Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Wait for 2018 G80 or get 2017 G80 within 1-2 months?
    bakercard is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    Cars in my garage

Question Wait for 2018 G80 or get 2017 G80 within 1-2 months?

Members don't see this ad
    Does anyone know when the 2018 G80s will hit dealers? Should I wait a couple of more months for the 2018 model or get the 2017 model in 1-2 months?

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Wait for 2018 G80 or get 2017 G80 within 1-2 months?

Probably depends on which model you want. If you just want the base V6, it looks like the only changes are the bumpers, wheels, and some of the interior trim. If you want a sport model of course that will only be a 2018 G80. You could always wait a bit until June or so to see if the '18s are out. There should still be '17 inventory left if you want to save some money.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by balfor View Post
    Probably depends on which model you want. If you just want the base V6, it looks like the only changes are the bumpers, wheels, and some of the interior trim.
    Where did you hear about the details of the changes?

Bogey99 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2002 BMW 530i
    I live in San Diego
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Where did you hear about the details of the changes?
    Some of the changes were mentioned in the press release announcing the G80 Sport back in November:

http://www.genesisnewsusa.com/us/en/...rmance-styling

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
    Some of the changes were mentioned in the press release announcing the G80 Sport back in November:

http://www.genesisnewsusa.com/us/en/...rmance-styling
    Thanks for the link. Here is a summary of what they said about the 2018's:

All 2018 Genesis G80s benefit from the latest in multimedia and connectivity technology, including standard Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ support plus available wireless device charging. Both the G80 3.8 and 5.0 also receive an exterior freshening that features a redesigned front bumper with a refreshed grille and new rear undercover. A new, standard 18-inch alloy wheel design on the 3.8 adds a modern update to the vehicle’s sleek side profile appearance. On the inside, well-designed interior enhancements and high-grade materials including genuine aluminum and new matte-wood finishes refresh the G80’s luxurious interior cabin.

2018 GENESIS G80 HIGHLIGHTS (3.8 and 5.0):
    • Updated 8-speed automatic transmission with available shift-by-wire technology (standard on 5.0 model)
    • Refreshed exterior design: headlights, lower front grille, front and rear fascia
    • New, standard 18-inch wheel design
    • Interior enhancements including new instrument cluster, shift knob, rearview mirror, analog clock and premium speaker design
    • New available genuine matte wood finishes: Paldao and Sapale wood
    • Modern aluminum trim pattern
    • Standard Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ plus additional front USB charge port
    • Added Pedestrian Detection and Driver Attention Alert as standard safety technology
    • Superior in-cabin noise levels and comfort with improved NVH enhancements

For 2018, all Genesis G80 trims, including the 5.0-liter, will be available with the choice of either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive to manage various driving conditions and meet consumer demands.

Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX
    Cars in my garage

I'd wait for the 2018 G80, or depending on your driving style, wishes, and budget, consider a G90.
    Austin Genesis Meetup!! Feb 26th at 11:00am in the Carrabbas parking lot next to Rudy's on 183

Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

jrhodes87 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Yeah I'm definitely interested in seeing what they 18 G80 is going to look like. I for one went the opposite route and lowballed a 16 Genesis for 27k. I tell people what I paid for the car and they just don't believe me haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'm definitely interested in seeing what they 18 G80 is going to look like. I for one went the opposite route and lowballed a 16 Genesis for 27k. I tell people what I paid for the car and they just don't believe me haha. Driving this thing around and I got it for the same price as a Sonata Limited, blows my mind!

silberma is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    I'd wait for the 2018 G80, or depending on your driving style, wishes, and budget, consider a G90.
    Considering that the changes from 2017 to 2018 are minor (except sport model) and the huge depreciation that these cars have a better option may be a loaded 2016 model

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Definitely wait would I.