Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamsy is online now Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Default OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's

Members don't see this ad
    So here we go. I have been in search for quite some time regarding this, I have spoken with multiple companies and tuners including the whole AlphaSpeed mumbo jumbo. He can't tune our cars, his OBD tool won't work with it not even CMD Flash won't work with it. Now I am not into all the technical stuff how this company is able to do it. Something with using a new ECU though to do it. Anyways, I found out about this place yesterday fortunately they're really close, I'll put in details about it below of course. I was just speaking with Ark Performance on Facebook messenger, he was telling me that the guy that tuned their 2nd Gen Genesis for SEMA was from Korea. In fact, his exact words, "He opened the ECU like physically opened it, not sure what he did. and plugged it into the laptop." I was trying to get in contact with their tuner, and then said. Wait, you have a 1st Gen Genesis? Then that's when all the magic happened he linked me to a tuning event about 20 or 30 minutes away from me. They legit have an option to tune the 5.0's I was so shocked.. I was so like hyped for it all, I called him right away, he was busy of course, said yeah I've tuned one before, boom sent me a dyno of it today. all tho not a very good pic, I guess he doesn't believe in "prt scn."

Tuning Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/192218001242526/
    Dyno: https://snag.gy/1ERayt.jpg
    Dyno car (2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0)
    https://www.facebook.com/Lap3usa/posts/1355050624562218
    His words to me regarding dyno, "The 1st baseline had a speed limiter, which limited power at 350whp- range. Once we unlocked the limiter, it was seeing 370s
    And refining the tune with premium gas took it around 390whp
    That measurement is in PS, which reads a tad higher than WHP"

So Idk if I'm just retarded or reading it wrong, but he gained a 37.61hp gain from just fine tuning to premium gas!!

So let me add some words he said. With all my mods I have done. Gonna list is. (R2C CAI, QTP Cutouts w/(resanator delete), Intake Manifold Ported, Throttle Body Ported 2nd cat deletes

Now this might be fantasizing a bit.. I am looking at close to 60hp or more with my mods.. Idk about you guys, but this is nuts to me!! I was crying to myself for the longest time saying I should have got the Jaguar XFR. We could easily make it in the high 12's with this!!

Little quick edit
    (I have no idea if they can tune 2nd Gen, go ahead and message them to find out, they reply fairly quickly) Oh also wanted to add the fact I know all dynos are different, and I know Edmunds got Whp-364 Tq-342 when testing the car, but I am basing all gains from their dyno
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dreamsy; 03-07-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Beau2424 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Equus Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's

congrats! btw, do you know of any cold air intake for a 2012 Equus??

Dreamsy is online now Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Hmmm, I'm not too sure, if the R2C intakes or Weapon R intakes will fit your car. That is very intriguing.. I do know there was a member on the forum named Andy who had done the Abel racing CAI that fit the Equus/Genesis

Beau2424 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Equus Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

yea i can not find anything on line

xiaphin is offline KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Be interesting to see how this goes. Last year at the BTR Tuning Event in NC they said that no one had been able to crack the 5.0 ECU, even in Korea. Sounds like somebody has figured out a "trick" to get more power out of the stock ECU. Not so sure I would call this a tune but who doesn't like to tap into a few extra HP that is already there.

As far as opening the ECU up, this is what BTR does for the 3.8 and 4.6 ECU's. They probe certain areas of the ECU and overwrite the stock data. If this is being done the same way, you will need a spare ECU and swap it out if you plan on having any warranty work performed. Otherwise they can tell your ECU has been modified.
    Debadged - 3000K HIDs - KDM Airbag - Black Chrome Rear Wing - LED Scuff Plates - SS Dynamic Edition Accel Pedal - Aluminum Brake Pedal - Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
    Suntek HP Bronze 40% Tint - Orafol 8300 Light Grey Tinted Heads and Tails - Avery SW900 Brushed Steel Wrapped Roof
    Junction Produce Beige Curtains - VipdOut Beige Neckpads
    09' SCC Grille w/Camera - Prada Side Engine Covers
    Air Force Suspension Bags
    Accuair e-Level Management - Dual 400s - 5 Gal Tank - Exo Mounts - Copper Hardlines - SS Fittings - Zaetec Digital Pressure Gauge - i-Level
    Infinitewerks LS01
    Front - 20x10+18 Rear - 20x10.5+28
    Liquid Bronze Face - Brushed Smoked Lead Lips and Centers w/logo Machined - 24k Gold Hardware
    Yokohama S.drive 245/35/20 All Around
    --------------
    IG - @pharrlower
    Discogs - xiaphin

mtriples is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Sedan HTRAC
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Damn, I wasn't the first to post haha

Yes, LAP3 has started tuning 5.0 ecu's. Called the US office earlier today. It's a pre-flashed ecu, gotta buy the whole thing, though he mentioned that they should be able to do it live at their tuning events too. I'm working on getting pricing information right now. It sounds like they can do gen2 as well. They're getting me info to confirm that it won't cause issues with the 5.0 HTRAC system on my canadian model.

