Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamsy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by daviderle View Post
    Congrats, well done, this is some great news and long time coming, as I have all but given up on the possibility of this tune!

BTW thank you for the mention / credit. (http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...sp-enhancement)

As a reminder, TCU in our cars learns our driving habits, so over time it will adapt to the fast shifting mode depending on the driving style.

As far as making it easier, the remote shifter mod (F1 shifter kit) that I have installed also helps to engage the (-) magic trick and makes things a little easier...
    Really?? So that is intriguing.. That universal paddle shifters was a success after all? I will look into it buying that, did you find out any quicker times when using the paddle shifters for the "magic trick" than using our regular automatic shifts?

daviderle is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsy View Post
    Really?? So that is intriguing.. That universal paddle shifters was a success after all? I will look into it buying that, did you find out any quicker times when using the paddle shifters for the "magic trick" than using our regular automatic shifts?
    Indeed they were, among the many other benifits I have seen, it makes the shifts in D, pretty 'tight', when slowing down, as soon as the rpm falls bellow 1500 the trasmition downshifts and engine is just ready to go at a moments notice, even I am driving 'normally'.

The times recorded did not change after this mod, but for me it does not matter as it adds a level of driving excitement to the R-Spec, in my humble opinion, is otherwise lacking.

For reference here is the original thread:

http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-gen...hifters-anyone

Roc is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2013 5.0 R Spec
    I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

I'm wondering if you were able to do any actual timing runs? My mechanic says the 5.0 throttle body is over 80mm in size and can flow over 800-1000 cfm. The engine size as unmodified can only accept 650/700 cfm max.@ 6550rpm. If we were able to get 7000+rpms, then more of a match. But smoothing flow apparently will help. Initial throttle opening angle, since larger, will seem more responsive.

Separate subject. Just talked to David @ LAP3. said he will send me all the information to order and tune with their new ECU. Said 25-35rwhp no problem w/premium fuel. No driveability, etc. problems, however will invalidate warranty so need to keep original ECU. Everything is done in Korea. Having a hard time keeping up with demand since their major work is doing the 4/6cyl engines. V8 wasn't in their plans, per say. You can send your original ECU but car will be out of service for 35-45 days. Mod does not unleash speed limiter or RPM limiter however. Would like to know results of anyone on this web site that has it installed.

DavidHanLee is offline Registered Member What I drive: 5.0 HTRAC
    I live in Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtriples View Post
    Damn, I wasn't the first to post haha

Yes, LAP3 has started tuning 5.0 ecu's. Called the US office earlier today. It's a pre-flashed ecu, gotta buy the whole thing, though he mentioned that they should be able to do it live at their tuning events too. I'm working on getting pricing information right now. It sounds like they can do gen2 as well. They're getting me info to confirm that it won't cause issues with the 5.0 HTRAC system on my canadian model.

I may have upcoming info on a development from a different source too though...
    Canadian 5.0 HTRAC owner checking in. Keep me in the loop.

Current: 2015 Ibiza Blue 5.0 HTRAC
    Traded in: 2011 Sapphire Blue Pearl Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6
    R2C CAI, MSA X-pipe, Muffler delete and Silverline quad exhaust tips
    Genesis Sedan 4.6 YouTube Videos
    Instagram

I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

David also said that they do not expect that much 5.0 interest because they realize the HP gain is not very much for about $1100-1200. They work on the turbos and supercharged 4/6 cyls where guys can expect up to 100hp for the same amount of money and the demand is high. NOS 100 hp shot is still cheaper. Anybody done it? Works great on Ford 5.0s.

Dreamsy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    I'm wondering if you were able to do any actual timing runs? My mechanic says the 5.0 throttle body is over 80mm in size and can flow over 800-1000 cfm. The engine size as unmodified can only accept 650/700 cfm max.@ 6550rpm. If we were able to get 7000+rpms, then more of a match. But smoothing flow apparently will help. Initial throttle opening angle, since larger, will seem more responsive.

Separate subject. Just talked to David @ LAP3. said he will send me all the information to order and tune with their new ECU. Said 25-35rwhp no problem w/premium fuel. No driveability, etc. problems, however will invalidate warranty so need to keep original ECU. Everything is done in Korea. Having a hard time keeping up with demand since their major work is doing the 4/6cyl engines. V8 wasn't in their plans, per say. You can send your original ECU but car will be out of service for 35-45 days. Mod does not unleash speed limiter or RPM limiter however. Would like to know results of anyone on this web site that has it installed.
    I might have to disagree with your post. Only cause in my first post he told me this.

"The 1st baseline had a speed limiter, which limited power at 350whp- range. Once we unlocked the limiter, it was seeing 370s
    And refining the tune with premium gas took it around 390whp
    That measurement is in PS, which reads a tad higher than WHP" I am not sure if I am retarded, but he is saying the word "speed limiter", then says we unlocked the speed limiter!! Man idk I should have asked more in depth. Like I'm sure it can be done. I didn't speak with David, I spoke with the whoever's phone number is on there website and whoever runs their facebook page.

I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Hey Roc, and yeah NOS is a bit too gay for me. Sounds fun and all, maybe will consider it.. Just the fact, you have to refill your can of nitous every so often, idk.. Rather just get something more real like a supercharger, you know? I am in contact with Bisimoto, and I bought factory cams as they requested, and they are gonna get me custom cams!! So Roc E Road, I will assure you without NOS, I will be getting close if not 100whp gain. I'm thinking 40 from the custom cams, and 20 from the tune. 10 for CAI, 10 for my port and polish, 10 for 2ndary cat deletes and maybe 6rwhp for my exhaust cutots??. So minimum is 86rwhp in my head want more, but don't wan to get my hopes up.

- - - Updated - - -

And Roc. Idk if that's true about the speed limiter please go back to my first post and see what he said about removing the "speed limiter" I am pretty sure it is possible. I didn't speak to David, spoke to whoever runs their facebook page.

I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

Summit offers NOS 0500 with mods for any vehicle @ $392 w/ additional 15% discount for first order. Guarantees up to 125 hp and does not interfer with fuel ecomomy during normal driving. It was always the cheapest way to get hp when you want it at a touch of a button. No one knows because its hidden until you push the button. Wouldn't know if our V8 could handle it, thou. David was very strong about no limiters would be removed. I was really interested in getting to 7000rpm, but said nope. Same for top end. Anyway my hood starts to shake @ 148mph. Scary. Not doing that again with whomever I run. Anyone else have noticed the shake? Didn't think I was against the rev limiter. Hope all goes well for you with the mods. Pls keep informed. With bigger cams/duration, etc. you may actually need a larger TB cut. No question with supercharging since you are pushing more PSI. May want to see if injectors are up to it.

I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

I'm waiting for David to import the newest 5.0 ECU. He said it would be going to VA and he would call me when it comes in. I am 100% interested in this even if it is only 25-35RHP. I run a stealth/sneaker so don't want to over blow off BMWS/Mercs/Ford 5.0s. Right now I get them as long they are stock, and not the speciality ones. ie., Ms, AMGs, mod 5.0s.

DavidHanLee is offline Registered Member What I drive: 5.0 HTRAC
    I live in Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Speaking about ECUs if a tune for the 2nd generation 5.0 comes around I'll probably buy an ECU from a totaled vehicle.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast