Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Passenger Seat Belt Chime
    kris2002 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Question Passenger Seat Belt Chime

Members don't see this ad
    I noticed there is no chime when the passenger does not put on a seat belt. Anyone with similar issue? Is there some option that I need to turn it on? Thanks!

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Passenger Seat Belt Chime

Relax and enjoy it. Passengers are not ticketed for not wearing seatbelts. It's up to you to remind your passengers, if necessary. In other words, you are the chime.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

tuckerdog1 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS
    Cars in my garage

Passengers are not ticketed for not wearing seatbelts
    Not the case in TX.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Seejay is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

I noticed the lack of a chime (my wife forgets and it's just a matter of time). Just finished a defensive driving course (speeding, of course) and got all lawyered up on the seat belt thing. It's primary, and anyone under 17 years of age in the front seat without a belt is expensive. And all occupants have to wear a belt. In most states, it is all seats, with the age where the fine becoming expensive ranging from 14 to 18 years of age for the front passenger. The only difference is that in 18 states, the LEO cannot stop someone just for seat belts (secondary).
    My '06 Sonata is all up in my ear if the passenger doesn't buckle up. I would chalk this one up to yet another bug in our car's firmware. I am amazed that it is not fixed in the G80.
    One of the favorite enforcement spots for Texas LEO are the u-turns under expressway intersections for the frontage streets. You cannot see them until it is too late and they can easily determine if you have your belt on.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seejay View Post
    One of the favorite enforcement spots for Texas LEO are the u-turns under expressway intersections for the frontage streets. You cannot see them until it is too late and they can easily determine if you have your belt on.
    Not fair, like shooting fish in a barrel.

BJCaspianBlack is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Eastern Washington State
    Cars in my garage

I noted this issue on our 2016. I have had the passenger warning chime on my last 4 cars. I took it into have an oil change and asked service about the issue. He told me that for whatever reason there is no warning chime for the passenger, just the flashing light. Perhaps a software update some day?

Seejay is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by BJCaspianBlack View Post
    I noted this issue on our 2016. I have had the passenger warning chime on my last 4 cars. I took it into have an oil change and asked service about the issue. He told me that for whatever reason there is no warning chime for the passenger, just the flashing light. Perhaps a software update some day?
    One would hope, but it's been 2015 Genesis, 2016 Genesis, and 2016.5 G80, and no chime. I really want to thank the OP. I had noticed this a while back, but promptly forgot. Is this something that can be filed against the NHTSA?

kris2002 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seejay View Post
    One would hope, but it's been 2015 Genesis, 2016 Genesis, and 2016.5 G80, and no chime. I really want to thank the OP. I had noticed this a while back, but promptly forgot. Is this something that can be filed against the NHTSA?
    I am used to the passenger chime in previous cars, and I think passenger seat belt is required in CA. Maybe a software update will do the trick but I am surprised they do not have it. Is it because they do not need it yet in Korea?

pmcjr is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Florida
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Did a test this morning. Passenger left seat belt off for the first couple of minutes to see what happened. A seat belt warning light came on located immediately to the left of the clock where the chime speaker is...at least on a 2017 G80. But no chime. I then unhooked mine (driver). Chime came on as well as a seat belt warning light at the bottom of the instrument panel. This is a different warning light I mentioned for the passenger. So, chime for the driver and two different warning lights...one each for driver and passenger.
    2017 Genesis G80 3.8
    Casablanca White