com/ They seem to be the national experts on lemon law issues.
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G80

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    My understanding is that Lemon Laws only apply to serious issues of usability (car won't start, radio stops working, etc) or with safety issues, and is much harder to enforce for subjective issues like "vibration." But I am not a legal expert on Lemon Laws.

What was your tire pressure before you lowered it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast