Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mtriples is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Sedan HTRAC
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's

Members don't see this ad
    [QUOTE=Dreamsy;235888]Hey Roc, and yeah NOS is a bit too gay for me. Sounds fun and all, maybe will consider it.. Just the fact, you have to refill your can of nitous every so often, idk.. Rather just get something more real like a supercharger, you know? I am in contact with Bisimoto, and I bought factory cams as they requested, and they are gonna get me custom cams!! So Roc E Road, I will assure you without NOS, I will be getting close if not 100whp gain. I'm thinking 40 from the custom cams, and 20 from the tune. 10 for CAI, 10 for my port and polish, 10 for 2ndary cat deletes and maybe 6rwhp for my exhaust cutots??. So minimum is 86rwhp in my head want more, but don't wan to get my hopes up.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]

Dude. Keep me posted on the cams. I haven't said much before, but I'll admit at this point that I've discussed a little with both Winberg and Bryant about shipping a remanufactured shortblock to them for engineering a stroker crank. Hyundai themselves have said that the Tau is capable of supporting a 5.5L displacement, but they stuck with an even 5.0 to balance out fuel economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHanLee View Post
    Canadian 5.0 HTRAC owner checking in. Keep me in the loop.
    I'll post when I have more info. They need snapshots of both sides of my ecu to confirm, so it sounds like they jumped the gun in telling me that the DH 5.0 is supported.

84FordMan is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

And now there is some competition. BTR has released a video showcasing a tuned BH 5.0, on top of that they also have promised TCU tuning and able to provide the same for the DH platform.

The TCU part comes as no surprise as almost a year ago a blue BK2 Genesis Coupe at their NC tuning event tested their TCU tune (Which at that time was improved shift tables and timing, as well as disabling auto upshift while in manual mode) and the BK2 uses the 8-speed from the same family as the facelifted BH and DH.

Exciting time to own a 5.0, gentleman.

https://www.facebook.com/bloodtypera...5623275524342/
    -- 2010 3.8 Coupe Auto Bathurst Black -- (Gone)
    - Flowmaster 80-series/R2C/Sedan calipers/RMR grille
    - Top Speed headers/Megan mid-pipe/Nexus7 in dash

-- 2011 4.6 Sedan Tech/Prem Platinum Metallic --
    - Custom SRI
    - MSA X-pipe
    - Depo Racing test pipes
    - Coupe Brembo swap
    - BTR Tuned

Roc is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2013 5.0 R Spec
    I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

This dovetails in what David of LAP3 told me. ECU doesnot control speed or RPM limiters, but the TCU does. His mods do not touch the TCU only the ECU. Both Mods together may end up with a real contender. One can dream.

Dreamsy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by 84FordMan View Post
    And now there is some competition. BTR has released a video showcasing a tuned BH 5.0, on top of that they also have promised TCU tuning and able to provide the same for the DH platform.

The TCU part comes as no surprise as almost a year ago a blue BK2 Genesis Coupe at their NC tuning event tested their TCU tune (Which at that time was improved shift tables and timing, as well as disabling auto upshift while in manual mode) and the BK2 uses the 8-speed from the same family as the facelifted BH and DH.

Amen on that brother! And I am not familiar with TCU tuning, I just know there is a BIG lag of a full second or more when stepping on the pedal! And what Roc is saying, is it possible to have both? I am getting tuned by LAP3, but could I get TCU tuned by BTR as well?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=mtriples;235995]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsy View Post
    Hey Roc, and yeah NOS is a bit too gay for me. Sounds fun and all, maybe will consider it.. Just the fact, you have to refill your can of nitous every so often, idk.. Rather just get something more real like a supercharger, you know? I am in contact with Bisimoto, and I bought factory cams as they requested, and they are gonna get me custom cams!! So Roc E Road, I will assure you without NOS, I will be getting close if not 100whp gain. I'm thinking 40 from the custom cams, and 20 from the tune. 10 for CAI, 10 for my port and polish, 10 for 2ndary cat deletes and maybe 6rwhp for my exhaust cutots??. So minimum is 86rwhp in my head want more, but don't wan to get my hopes up.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]

Dude. Keep me posted on the cams. I haven't said much before, but I'll admit at this point that I've discussed a little with both Winberg and Bryant about shipping a remanufactured shortblock to them for engineering a stroker crank. Hyundai themselves have said that the Tau is capable of supporting a 5.5L displacement, but they stuck with an even 5.0 to balance out fuel economy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll post when I have more info. They need snapshots of both sides of my ecu to confirm, so it sounds like they jumped the gun in telling me that the DH 5.0 is supported.
    And will do bro. Just taking a long time to received the factory cams!! Got delayed twice somehow!! Should be coming real soon, then I should be in contact with Bisimoto how to go about it.

Youseethefight is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by 84FordMan View Post

damn if this is really gonna be available it would make the genesis amazing. ecu/tcu and some coils would make this like a bargain m5

I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

Concerning your lag time after hitting the petal. If you haven't, try removing at least one of the magnetics holding the air box flap closed. Until 4000+ rpm the only air taken in is through the small ram air passage above the radiator. Engine gets initially starved for lack of air; also turn off esc because program won't allow engine to get more than 60% throttle until about 30 mph if foot held all the way hard to the floor, also traction control comes on and off as tires break traction making it feel as if the engine/transmission is stumbling.

Paul is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Jacksonville, Fl.
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    Anyway my hood starts to shake @ 148mph. Scary. Not doing that again with whomever I run. Anyone else have noticed the shake?
    I've noticed that shake north of 130, It starts as a slight shudder at about 120~125 and progressively gets worse. Venting the hood would probably get rid of the issue at the expense of cutting holes in the hood to install such vents.
    Paul
    2012 5.0 Sedan (Non R-Spec)

Dreamsy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
    I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Okay so my cams came in today for anyone who is curious. So I got into contact with Bisimoto and WOWWWWW they are wanting to charge me $2250 to make them performance cams!! They said with a partial sponsorship it would be $1983, and these prices are without installing so I would have to pay another $800 or so for that. I was thinking in the $1200 or so range to make them performance cams, but nope.. For the price Bisimoto is requesting I feel I could go supercharged and gain close to 100whp, as compared to a 40whp gain for cams for the same price. So anyone have thoughts on this?? I have factory cams sitting now, and don't know anyone else who can grind these into performance cams.

I live in Md
    Cars in my garage

I know you have reservations but, I personally would first try NOS 100 shot for about $500+ installed. No one knows it's there and car runs normally until pres of the button. You can adjust load as well. Most rod shops know how to install correctly. Always can remove. Reliability proven over the years. Supercharging w/intracooler is good, probably $5K+ if you can find one that has been sorted for the 5.0. I have a fully sorted supercharged 14.5psi /intercooled Miata w/250rwhp on the dyno. Again I have a list of things that needed to be done before getting it out on the street. Works fine but no sleeper with the supercharger whine. However blows away M3s, etc. So lots of fun. Once, if you go cams, there are all sorts of tune you must do to make everything work to take advantage of the cams, and is anyone able to do that with the 5.0? Believe you would be a test car $$$ mule for quite a while. Grinding cams for a specific engine is a science and seems as if only the Koreans know enough of the 5.0 to possibly do it?

I live in LA
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Hey Roc, just read your message, and I don't think I would be a test car really, cause if I do go with Bisimoto they know exactly what they're doing because they have done it before. LAP3 said they could tune to the cams, anddddddd supercharger. 100 Shot of a big amount to start off with probably would try 50 first, but I will consider it. I just idk, its such a cheap mod, having to press a button, but then again my friend says they have nos that activates on its own whenever hit a certain RPM range, if that is the case definitely will consider it. Just man, sucks Bisimoto is charging such high value.. I know they know what they're doing, and they're the only ones who I know have done it.. I guess I will have to settle and pay them their $1983 and then another $800 to install it probably.. Just crazy on the fact man, I feel like I could come close to supercharging with that money, I know I could buy the blower for sure at least for that, I'd rather have the blower sitting in my house than the gay factory cams.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast