Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Sport Dealer *Rumors*
  1. Default G80 Sport Dealer *Rumors*

Members don't see this ad
    Had a conversation with one of the dedicated Genesis dealers here in Wisconsin this morning (I have labelled those types as the "store within a store" dealers that I assume will be the first to spin up stand-alone Genesis stores when there enough models to warrant it.) and per that contact can share the following - which I would absolutely class as 100% unsubstantiated rumors at this point. ** YMMV ** (I need something to keep me entertained while waiting for the Sport)

(1) Per Genesis USA only Genesis dealers that are authorized to sell the G90 will be allowed to sell the G80 Sport. The dealer further added that the G90 dealers are dealers that were originally authorized to sell the Equus.

(2) Their first two G80 Sports will arrive in early to mid June - one in Caspian Black (black interior) and one in Sevilla Red. It didn't sound like regular allocations were actually taking place yet....I am kind of wondering if the Genesis USA reps just told every full line Genesis store they would get a "red one and a black one" for launch - I can pretty much see the conversation going that way with the GMs and sales managers.

(3) There are no packages or factory options on the G80 sport - there is a single configuration.

(4) The G80 sport will be available in "very limited numbers"

(5) For the State of WI Genesis USA anticipates two full line Genesis dealers....which led to an extended discussion about how I was going to take advantage of the valet service when I am over 60 miles away from the dealership in another major WI city currently served by two Hyundai dealers.

FWIW - I don't know what the heck is going on with our two local Hyundai dealerships - both owned by the same dealer principal. They have 2017 G80 stock but were never Equus dealers and don't have G90s. Neither location has spun up a dedicated Genesis website. Both are listed on the Genesis USA website with their Hyundai names. I can't imagine Genesis/Hyundai would let our market NOT be served by a dedicated Genesis dealer but who knows.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G80 Sport Dealer *Rumors*

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I can't imagine Genesis/Hyundai would let our market NOT be served by a dedicated Genesis dealer but who knows.
    Genesis Motors does not set up dealers. They must find entrepreneurs or corporations who are willing to invest millions of their own money in a Genesis dealership. Genesis Motors (or Hyundai corporate) can loan them some of the needed money, but they are not going to "fund" the dealership. That is not how car dealerships work in the USA, and they are required to be separate from the manufacturer by most state laws.

Genesis has a quandary in that many people want separate Genesis luxury car dealerships with improved customer service and a better experience, so that is why they have limited the G90 sales to only certain dealerships. Of course, that creates the problem that there won't be nearly as many Genesis dealerships as there are Hyundai dealerships, and not only does that create service issues, but also cuts down on price competition, so the Genesis cars are going to be discounted less in the future when they are only sold at Genesis dealers.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Their first two G80 Sports will arrive in early to mid June - one in Caspian Black (black interior) and one in Sevilla Red.
    It's possible those will be the only two colors for 2018 G80 Sport in the USA. Just because they have more colors for the G80 Sport in Korea, does not automatically mean that we will get those Korean colors.

Hoosier Dave is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Indiana/Florida
    Cars in my garage

As has been discussed on here a little recently, these are the "trial" days for Hyundai in launching their premium brand. I visited both dealerships near me (Naples and Ft. Myers FL) and both had very large G80 and G90 stocks, and were moving them. The Naples store had sold many G90s as it is located in a very well heeled area. Both dealerships sold the entire "valet" service very hard but it wasn't a big deal to me since half of the year I am in another state and 50 miles from the nearest dealership. The funny part of the story is after getting the G80, my wife couldn't get the car to move out of the parking lot after a concert. She finally got it to move after turning the car off and on several times. When I called service the next morning and explained her problem, he said "so what do you want--you want it towed?" I answered that "I thought you'd come and get it and loan me another G80 like I was promised. " That is what they did but only after I insisted. Later, the sales manager apologized and said they still had a ways to go in their training.

4. Default Re: G80 Sport Dealer *Rumors*

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Genesis Motors does not set up dealers. They must find entrepreneurs or corporations who are willing to invest millions of their own money in a Genesis dealership. Genesis Motors (or Hyundai corporate) can loan them some of the needed money, but they are not going to "fund" the dealership. That is not how car dealerships work in the USA, and they are required to be separate from the manufacturer by most state laws.

Genesis has a quandary in that many people want separate Genesis luxury car dealerships with improved customer service and a better experience, so that is why they have limited the G90 sales to only certain dealerships.

It's possible those will be the only two colors for 2018 G80 Sport in the USA. Just because they have more colors for the G80 Sport in Korea, does not automatically mean that we will get those Korean colors.
    Oh yeah I totally understand the dealer / manufacturer relationship in the US. I'm just a little surprised our local Hyundai dealer who has been successful in selling Genesis vehicles in Madison isn't pursuing a future Genesis franchise...but hey it's early so who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Actually one of those Genesis press releases on the Genesis press website had the US color list for the Sport: Caspian Black, Himalayan Gray, Polar Ice, Sevilla Red and Casablanca White if I remember correctly....Sevilla Red and Polar Ice are G80 sport colors only.

PD705 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport
    Cars in my garage

Confirmed that colour choices are limited. Here in Canada we'll only have Caspian Black, Casablanca White, Himalayan Grey, and Sevilla Red for the time being. No plans to offer Polar Ice up here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQHOj9Pl...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BPoOXIEl...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQdY4ODl...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQjjIdrF...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQomVRNB...rick_danielson

Seejay is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PD705 View Post
    Confirmed that colour choices are limited. Here in Canada we'll only have Caspian Black, Casablanca White, Himalayan Grey, and Sevilla Red for the time being. No plans to offer Polar Ice up here.
    Canadians have all the polar ice they can handle. :P

Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by PD705 View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQHOj9Pl...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BPoOXIEl...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQdY4ODl...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQjjIdrF...rick_danielson
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQomVRNB...rick_danielson
    The white and grey would be my top choices. Enjoyed checking it out at the Toronto auto show, but I do NOT want to drive one as I think that turbo 6 is going to give me a bad case of engine envy!