I may have upcoming info on a development from a different source too though...

I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Hey mtriples, and yeah he did say, if the ECU's are the same as the 1st Gen sedans they should not have a problem tuning them. I don't think they're the same, I am not sure. I paid $1200 if you guys are wondering, for the new ECU that is required, with the tune it self. I also am in contact with Bisimoto, and ooooh boy I am excited for them. They're helping me with a custom performance cams for my car, and I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but hopefully all is good from it.

Tampa_Gen_13 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Tampa, FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsy View Post
    With all my mods I have done. Gonna list is. (R2C CAI, QTP Cutouts w/(resanator delete), Intake Manifold Ported, Throttle Body Ported 2nd cat deletes
    You ported your intake manifold and throttle body? Did you notice any performance out of the modification?
    '14 R-Spec Sedan
    TSW Jarama Wheels
    R2C Intake
    MSA Cat Deletes & X-Pipe
    Dynomax VT Mufflers & Race Style Bullet Resonators
    Custom Exhaust Piping
    RKSport Carbon Fiber Rear Lip
    Carbon Fiber Gas Door
    Blacked Out OEM Grill
    Smoked OEM Tail Lights
    ULTRA RACING Front Strut Bar
    ULTRA RACING Front Tie Bar
    ULTRA RACING Middle Lower Bar
    ULTRA RACING Lower Rear Member Braces
    ULTRA RACING Lower Rear Tie bar
    Brembo Conversion w/StopTech rotors/pads/lines

I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Gen_13 View Post
    You ported your intake manifold and throttle body? Did you notice any performance out of the modification?
    Yeah, I don't think its placebo either, it feels like a tad more responsive. I think I reduced half the lag on the pedal if not more, the car seems more ready, when gunned. Like idk if you notice this, but the transmission on our cars our not snappy, but almost lazy.. Like, when you want to punch it the car is like, "Ohhh wait we're going now!?" Then after that full second of lag, it kicks in. Now, here's something interesting, which is hard to put into like rolling races for me.. So I found out on here, I forgot who to give Credit on here, I apologize, but if you're reading this ily.. But when rolling next to your opponent in line to race, make sure you put the gear stick all the way down to (-) and hold it there while rolling into the line.. Then put it back into drive, and boom transmission goes int OVERDRIVE!! With super quick shifts!! This is like our generic sport mode, but I'm trying to think, there has to be a way to convert this into our normal driving without having to put it in (-) each time..

daviderle is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsy View Post
    Yeah, I don't think its placebo either, it feels like a tad more responsive. I think I reduced half the lag on the pedal if not more, the car seems more ready, when gunned. Like idk if you notice this, but the transmission on our cars our not snappy, but almost lazy.. Like, when you want to punch it the car is like, "Ohhh wait we're going now!?" Then after that full second of lag, it kicks in. Now, here's something interesting, which is hard to put into like rolling races for me.. So I found out on here, I forgot who to give Credit on here, I apologize, but if you're reading this ily.. But when rolling next to your opponent in line to race, make sure you put the gear stick all the way down to (-) and hold it there while rolling into the line.. Then put it back into drive, and boom transmission goes int OVERDRIVE!! With super quick shifts!! This is like our generic sport mode, but I'm trying to think, there has to be a way to convert this into our normal driving without having to put it in (-) each time..
    Congrats, well done, this is some great news and long time coming, as I have all but given up on the possibility of this tune!

BTW thank you for the mention / credit. (http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...sp-enhancement)

As a reminder, TCU in our cars learns our driving habits, so over time it will adapt to the fast shifting mode depending on the driving style.

As far as making it easier, the remote shifter mod (F1 shifter kit) that I have installed also helps to engage the (-) magic trick and makes things a little easier...
    Last edited by daviderle; 03-10-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast