Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: CTS-V vs G80 N or what ever they going to call it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    suntzuaow is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Outside the nation's Capital
    Cars in my garage

Default CTS-V vs G80 N or what ever they going to call it

Members don't see this ad
    So I went to the DC Auto show and they had a 2017 CTS-V (102k) and 2018 G80 Sport (unknown price) sitting right across from each other. So I really got to compare them closely. (See Pictures). Turn 50 in July and want to buy me something nice for myself. You can currently find low mileage 2016 CTS-Vs in the mid 70s. Should I go for the CTS-V, or wait til they come out with the G80 N variant? If they ever do. I'm willing to wait a few months (maybe up to a year) for it to come out, but don't want to wait if its performance isn't going to be any where close to the CTS-V. by the way both cars look sweet, but I do give the edge to the CTS-V, especially with the carbon fiber package.
    Attached Images Attached Images

pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: CTS-V vs G80 N or what ever they going to call it

Given that the G80 meets all my car wants and needs, I'd go with the G80 Sport. I think Genesis will only make them better each year. Even so, I plan to keep my G80 for several years. The CTS looks a little too aggressive for my tastes.
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White

5 Timer is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in reality
    Cars in my garage

CTS-V.... hands down. But I'm biased, having owned both 1st and 2nd generation CTS-Vs.

Like you, I'm conspiring in my mind to make the justification to get a used 3rd gen CTS-V. I know of one at $65K and a few others that could probably be negotiated down into the high $60K.

IF and when a G80 Sport N (or whatever) rolls out, I would find it hard to believe it will initially offer anything close in horsepower to a new CTS-V or the sophistication of its suspension.

No complaints about my 2015 Genesis V-8 for comfort and tech features. But I do miss the power and handling of the V, and it only had 556hp (when it left the factory ). Just think of a V-3 with 640hp plus a few after-market add-ons.

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

I had a CTS and returned it to Auto Nation because the infotainment system is mind boggoling. My G80 even with the V-6 in the sport mode has enough power to satisfy me as I do not intend to drag race anyone. the 2018 Sport model will even have more power. The G80 is one of a few cars that received the NHSTA 5 star safetry rating for crash protection and crash avoidance. Only 2 mid size luxury cars received that rating. Furthermore, it has the best warranty in the business. Don't scrimp, go with the limited edition.

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

The pictures show both cars with sunroofs, ugh.

StarPower is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in South Carolina
    Cars in my garage

How's ceiling cat supposed to watch you in your car without a sunroof?

There's also the CTS V-Sport (420 HP twin-turbo V6). It's a lot sportier than the Genesis/G80 without being as insane as the CTS-V, and you can pick one up used in the mid $30K range.
    2015 Genesis RWD 5.0 Ultimate (USA)
    Empire State Gray/Ivory

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by StarPower View Post

There's also the CTS V-Sport (420 HP twin-turbo V6). It's a lot sportier than the Genesis/G80 without being as insane as the CTS-V, and you can pick one up used in the mid $30K range.
    Ceiling cat makes his own sunroofs when necessary. :
    I remember watching a J Leno youtube video on the hardcore CTS and it was not available with a sunroof. Instead, it was beefed up like the Genesis for rollover and had a carbon fiber panel.

jrhodes87 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by StarPower View Post

hmmm not sure where you are seeing any used CTS-V sport for mid 30's. Unless your talking about 2012's or something.

StarPower is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in South Carolina
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jrhodes87 View Post
    hmmm not sure where you are seeing any used CTS-V sport for mid 30's. Unless your talking about 2012's or something.
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...emium%20Luxury

They didn't start producing the V-Sport until 2014.
    Last edited by StarPower; 02-25-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: To add quote

suntzuaow is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Outside the nation's Capital
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Lots of CTS-Vs on Autotrader from mid 70's to low 80's. Most with less than 9,000 miles. Looking at the G80 Sport the looks are there, but the power is not. Biermman has been with Hyundai for 3 years and what do they have to show for it. An I30N, that's not even being released in America, way under power compared to Focus RS and Civic Type R. Stick a TAU V8 into the Sport, add twin turbos, some bodywork, wider tires, tuned suspension, upgrade the transmission and some Recaro seats, trim with more carbon fiber, name it a G80 R-Spec and call it a day. How hard is that? ;-)

http://gearheads.org/super-sema-ark-...genesis-sedan/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast